“Best Steak in Nairobi! 5 Star Accomodation.” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #9 of 124 Hotels in Nairobi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best Steak in Nairobi! 5 Star Accomodation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really love this place! I have been living in Nairobi for the past five months and this is my retreat away from the matatus, traffic and busy city-life. If you are looking for a place to lay low and relax, this is it.

I have visited the spa multiple times and really enjoyed the professionalism and accommodation of the staff. I had Lilian and Marian as my massage therapists on my different visits. They were careful to communicate clearly about pressure and what was bothering me in my back.

For dinner, I had the steak. I've gotten different cuts on multiple visits and always really enjoyed them. The steak is on another level in my opinion. The chips are also the best I have had in Nairobi. I found the vegetable sides and the dessert to be lacking a bit in value and taste.

I stayed in one of the rooms on my most recent visit. All I can say is "wow". The bathroom is huge and like a spa, the products were amazing. The TV is hidden in a chest and pops up at the push of a button. There is plenty of room to work and the wifi is everywhere an consistent. The view from my room was beautiful with the Ngong hills as a nice backdrop. I didn't even see a mosquito. The butler service was superb, they are well trained. Breakfast was served in my room, which made for a slow and refreshing morning. I have also used the gym. It is small, but adequate to get a good workout in. The machines and equipment are brand new.

All in all, I have really loved my experiences at the hotel. The staff is top notch and on multiple occasions the manager has greeted me to ask how things are going. You should check it out!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor with an unobstructed view of the Ngong hills.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Fred K, Manager at Hemingways Nairobi, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

We are glad to note that you were very satisfied with your overall experience, and thank you for the fine compliments you make about our team members , restaurants and location .

We appreciate your wonderful feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The food is great, and the location is beautiful. However, the restaurant manager was a tad condescending and somehow managed to ruin my niece's birthday dinner by his total lack of decorum!

Perhaps a course in communication would be in order...

• Stayed May 2014
Simon H, General Manager at Hemingways Nairobi, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear 254FoodieLover

Thanks for your appreciation of our great food and fantastic location. With regard to your niece’s birthday dinner, as was explained by the restaurant manager and later by myself we welcome families to The Brasserie and we do our utmost to ensure all our guests are able to enjoy the ambience and in order for this to happen we do ask that parents of young children ensure that their activities and noise levels are in keeping with the general ambience as particularly in the evening guests are more sensitive about noise levels. In this instance sadly, we could not see eye to eye on what was suitable and we had to gently speak to your niece’s mother about it particularly as we had a complaint raised from other patrons. As we explained we in no way whatsoever meant to cause offence and on my follow up call the next day with the young one’s mother all was resolved and we look forward to her and her family’s promised return to The Brasserie.

Regards

Simon H
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Hemingways Nairobi puts together different memories to every one who visits the Hotel.The Lobby is well set for Private meetings as you watch the sun set.They offer well balanced afternoon tea which is systematically served.

The Restaurant set up is world class which is well matched by their smart and attentive waiting Team.The service at the restaurant was well coordinated by the two managers who i used to see at the Westland's Sankara hotel.I was very happy by their attentiveness.well done guys!!!!!

To the Chef who is always to the guests the steaks were excellent keep it up too.

My only concern was the staffing - the Management needs to visit that area,The staff were almost overwhelmed by the work load and i shared my opinion with one of the Entrance desk managers.

Fred K, Manager at Hemingways Nairobi, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Rodgers,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

Your concerns about the staffing were well noted and the necessary action will be taken.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was my first time to visit the hotel and i was amazed by the Quality of service offered .The service team was very attentive to details and there was no room for mistakes.we walked in without reservation and we were assured of a table in 20 minutes.we didn’t bother to wait since the restaurant was packed to the capacity.

In less than 15 minutes we were ushered to our table and our waiter took us through the menu after which we placed our order.The steaks were classic , tender and prepared as per our specifications.
Thank you Restaurant team for the memorable experience we will visit again very soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Had a chance to go to this place over the Easter and ohhhh it's such a wonderful place!! The view, the service and the overall location of this hotel makes it a remarkable place for a wonderful getaway!! Far away from the hustle and bustle of town this place offers a perfect place to unwind and to recollect your mine. With awesome views of the Ngong hills and sorrounding ranches with horses spotted around, it's just one word, breathtaking!! Not forgetting the delicious food that will make your mouth water. The service second to none. Overall, this place is exceptional!!

Room Tip: All the rooms offer wonderful view around and are cosy and comfortable!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

After several recommendations by my friends to visit the hotel for a meal , i visited the Hemingways Nairobi and allas the hotel as whole didn't let me down. The restaurant was packed and we were well handled by the young Manager in Glasses (sorry Can't remember the name) whom we could see going round the garden set Restaurant ensuring the guests satisfaction.

The service was finest first glass and we could even hear patrons seated next to us calling their friends to abandon their plans and join them for a meal. Our waiter was very calm and professional. The food was excellent.Kudos Hemingways for making our holiday break wonderful.

For anyone looking for a dinning experience, Hemingways is the place to be.

A Kind advice , please is highly highly advisable to place a reservation with the Restaurant team.

Fred K, Manager at Hemingways Nairobi, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Samuel,

Your review is greatly appreciated and we are beaming because we were able to make your Easter brilliant. It gives us extreme satisfaction that you enjoyed our service and food. We look forward to hosting you the next time. Welcome anytime!
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect. It's beautiful, in a gorgeous part of Nairobi and has fantastic views. The staff are unobtrusive but so helpful, personable and professional. You never feel that anything is too difficult, beyond their ability or their nature. If only for a night as a special treat or a week or two to use as a base to explore and recharge, you will LOVE it. We did and can certainly recommend the suites, epic luxurious rooms with beautiful bathrooms. The floral arrangements and butler service add and extra wow factor.

Stayed March 2014
Fred K, Manager at Hemingways Nairobi, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Roger,

We are grateful that you took time to write a review about our hotel. As the leading boutique hotel in Kenya, we endeavor to ensure that our guests receive the best personalized service and we are excited that you did. Welcome back anytime Roger. It would be our utmost pleasure to host you again!

Been to Hemingways Nairobi? Share your experiences!