I appreciate hotels that take the time to correct any bad impression by their customers and i believe Hemingways is one of them.
I have previously reviewed the Hemingways Restaurant but i finally got a chance to put up at the hotel.
The word that comes to mind is luxury....its all around in the small details. The leather crafted trays and in room accessories, the recessed lighting and motion lighting int he wardrobes, the beautiful and spacious shower stall, the butler service (including a butler for every guest)....luxury.
I agree with a previous reviewer the spiel about the room and all the in room amenities can be abit long winding, may i suggest a small booklet which would serve the same purpose?
I enjoyed the golf carts (an i drove one but i think that may be a secret).
I was at the hotel with a larger group of people and the check in and check out experience were second to none. No documentation to sign, staff members knowing my name on arrival, instant service at the reception.
Special appreciation to Justus Mwanza who continues to be a service delight in the restaurant.
The spa is set to open in the coming week and i am eager to try it out.
I had an in suite breakfast and it was great, everything was exactly to my specifications.
Hemingways did not skimp when creating this hotel, first class buildings, first class accessories, pillows that are to die for (seriously!! I made a point of checking where they were from), television sets recessed in large decorative trunks, enough toiletries in the room to keep anyone happy, lovely elegant in suite decor and of course....your very own Jeeves.
Hemingways is NOT cheap.......but you do pay for what you get.
Room for improvement? But of course:
1. Towelling robes are sized for the smaller people ..........robes need to be large and warm and snuggly and luxurious
2. The duvet (or the spare duvet provided) is very very VERY linty......the lint will get unto your clothes and hair to watch out.
3. The restaurants take away packaging still needs work, i took away a slice of cake for dessert and it was packed in a HUGE container that could have easily held another 7 slices.
4. A previous reviewer mentioned the breakfast menu and i am in agreement. Its a confusing breakfast menu and making selections from it is abit difficult.
5. I was in a room on the lower floors and with the curtains open i felt like anyone walking along the grounds would see in. This of course affected my balcony reading (the robe also played a role in this) and serenity...maybe management needs to think about natural privacy aides such as leafy trees near the rooms. I watched a guard walk around the grounds and felt that if i could see him so clearly.....Food for thought.
I had a relaxing and decadent time (they kindly ceded to our request for late checkouts)
I will be back....