“3 great days!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

Save Saved
You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Dallas, Texas
“3 great days!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Spent 3 days at The Boma and it was a great experience! Close to the airport and great room! Staff is very attentive and the room was very spacious. Food is also wonderful!!! The Boma is a great find!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

While in Nairobi for work, I stayed here for a night.
There is nothing I can complain about. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had modern fittings with all the amenities one could expect in a luxury hotel. A special shout out to the powerful shower.

The breakfast buffet was superb with a wide variety of continental and Indian fare. The day I left, I had to checkout very early (6.00 am) and when I mentioned this at the reception, they made sure that on that day, breakfast was kept ready for me, even at such an early hour. Very thoughtful indeed.

Oh! And did I mention that the profits generated by the hotel go to the Kenyan Red Cross.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Stayed at the Boma en route to JHB from Lagos. It is conveniently located close to the airport and the service there is excellent. Despite the late hour of my arrival the staff went the extra mile to make special arrangements for me including opening the business centre at midnight. The bonus of it all is that all the profits generated by the hotel go to charity.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Grand Forks, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the pleasure to spend my last two nights in Nairobi at the Boma Hotel. Travelling with my sister, we wanted a safe, comfortable hotel near to the airport. The Boma did not disappoint. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The cafe offered excellent drinks and cakes. The pool was clean and refreshing. I was suffering from a bad ankle injury, and not exploring beyond the confines of the hotel, so I can't comment on nearby amenities for shopping, etc.

The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom with separate shower and tub were a welcome treat. I had a soak both nights while there. We indulged in room service for almost all our meals, and everything we tried was absolutely delicious! The room was generous in size, and we both appreciated the spaciousness. We used hotel transportation to and from the airport, which was very convenient. Thanks to all the Boma staff for making our experience a great one. We found most hotels in Nairobi to be quite pricy, so on a relative scale, I feel the value for money was fair. And to support the Kenyan Red Cross in any capacity is always a good thing. If I find myself in Nairobi again, I would definitely stay at The Boma Hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hello RebeccaC63,

Thank you for sharing your views on our hotel.

We are happy to have delivered on our motto; Eat well, work well, be well and sleep well. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Regards

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had booked at the Red Court (Boma Inn) - the lower-priced 'sister' property to the Boma right next door. I was fortunate to find myself 'upgraded' to the Boma. On check-in I was greeted by a service representative who served me with a hand towel and fresh cool juice (something you expect in Asian hotels but not in Nairobi). The customer service person pointed out all the features of the luxurious-feeling room and then called later that day to ask if everything was OK. There was also a hand-signed letter on the desk welcoming me to the hotel! Technologically, the room was impressive. Next to the glass desk was a console with every conceivable kind of connection (multi-outlet power, USB, VGA, Ethernet, RCA audio/video, HDMI). Alas I didn't have most of the right connecting cables so I could try them out but I presume it links to the impressive flat-screen television. The separate shower was VERY powerful and thanks to the frosted glass wall into the bedroom, the bathroom is very light-filled. The bed was not the most comfortable that I have slept on. The cafe in the rotunda serves delicious food and excellent coffee (my capuccino was expertly served) till late hours. The restaurant serves a nicely varied generous buffet breakfast and is filled with light. I did not get a chance to use the pool, but the gym was well-staffed, with modern equipment in good repair, and windows that look out the back of the property. The other restauarants/bar in the hotel serve a fairly narrow menu and one evening we had to wait quite a while for our food to arrive, but the service was friendly, and the food quality was excellent. I look forward to returning in a few months. I like that it is quite close to the airport so you don't need to brave all of Nairobi's legendary traffic, although you will still encounter some of it on Mombasa Road. Best of all, the hotel benefits an excellent cause - the Kenyan Red Cross.

Room Tip: I would advise asking for a room that does not open onto the Rotunda if you are a light sleeper. If...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Hi olivetreecanada,
Thank you for your feedback.

We will celebrate all the positives from your stay and diligently work on the alternate restaurant where you found our menu to be limited and service slow. We look forward to your return visit.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The hotel is located midway between the city and the airport. Maybe not the most convenient for everyone, but it suited me perfectly. If you have an early flight to catch, you are at the airport in 15 minutes.
Brilliant and spacious rooms with all amenities you can dream of. All is spotless and good looking. Special mention for the great quality of the mattresses and bedclothes.
Breakfast buffet is nice with a wide selection of items. Having breakfast in the patio is even nicer.
Check- in was a bit difficult as my reservation got lost, but all got sorted rather fast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello Antoine,
Thank you for the feedback.
The Boma Nairobi team is excited that we managed to take good care of you even after the hiccups at check in. The reception staffs feel challenged and they are looking forward to your next visit as they would like to set a positive tone for another great stay.
Regards,
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel during my first Nairobi visit. It was an official tour. Spent 5 nights there and felt comfortable.

Rooms are large with bath tub and shower both. Bathroom has all amenties. Check in, the guard desk, reception, restaurants all were good.
Breakfast starts at 6am exactly. Thats the main advantage. Main restaurant has limited choice and I think its true with all large hotels.
Used their healt club for sauna and massage. Excellent service. Swiming pool is not large but not that small also.
Again I will mention about rooms. They are really large. Airconditioning was good.

It takes 15-20mins from airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi DebasishMandal,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you found our facilities, especially the rooms to be of acceptable standard to you. We have noted the limited selection and our chef is not only reviewing the menu, but the team has also been empowered to allow flexibility to long stay guests like you by offering off the buffet meals. We hope to engage you more on your next visit.

Aggrey

Been to The Boma Nairobi? Share your experiences!