“Beautiful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Rockhampton, Australia
“Beautiful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I found this hotel very well presented and beautiful decor. We stayed hear prior to our safari and had a day room on our return. Overall a lovely experience, with fantastic service. We stored our in essay luggage here whilst on safari, which was very much appreciated. The rooms are amazing, well appointed. Perfect for our stay

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a lovely place on the outskirts of nairobi suburb! fantastic views of ngong hills. staff were marvellous. The setting of the hotel was very unique. good place if you want to spend quality time with your spouse. food room and all facilities were beyond my expectations. loved starters of squid and steak!

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My stay at Hemingways was one of the best highlights of my trip. As it was at the end of my trip to Kenya it sure ended on a high. From the hospitality shown to me and my family, to the food, it was absolutely amazing. The rooms were impeccable and i would highly recommend a stay here when in Nairobi. This will not be my last visit as I will definitely stay at Hemingways on my next trip.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

We had a day room at Hemingways before a late evening flight to London. It is a stunning hotel with lovely grounds, a great swimming pool and a very good restaurant. One of our best meals of our 10 day trip was on the Verandah of this hotel. We wish we could have spent longer there. This must be Nairobi's number one hotel. I hope to return.

Room Tip: All good I imagine.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

Our travel agent recommended this hotel as a stopover for our safari the next day. We wondered about the long drives from the airport, but it was so worth it!

We were welcomed in and our room was ready right away. We were pretty tired, so this was ideal. We rested, showered and went outside for afternoon tea. The tea, sandwiches and cake were very good. After tea, we sat in the main areas for awhile and really enjoyed the decor and the quiet. We went up to the bar and had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. We really wanted to enjoy all the hotel has to offer as much as we could give our limited time.

The rooms were extremely modern and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I had the best facial at the Hemingways Spa. I am obsessed with skincare and as I no longer a spring chicken,decided to make facials a part of my beauty regimen. I did some research and saw that Hemingways performed Anne Semonin facials which are very highly rated world over. I got an appointment with Katy,the spa manager and I am so glad this was my first choice.

The products smell great and my face is still glowing. The eye serum she used instantly reduced the lines around my eyes. I loved the massage and she made sure to ask if the room was the right temperature for me and even tidied up my brows. I loved every minute of my one hour and I plan on doing this as often as possible. I think for the quality offered,the spa is very well priced. I personally don't budget on my face;I only get one. Treat yourself sometime.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Due to a delayed flight, unfortunately we did not arrive at Hemingway's until about 12.30am for our one night stay in Nairobi before heading off on safari . This was such a shame, as we did not get a chance to explore or enjoy all they had to offer, so probably did not get good value for what we paid. Like many others in the suburb of Karen, this hotel is in a private gated complex with security so we did feel safe. Service was impeccable, rooms well-appointed and our butler delivered our chosen breakfast to the room, which was delicious. Free wif-fi was appreciated. It was a lovely place, and probably perfect for those who want the 5-6 star experiences, but we came away thinking it was a bit too "posh" for us.We did not realise how protected we were until the next day when we drove through the rest of the suburb and saw how real Africans live outside the secured estates. If we returned, would probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms are scattered throughout large grounds, and away from the main reception and dining building...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hemingways Nairobi? Share your experiences!