“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 154 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dreamplace bed and breakfast was perfectly clean and ideally placed to our conference in UNEP.

How many places have the owner cooking up a delicious breakfast for you everyday?

Excellent value for money, though I would have liked a fan in the room.

Room Tip: If you are attending a conference the most expensive room is a total waste. Get yourself a room for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a two months consultancy work at the World Agroforestry Centre(ICRAF). My wife and I checked in at the Dreamplace temporarily while searching for a flat. It was so convenient and comfortable that we ended up staying here for the entire period. ICRAF booked it for us so we didn't know what to expect before arrival apart from the information on the website.
It is a very large mansion which has been converted into a Bed and Breakfast. So it feels really like a home. The rooms are very large and independent. There is also 4 separate communal areas inside the house which provides you the option to stay outside your room but still in privacy if you want. The garden is very large with a nice swimming pool to relax after work.
We were at the Longonot Room which is the only room on the top floor of the house. It was very large, with ensuite bath and shower, three big wardrobes, a huge and comfortable kingsize bed, a cozy corner with a desk, two armchairs and a round table. All the rooms also have flat screen TV with international channels and wireless internet with enough bandwith to make a video call back home. Some of the larger rooms have their own kitchenette. Our room didn't have it, but we could use the large kitchen downstairs, which is always very clean and tidy, with all the cookware you need.
The location is excellent. If you are in Nairobi for any UN agency or ICRAF you can walk to work safely. It is also walking distance to the Village Market shopping mall which is really like a market rather than a conventional boring mall.
The staff is very friendly and efficient. The General Manager, Joan, has previous experience working in worldwide hotel chains and you can feel this in her attention to detail and customer care.
During our stay, the UN Security Office came to inspect the Dreamplace and approved it for its personnel. It is surrounded by the Swedish and Brazilian Embassies as well as the HQ of one of the largest banks in Kenya. We never felt insecure in the area, even walking after dark.

We would recommend Dreamplace to anyone, be it our family, best friends, or work colleagues.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Looking for and booking a place at Nairobi from Lahore for a two weeks duration just over the internet, I was a bit nervous because I had heard many strange stories about how foreigners are cheated in Nairobi. Frankly speaking, I was initially a bit reluctant to settle for Dreamplace. However, Joan kept following up with me now and then, and I decided to settle for it considering its prime location for international organizations' visitors.

Meeting Joan at reception and then settling in my room was a complete amazing experience for me. The location, the quality, the amenities, and above all the warmth...all was exceptional.
I made a few new friendships while staying at Dream place...Thank you!!
If you are visiting Nairobi for a short duration, and looking for something cozy, calm, well managed, and still feels like home, don't consider anything but Dreamplace!

Room Tip: Just make sure your windows are closed at dawn and dusk- avoid mosquitos
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ended up staying here after an unpleasant event - the hotel that I had made reservation at, didn't process the reservation and, atu arrival, they were no more rooms available. The unpleasant event turned into an excellent experience - checking in and staying at the DreamPlace. The manager here, Joan, is an excellent host. She's up, waiting for her guests until late in the night, and, in the morning she's fresh and kind and helpful, like she never gets tired.
You come in the room at 1am, and need breakfast at 6am? No problem. She's there for you.
You need advice of where to buy souvenirs from? She'll make you a map, and you're there in no time.
The rooms are clean and cosy, and they have plasma TVs with international news channels.
The wireless internet is free.

You'll never regret staying there.

• Stayed November 2012
Juba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent three nights at dreamplace while on a business trip to Nairobi.It was super,its a nice,quiet,safe and secured place to just let go and relax.The spacious rooms,sitting room and the interior design so cool and inspiring.If you like walking or strolling,then i recommend dreamplace,cos you can easily walk down the roads to the UN,the american embassy and above all the village market! I had enjoyed my stay and i will defintely go back to dreamplace.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kigali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was looking for somewhere reasonable and close to the UN. What can I say about the Dreamplace? Aptly named for one. Joan is such an amenable host; she waited up until 1am to welcome me, had breakfast to facilitate early meetings, arranged all my transport (which is vital in Nairobi) and even helped me make my flight back home by transporting my passport to me which i forgot. Dreamplace is more than just cosy beds, warm showers and tasty breakfasts. Such value for money. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! This sounds like I'm showering them with praise but I had such a great, effortless trip because of Joan and the Dream place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Moshi, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had an overnight stay in Nairobi for business. The guest house is very well located for UN offices and is near the Village Market. The room was very comfortable, breakfast was good, and Joan, the manager, could not be more helpful. I will definitely be a regular visitor

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Dreamplace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!