“Kenyan hospitality at its best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

Save Saved
You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Nairobi
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Kenyan hospitality at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

What a great place to stay in Nairobi. My five night experience was something to remember from all aspects. I cannot rate it any higher. All the staff were absolutely amazing, from the senior managers to the cleaners. One young waitress stands out, and that is Daisy. I will stay there again on my next trip to Nairobi.

Room Tip: My room 2220, was very convenient for easy access.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Terry,

Greetings from The Boma, Nairobi!!!

Thank you for choosing The Boma Nairobi as your hotel during your recent visit to Nairobi. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

I appreciate your positive comments on the colleagues, senior management and especially our waiting staff, Daisy who ensured that you were offered efficient service.

Your recommendation of the Boma Nairobi as your hotel of choice is indeed appreciated and I assure you of our continued promise to make your subsequent stays with us memorable.

Have a Merry Christmas and blessed new year!!!

Kind regards,

(office) +254 20 3904000 /604528 | (cell) +254 728 606 476/8/719 050 000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

this was my 3rd trip to Nairobi in last 1 year. Boma is new on Mobassa road (very convenient for airtel/ibm meetings and also close to airport).

room & bathroom are very modern with all amenities one can think of. Staff was very helpful, accommodating and attentive (specially Angelina).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel totoally exceed expectations.
Seemless hotel pickup.
Friendly and attentive staff in ALL parts of the hotel - could not do enough and at all stages of a very short stay staff wanted to ensure we were looked after.
Amazing and very spacious room.
We were only in Nairobi for a day prior to flying onto Mombasa. The hotel is very convenient for this as close ti the airport but not under the flight path.
We hired one of the hotel cars and a driver for the afternoon to take us to National Park -. Patick wanted to to make sure we got the most of the afternoon and also took us to other key sites - and was very friendly and helpful for a surprisingly small fee.
I have not rated breakfast as we missed it due to sleeping too well:)
The service did not stop after checkout...a few days after leaving, the hotel e-mailed to check that the stay was ok.
I would stay here again without hesittation. Many thanks The Boma for a wonderful stay - all aspects were perfect!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nairobi generally has expensive hotels. The Boma is certainly not the cheapest, but they do have a special on right now, and they are, I think, below the median price for top level Nairobi hotels. I stayed here for overnight transit as it is relatively close to the International airport. I have previously stayed at the Panari, but they are much more expensive and the service and quality if not exactly great.

Upon arrival at the Boma you are greeted with a hot towel and juice. The rooms are explained to you with care; the dinner was amazing. And the rooms are very nice; much nicer than what I was expecting.

I highly recommend the Boma.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Yogzbear,

Greetings from the Boma Nairobi, 'Hospitality with a Conscience'

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Boma for your recent visit to Nairobi and also for taking your valuable time to share your experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodation.

I am glad that our team gave you a warm welcome and oriented you well of all the room amenities. We are happy that our product and service surpassed your expectations and we look forward to hosting you on your future visits to Nairobi.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotels | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 /604528 | (cell) +254 719 050 000 Ê: (fax) +254 20 604 520
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The staff here at the Boma were amazingly friendly and accommodating. On arrival, we were greeted with hot towels and fresh passion juice! Then, throughout the trip the manager frequently checked in with me to see how I was enjoying the stay. I was also with a large group of about 15, and they handled our motley crew exceptionally. Really, the staff/management were just amazing. As for the rooms, they were very nice. Nothing jaw-dropping amazing, but spacious, modern, and comfortable. Room wise, it would compare with a Hyatt. The restaurant there is good. Again nothing amazing, but still tasty! Overall, its definitely a place you have to go to!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Alex,

Greetings from The Boma Nairobi.

I appreciate your comment on the colleagues, service upon your arrival, your entire groups' handling as well as our rooms facilities and quality of food.

(office) +254 20 3904000 (cell) +254 719 050 000
Newport Coast, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The management of this hotel were among the most accommodating and friendly I have seen anywhere. My wife and I are luxury hotel aficionados and loved The Boma. It was surprisingly luxurious and contemporary. Service! Food! Ambiance! Get it all !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Fred,

Greetings from The Boma Nairobi.

I appreciate your comment on the hotel Management as well as the Service, Food and ambiance.

(office) +254 20 3904000 (cell) +254 719 050 000
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Amazing attention to detail,food fantastic,service the best and how friendly can you get from the parking attendent to the chef.Great place. The president of Kenya opens this hotel min a few weeks(if he can get a booking)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Boma Nairobi? Share your experiences!