“Boma Hotel Nairobi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

Save Saved
You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Perth, United Kingdom
“Boma Hotel Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night at Nairobi's Boma Hotel at the end of February. The hotel is medium-sized, modern and very well appointed. Lovely, large, quiet, comfortable rooms and nice bathrooms.
We stayed there for location, between the international airport, and the domestic airport (Wilson) Normally we use Fairview in the middle of town.
We ate and entertained our agent in the basement restaurant. Food was nicely presented and reasonably priced.
The only negative was a slightly disorganised concierge service as we had to wait for our taxi to the airport in the morning.
A good choice for those on safari using both airports. Saves going into the city.

Room Tip: Top floors give a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

One of the many hotels in Nairobi, but one with a more relaxed atmosphere and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.
I arrived late, but they already had my details as pre-booked. As I had been there before they also recognized me, even though it was a short visit.
I had to get up early to depart, before normal breakfast served in the buffet, but they arranged for the cooks to start earlier and I had the full range of food availble to me, excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

After a long and tiring journey to Nairobi from Brisbane, Australia, it was delightful to check into the Boma. Check in was friendly and efficient, the room was very spacious and comfortable, with a delightful and refreshing bathroom.
The dining room is amazing, with eye-popping lights and stained glass windows. The food was delicious too. All the staff at the hotel were friendly and welcoming. From the security people to the window-washers, waiters and housekeeping, there were cheerful smiles and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Room Tip: There is a building site at the rear of the hotel, so a room at the front would be preferable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Spent 3 days at The Boma and it was a great experience! Close to the airport and great room! Staff is very attentive and the room was very spacious. Food is also wonderful!!! The Boma is a great find!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

While in Nairobi for work, I stayed here for a night.
There is nothing I can complain about. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had modern fittings with all the amenities one could expect in a luxury hotel. A special shout out to the powerful shower.

The breakfast buffet was superb with a wide variety of continental and Indian fare. The day I left, I had to checkout very early (6.00 am) and when I mentioned this at the reception, they made sure that on that day, breakfast was kept ready for me, even at such an early hour. Very thoughtful indeed.

Oh! And did I mention that the profits generated by the hotel go to the Kenyan Red Cross.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at the Boma en route to JHB from Lagos. It is conveniently located close to the airport and the service there is excellent. Despite the late hour of my arrival the staff went the extra mile to make special arrangements for me including opening the business centre at midnight. The bonus of it all is that all the profits generated by the hotel go to charity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Grand Forks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the pleasure to spend my last two nights in Nairobi at the Boma Hotel. Travelling with my sister, we wanted a safe, comfortable hotel near to the airport. The Boma did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The cafe offered excellent drinks and cakes. The pool was clean and refreshing. I was suffering from a bad ankle injury, and not exploring beyond the confines of the hotel, so I can't comment on nearby amenities for shopping, etc.

The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom with separate shower and tub were a welcome treat. I had a soak both nights while there. We indulged in room service for almost all our meals, and everything we tried was absolutely delicious! The room was generous in size, and we both appreciated the spaciousness. We used hotel transportation to and from the airport, which was very convenient. Thanks to all the Boma staff for making our experience a great one. We found most hotels in Nairobi to be quite pricy, so on a relative scale, I feel the value for money was fair. And to support the Kenyan Red Cross in any capacity is always a good thing. If I find myself in Nairobi again, I would definitely stay at The Boma Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hello RebeccaC63,

Thank you for sharing your views on our hotel.

We are happy to have delivered on our motto; Eat well, work well, be well and sleep well. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Regards

Aggrey

Been to The Boma Nairobi? Share your experiences!