“First impressions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

Save Saved
You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #3 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Randburg, South Africa
“First impressions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My first stay at the Boma! Very nice experience. The Hotel is well located, relatively close to the Airport, out of the chaotic city traffic. The rooms are spacious, workable fast internet on free WiFi. The personnel is super efficient, friendly and professional. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All is fine
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay in Nairobi, so my gf and I decided to get a couple nights rest somewhere else. We were at Boma the first night and regrettably Ole Sereni the second.

If I can compare the two, as they are both similar price range, fairly close (walk 10-15 min) and rated the same. The Boma is by far superior in services, amenities, cleanliness and the only reason I did not put 5 is that I found the pricing to be completely outrageous ($30 for a breakfast buffet... really...)

The room was big and beautiful, the bed was large and comfortable (not hard). They have large flat screen TV's, hook ups for your laptop (HDMI, Audio jacks etc). The bathroom was equipped with a double sink, large bathtub and separate large head shower with decent pressure. Although it was not always hot.

The pool was large though closes early.

We ate at the bar downstairs for dinner and breakfast. I must say it was absolutely delicious, may be one of the best burgers in Nairobi, their pizza was quite tasty also. This hotel deserves its rating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Rooms and facilities are excellent. The rooms are spacious and very nicely fitted out. Staff is super friendly, helpful, and welcoming. The food is perfect. 15 minutes to Airport. I will definitely be going back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here with the Travel Masters (Gold Coast, Australia) tour groupin September, 2013, prior to starting our wildlife safari. The hotel was within 20 minutes drive of the airport, a new hotel. Luggage delivery was a bit slow...the rooms are beautiful. Hotel has a downstairs, below the entrance level, light dining restaurant, as well as a larger restaurant on lobby level.
large swimming pool area.
Had a little trouble when it came to storing our luggage whilst we were on Safari, so the hotel needs to organise this better. We returned from Safari some 10 days later and the hotel didnt offer us anywhere to repack and sort our suitcases. Lovely hotel, would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed at The Boma Nairobi for 2 nights on our arrival in Kenya. We chose the hotel based on its close proximity to JKIA but found out later that it was only a few minutes closer to the airport at morning rush hour than our favourite Nairobi hotel, the Fairview. The Boma is an impressive property design wise both inside & outside. The rooms are large & comfortable with every amenity you could require included. The main tower of the hotel has a large atrium at its centre and 2 observation lifts travel up & down this atrium. On the floor of this atrium is a bar & coffee shop that serves excellent coffee. There are 2 restaurants in the hotel. The main one up a few steps from the reception level is large and airy, this is where you take breakfast. In the evenings this is a buffet restaurant but we found the choices rather limited & the quality of food so so. The other choice is an a-la-carte restaurant down at basement level. It is not so visually attractive but you have all the usual food choices here. We had a lunch & a dinner here and the food is good rather than being excellent. The service is excellent in both restaurants. We went out one evening to visit the David Sheldrick wildlife centre and we used the hotel's own transport for this as we did to the Airport for our flight to Kilimanjaro the next day. We found their transport very good & reliable, also reasonably priced. We had used a pre-paid taxi service to get to the hotel on arrival (from inside the arrivals hall) and whilst their vehicle was brand new & supremely comfortable they were very keen on making money out of us. I had asked them about a transfer to Sheldricks when we arrived at the hotel & were told that we would need to be picked up from the Boma at 1.30 pm to arrive at Sheldricks for 5pm the next day. Fortunately I knew that was rubbish as we have been before & it is not necessary to depart from this hotel until 4.15 - 4.30pm to arrive at Sheldricks around 5pm. It is unfortunate but some are out to take advantage of tourists if they can. The hotel has free Wi Fi and it worked well in the rooms, Internet can be very slow or non existent in East Africa but here it is very good. We used the hotels laundry service and it was also very good and not too dear. All up a good hotel & a new one but a bit pricey considering the competition in Nairobi.

Room Tip: Some high rooms have a Nairobi City view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Boma is a unique hotel in Nairobi.It has beautiful architecture both on the exterior and inside as well.The rooms are tastefully furnished and cater for all one's needs.The food is perhaps what takes the crown.Their chefs delight you in all aspects from starters to desserts from around the world.Extremely friendly staff who are willing to go out of their way to assist guests' needs.A true gem in Kenya

• Stayed September 2013
Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was looking for a place to spend a 9 hours layover that did not include the tents at JKIA. Boma fit the bill perfectly.

Upon arriving, I left my bag with the bellmen and arranged for a shuttle later that evening. I ate in the restaurant down stairs and loved the food. I had previously arranged (via email) spa services. I was offered a shower and steam before the treatments. The pre-shower was welcome given all of the dust from the bush. I then had three treatments with Milka and they were excellent. She was a charming, sweet woman who made me comfortable even though I was covered in bug bites and hadn't shaved in weeks. I used the ladies locker room to change clothes, refresh my makeup, and prep for the long trek back to the US. After another quick snack, I collected my bag from the bellman and took the shuttle ($15) to the airport without incident.

My experience at this facility was great. Good food, friendly people, great spa. Americans will feel comfortable here. I will return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Boma Nairobi? Share your experiences!