“Poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Clarion Hotel

You added The Clarion Hotel to your Saves list
The Clarion Hotel
Moi Avenue | Opposite Jevanjee Gardens, Nairobi 5247-00506, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #75 of 122 Hotels in Nairobi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed in the Clarion for 5 evenings during my visit in Nairobi. Day after my arrive in the hotel I was in the bar with some friends and we order some juices and sausages. When I asked for my billet the waiter gave me a hands writing billet, while I was waiting for my change I saw the waiter taking money from my change. I explained to the other stuffs but no one came to me to apologize or return my money. So I understood that is not the first time it has happened and nobody is doing anything about it. As for the internet is another special case!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed in the Clarion for two evenings during my recent visit to Nairobi and found the hotel well appointed. I travel extensively in Africa and am delighted when I find a gem like this. The hotel comes complete with a gym, sauna, steam room, spa, business centre and restaurant.

They also offer an airport shuttle service and are located very central in Nairobi.

Room Tip: If you stay over a weekend you want to request a room on the top floor because of the night club in...
Cairo,Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

the clarion hotel is Ideal for business trips where you would be at the center of city near KICC most of international exhibitions held there , this hotel having a serious problem of WiFi network so you are almost will be offline , if you are suffering from noisy or couldn't sleep with noisy traffic simply don't be there .
average service , average service , no fridge or safe at rooms .

Room Tip: don't take the room on the main street , cause probably you won't sleep
Juba, South Sudan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The Clarion is OK. It appears as though some money has been spent modernising the facility but the details have been forgotten.
Like the cool spa bath in my room - but no shower... other rooms have showers I believe.
Breakfast was basic... but they have bacon if you ask for it.
I had a great massage from a woman called Karen - pity she answered her phone a couple of times during the session.
New(ish) curtains, but they didn't close properly

Good bed though...

Bungoma, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This Hotel is coming up better everyday. Super Reliable Wifi on all floors. I personally loved the newly Introduced Steam Bath and by the way, when there, have a look at the deluxe Rooms, they are just awesome. Great Improvement, great milestone.
I got a single room for 70$ which in comparison within the town, the deal is great. The addition of 3 level basement parking also served right as the Hotel is within Nairobi CBD.
Good Work Clarion!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed here based on the Clarion brand as we have stayed at other Clarion hotels in other countries and found them ok.
This was just shocking!
No WIFI which we made sure to ask before booking and again at checking.
We stayed at one of the top floors and there was no hot water at all the whole 2 days we were there.To make matters worse,the staff members kept saying that it was an issue with the whole hotel and the plumber was going to come in in an hour or 2.This turned out to be a wild goose chase.One of the ladies that cleans the place ended up telling us that the floor we were on was one of the ones without hot water and has been like that for over 3 months.She ended up organizing bucket hot water for us later and we were more than happy with her.We complained to the manager who claimed to know nothing of the sort and offered to have us transferred to another room if we would spend another night(never mind that reception had said the issue was with the whole hotel!)Needless to say,we left and would not ever recommend this place to anyone no matter how desperate you are.
Better off to pay a little cheaper and know exactly what you are getting into instead of the $95 we paid and get such crap service!

Room Tip: Higher rooms generally have no hot water. WIFI only at the restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have recently stayed at the Clarion Hotel in Nairobi for a week as I was on business nearby.
It wasn’t the most expensive hotel in the centre but nor was it the cheapest. I expected a half decent hotel for £90 a night.
This was so not the case. The rooms were of a poorly built standard considering this hotel is only a year old. The toilet was not secured properly to the floor and the taps were also loose.
There was a kettle in the room but no cups or tea making facilities (what’s the point)
I booked this hotel as it advertised WIFI as this was essential for my business in the city. There was no WIFI connection in the rooms; it was only in the restaurant. The signal and speed was the worst I have ever experienced, it took nearly 2 minutes to download a picture as the signal kept dropping out. There was an RJ45 terminal in the rooms you could use but if you have a modern laptop you will know they do not have RJ45 ports in them.
The food was not bad and at a reasonable price. However, there were many lights in the ceiling of the restaurant that didn’t work so you were almost eating meals in the dark at times.
I have never written about a hotel and not a person to complain about trivial things, but I feel that anyone who forks out £90 a night for a hotel you should at least expect to get what they are advertising. There is no excuse for bad service and fooling people into staying in a hotel that quite frankly is 2 star at best.
Do not stop in this hotel unless you get it for around £30 a night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!