“Good Hotel Close to airport and not far away from national park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

Save Saved
You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Hamburg, Germany
“Good Hotel Close to airport and not far away from national park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel during my first Nairobi visit. It was an official tour. Spent 5 nights there and felt comfortable.

Rooms are large with bath tub and shower both. Bathroom has all amenties. Check in, the guard desk, reception, restaurants all were good.
Breakfast starts at 6am exactly. Thats the main advantage. Main restaurant has limited choice and I think its true with all large hotels.
Used their healt club for sauna and massage. Excellent service. Swiming pool is not large but not that small also.
Again I will mention about rooms. They are really large. Airconditioning was good.

It takes 15-20mins from airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi DebasishMandal,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you found our facilities, especially the rooms to be of acceptable standard to you. We have noted the limited selection and our chef is not only reviewing the menu, but the team has also been empowered to allow flexibility to long stay guests like you by offering off the buffet meals. We hope to engage you more on your next visit.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Very nice hotel.
Rooms are large and well organized.
Service is good and personel very friendly. I tried the buffet at the restaurant and I find the choice a bit limited.
I will go back there for my next visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi Ali,
Thank you for the feedback. Our chef feels challenged that you he did not lay out enough varieties for you. We can't wait for your next visit as the chef has promised to spoil with choices.

Aggrey.
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hadn't planned and extra night stay in Nairobi, but a 24 flight delay changed those plans. The Boma ended up being a saving surprise and turned what could have been a horrible situation (who wants a 24 hr delay to get home?) into an impromptu and relaxing get away. Everything about it was wonderful, from the staff, the rooms (loved the rooms!), amenities, pool... even got to use the spa and it was a delight. Food was good. Lots of variety so you're bound to find something you'll fancy. Very peaceful. Spent most of the day just chilling around the hotel... lobby coffee bar, pool, spa, my room... which had a wonderful fully opening sliding door onto a balcony looking out over the front. Doesn't seem all that close to things (except the airport), but I wasn't really wanting to go out anyway.... and did see cabs and such go in and out all day, so certain where ever you need to go, the staff will help you get there. And I expect the serenity of the place had everything to do with it being a little more tucked away instead of in the heart of the city. Can't speak to price or value b/c British Airways paid. Got the sense that it would be wonderful for business travel but possibly be too pricey for me to go on holiday (though expect its consistent with other hotels in the area esp at the same level of quality). We'd also just come out of working a week in the rift valley, staying in huts, with cold showers, so this really was a dream in comparison. I think I took a bath and two hot showers in 24 hours! Would really recommend it as a delightful place, even if you can only swing it for a night or two to get away..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi acflemming,
Thank you for your review.
We thank BA for giving you a chance to discover our hotel – The Boma Nairobi. We hope that next time; we will be on your Nairobi itinerary.
silicon valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The price is high for a basic hotel. It is close to airport 20-30 minute drive with no traffic. It is clean, bit Ihad some trouble with my booking. They mixed up the dates. And wanted to charge me again after I showed them I had prepaid. So I had to give them permission to charge again, but ended up they didn't place the second charge. The manager Gideon was a bit aggressive about it( he wouldn't let me leave to catch my plane, by actually blocking my departure.) So be careful.

Room Tip: Industrial area so no room is better than another.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hi travel4fun111,
Thank you for your feedback.
It is unfortunate that your stay with us was not as great as we would have liked.
From our records, you were booked and paid for by African Wildcats Adventures to stay on the night of 2nd February 2014. Although you did not show up, no communication was received to indicate that your arrival had been changed to 19th February 2014. We regret the inconvenience caused to you as the duty manager did not know the status of the pre-payment made for your earlier booking. Please let me know through our hotel email if your credit card was charged for me to process a refund.

Desenzano Del Garda, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I have tried many hotels in Nairobi. That's my favourite one businesswise. Position is strategical: not far from the airport, so near to the industrial area. Security looks good. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast choice is wide. There are two restaurants. Honestly i liked the one in the basement the most.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi MatteoZN,
Thank you for the review.
We are glad that you have found in Boma Nairobi a hotel you could call home. The Tembo team (basement restaurant) appreciates your preference and the alternate restaurant team is equally determined to add to your culinary choices while you are at Boma.
Colchester, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I've stayed in a vast number of hotels all across Africa and I'm very happy to say that this one exceeds anything I've stayed in before (in its class) and I would highly recommend it to business travellers as well as tourists coming to Kenya to explore its beauty. Its near the airport so you would have to travel into town but my business was in the area so it was perfect for me.
The room is large and very well designed - its been designed by someone who has actually used a hotel room not like most other impractical and dysfunctional rooms I've seen elsewhere. It has a shower and bath, a desk for working at with all types of connectivity options with fast free internet, king bed, plenty of extras in terms of shoe polish, sewing kits, shampoo etc.
What impresses me the most about this hotel is that attention has been paid to the small things and that they have got it right completely.
The staff are really well trained and they have obviously taken time in choosing who they employ - friendly, efficient and professional.
The hotel is owned by the Red Cross and all profits go back into the Kenyan people and not some fat cat's pocket - what a pleasant change!
Check it out, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi PeteF621,

Thank you for your review.

Our team is grateful that you appreciated their service and for recommending us. We will endeavor to maintain the standards and look forward to your feedback when we get the opportunity to host you once more.

Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was at the Boma Hotel in Nairobi for a few days and the place is exactly what the home page says: a haven from nairobi city and it's traffic madness. The rooms are spacious and sparkling clean. great fitness centre with spa, pool, sauna, gym and aerobics facilities. The food was amazing and the service professional. Definitely getting back there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
AggreyB, Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Guyoh C,

Thank you for the feedback.
We are happy you find in our facilities and services what you would want in a hotel. We look forward to hosting you once more at The Boma.

Aggrey

Been to The Boma Nairobi? Share your experiences!