“Surprisingly Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Java House is not the only choice at this terminal but it is the better option. It is busy and packed. The servers and bartenders do their best to keep up.... be patient. Java House has a decent very American menu, salads, hamburgers, Tex-Mex and steaks. The food is average... maybe a a little better considering this is Africa. On my first visit the restaurant was out of salads and vegetables so the only option was chips. The prices are incredibly reasonable considering this is an airport location.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars

Nairobi, Kenya
“Got duped by a sever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Generally the food quality here is consistent, the service however is generally terrible, you jus have to take hold of someone or sit yourself down and start shouting to attract attention.

It is unfortunate that this is the only place to order a meal after clearing customs.
Our most recent experience was terrible:
It was December 22nd 2013 and we had 20 mins to get to the gate. We went to sit at the bar an I asked the waiter what would be fast. He said the fish and chips would be the fastest. That isn't make sense to me but I went with his suggestion.

About 7 minutes later the fish and chips did come with my wife's Tuna salad sandwich. The fish was cold, but I was too much in a hurry to worry about it. On asking for the bill the waiter showed me bill then told me to add the amount of the fish and chips. I asked him for a proper bill so he showed me another bill with a fish and chips and a beer so that I could see the price. I still told
Him to combine the items.

I was at this point that I realised what happened. Another customer has come, ordered the fish and chips and they took too long to prepare it. The waiter would have had to pay for it, so he gave it to me, that's why it was cold when I got it.

This person should be fired as what happened with us was not acceptable

1 Thank Twaham0
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Service needs a bit of improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Walked in and was told to sit down and a waitress would come to me for a sit down menu. I eventually had to demand to be served and for a mere muffin and hot chocolate, it took forever. It was very sad to realise that just warming a muffin would take forever and eventually had to leave the place without eating!The waiters and waitresses need to up their game and improve on speed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“A Pleasent Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I used to visit a restaurant on the top floor above arrivals whilst killing time between flights but this was damaged in the fire and so if you're waiting outside departures you only have a choice of two places. A small pub and this Java House, both places fill up quickly as there isn't much seating and when we arrived in the rain at about 9pm there was only covered street seating available, but thankfully a family soon left and so we could move inside. The Java House is like a 'Kenyan' Costa Coffee with a much larger menu to choose from. (Pastries, breakfasts, sandwiches/wraps and a good selection of proper main meals) The waiters were very polite and hardworking. Our food and drinks were served in good time and were made with good quality ingredients. The only hiccup was when a young man started smoking in the street seating area but he was soon asked to leave by one of the waiters.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Andrew F
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Relaxing sit down in a busy airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Kenya's main airport and the busiest airport in East Africa, it is very hectic when you look at it but the staff are courteous and considerate and quick, food and drink are nothing special but what do you want? it's an airport. Basically its exactly what you need when you've got a 13 hour wait for a connecting flight

• Visited June 2013