“Very nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #4 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
“Very nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at The Boma. Nice room, great bed and good shower. The staff are very helpful. The restaurants serve very nice food. I used the gym and the pool and had a wonderful massage. And profits go to the Red Cross. A good deal all round.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The service was amazing, food great, comfort level wonderful and only a short drive to the airport using the hotel car for $20. They even provided a boxed breakfast when we had an early start to catch our flight. The only minor complaint would be that the showers were not great and we were looking forward to this after staying in very basic places before this.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a great stay there, staff friendly great breakfast, great rooms. lovely place i wish i would have stay there longer, i was in kenya for 3 months after two i move here best choice i made its a really quiet and wonderful place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

First, it is worthy of note that I travel specifically for business and Nairobi is always my transit point - in other words, I only spend max two nights in Nairobi before proceeding to my next destination.

Now with respect to the Boma, first they have excellent internet and I an never disconnected from the world when I am at this hotel and what is even more delightful is that it is free.

Next the rooms are exactly 5star standard. Extremely clean, beautiful and cosy. You will find that you can really rest when you enter that room.

Food: In general I am not a very adventurous eater so I eat only what I am familiar with. That said, everything thing I have eaten at the BOMA is spectacular. Kudo's to the chef!!!

Customer Service is spectacular; all of them. The receptionist work really fast to get you into your room. I must praise them especially for their extreme professionalism and high customer service skills. Once I arrived at the hotel and my online reservation had not reached them. They still immediately checked me in while they sought things out. I was incredibly impressed. Some other hotels would just keep you standing in the lobby even after you present them with your booking print out. All hotels where I had had this kind of treatment, I have vowed never to return to even if they were the last choice - in which case I will rather sleep under a bridge or on the floor at the airport,

The Boma guys really know how to treat their customers and I am most assuredly confident that you will love it. It is a full 5star hotel and the price is the best you can get anywhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My family and I spent 1 night at The Boma between flights. The location is great- half way between the international airport and the domestic airport. The hotel is very comfortable, bit rooms and nice bathrooms and staff were very helpful. Breakfast was also good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a vacation in Kenya.
We were afforded an upgrade to a deluxe room on arrival for free and found that room is just like s Jonior suite in size ! With sitting area for five persons and a big comfortable bed and a side armed chair, desk and full amenities of bathroom with shower and bathtub.
Cleanness is at the top score, may be because it's new, but from what I have learned in Kenya, they do great job in cleanness.
Staff are caring, helpful and decent.
The only problem with this hotel is the location, far from the center and to go there you will be stacked in a heavy traffic jam. But on way to Kenyatta airport it is smooth. Luckily we were on our way out! So it is a perfect choice for a relaxing, leisure stay.
Food is good, no so many choices but it is accepted.

Room Tip: Go deluxe, Negotiate the price if booking locally.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at Nairobi's Boma Hotel at the end of February. The hotel is medium-sized, modern and very well appointed. Lovely, large, quiet, comfortable rooms and nice bathrooms.
We stayed there for location, between the international airport, and the domestic airport (Wilson) Normally we use Fairview in the middle of town.
We ate and entertained our agent in the basement restaurant. Food was nicely presented and reasonably priced.
The only negative was a slightly disorganised concierge service as we had to wait for our taxi to the airport in the morning.
A good choice for those on safari using both airports. Saves going into the city.

Room Tip: Top floors give a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Boma Nairobi? Share your experiences!