“Exceptional service; low cost” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma Nairobi

Save Saved
You added The Boma Nairobi to your Saves list
The Boma Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Red Cross Road, South C | off Popo Rd, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #4 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Vancouver, Canada
“Exceptional service; low cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nairobi generally has expensive hotels. The Boma is certainly not the cheapest, but they do have a special on right now, and they are, I think, below the median price for top level Nairobi hotels. I stayed here for overnight transit as it is relatively close to the International airport. I have previously stayed at the Panari, but they are much more expensive and the service and quality if not exactly great.

Upon arrival at the Boma you are greeted with a hot towel and juice. The rooms are explained to you with care; the dinner was amazing. And the rooms are very nice; much nicer than what I was expecting.

I highly recommend the Boma.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Yogzbear,

Greetings from the Boma Nairobi, 'Hospitality with a Conscience'

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Boma for your recent visit to Nairobi and also for taking your valuable time to share your experience. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodation.

I am glad that our team gave you a warm welcome and oriented you well of all the room amenities. We are happy that our product and service surpassed your expectations and we look forward to hosting you on your future visits to Nairobi.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotels | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 /604528 | (cell) +254 719 050 000 Ê: (fax) +254 20 604 520

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The staff here at the Boma were amazingly friendly and accommodating. On arrival, we were greeted with hot towels and fresh passion juice! Then, throughout the trip the manager frequently checked in with me to see how I was enjoying the stay. I was also with a large group of about 15, and they handled our motley crew exceptionally. Really, the staff/management were just amazing. As for the rooms, they were very nice. Nothing jaw-dropping amazing, but spacious, modern, and comfortable. Room wise, it would compare with a Hyatt. The restaurant there is good. Again nothing amazing, but still tasty! Overall, its definitely a place you have to go to!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Alex,

Greetings from The Boma Nairobi.

Thank you for choosing The Boma Nairobi as your hotel during your recent visit to Nairobi. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

I appreciate your comment on the colleagues, service upon your arrival, your entire groups' handling as well as our rooms facilities and quality of food.

Your recommendation of the Boma Nairobi as your hotel of choice is indeed appreciated and I assure you of our continued promise to make your subsequent stays with us memorable.

Newport Coast, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The management of this hotel were among the most accommodating and friendly I have seen anywhere. My wife and I are luxury hotel aficionados and loved The Boma. It was surprisingly luxurious and contemporary. Service! Food! Ambiance! Get it all !!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Fred,

Greetings from The Boma Nairobi.

I appreciate your comment on the hotel Management as well as the Service, Food and ambiance.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Amazing attention to detail,food fantastic,service the best and how friendly can you get from the parking attendent to the chef.Great place. The president of Kenya opens this hotel min a few weeks(if he can get a booking)

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel has everything you can think of for business purposes. You don't need to bring any converters, you can plug in anything to these outlets.
In terms of American service they have learned well. I've stayed in five star hotels that have worse service.
The place is immaculate with many luxuries, among them the pool. It overlooks one of the national parks. But not to worry, there were no lions in our view.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the lovely compliments you have shared. Its very encouraging for us to know that our product and service meets our guest's expectations.

We have tried to provide all amenities necessary for our business travelers not forgetting the comfort that goes with it. For our leisure guests, the hotel is located within 7 minutes drive to the Wilson airport thus providing an easy access to guests flying to the Kenyan national parks and reserves namely; Maasai Mara, Amboseli, Samburu and Tsavo.

Thank you once again for your compliments and we'll endeavor to make all our guests' stay at the Boma memorable.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotel | P.O. Box 26601-00100

(office) +254 20 3904000 /604528 | (cell) +254 719 050 000
Scherpenheuvel, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at The Boma during a short business trip to Nairobi. In general, I had a very good experience: nice, clean and spatious room, good services, nice (and quiet) swimming pool, very good breakfast buffet. I also enjoyed the restaurant near the entrance. The staff was very friendly, and that's maybe a negative point: staff was a little bit 'too' friendly, asking severall time a day if I was enjoying my stay etc. Also the charge for a late check-out was quite high. But in general, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ali K, Front Office Manager at The Boma Nairobi, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Boma, Nairobi, 'Hospitality with a Conscious'

First and foremost, i wish to thank you for choosing the Boma for your recent visit to Nairobi. We are happy that our product and services met your expectations and we will endeavor to ensure that we continue at the same pace.

We have also noted your comments on the friendliness of the staff and the day room charges which we are addressing fully.

Thank you once again for making the Boma your recommended hotel and looking forward to hosting you in your next visit to Nairobi.

Ali Kibwana | Rooms Division Manager | The Boma Hotel | P.O. Box 26601-00100

Liphook, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a new hotel, opened in October 2012'ish. The staff are all extremely friendly and helpful, they had good local knowledge and were always able to point me in the right direction. The rooms are excellent, the best rooms I have stopped in whilst here in Nairobi. Comfortable beds, plenty of room and and very well laid out with tea/cooffe making facilities, a fridge and free wifi throughout. The hotel suffered many power outages but they have backup generators which kick in very quickly and so do not unduly affect you.
It is fairly close to the airport, about 20 minutes and they offer collection to and from the airport (at a price $20 per person).
I stayed in this hotel for 10 nights and have been thoroughly impressed with its cleanliness and friendliness and will not hesitate to stay here again in the future and recommend it to others that plan to come to Nairobi. It is by far the best hotel in Nairobi that I have stayed in so far (have stayed in 4 others until now).
Well done and keep up the outstanding start that you have done so far.

Room Tip: Looked in a few of them whilst having a nose around and they all seem comparable so I wouldn't b...