“Best place to stay in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twiga Hill Lodge

Twiga Hill Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Twiga Hill Lodge
No 40, Chui Lane (off Koitobos Road), Hardy Estate, Langata | P.O Box 15233 - 00509, Nairobi 00509, Kenya   |
Ranked #14 of 92 Specialty lodging in Nairobi
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best place to stay in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The location is ideal (in Karen, right next to the Giraffe centre). The neighbourhood is serene and extremely picturesque, and the house itself is even better. No other place I've stayed in Nairobi (and I've stayed in many) feels more like home than Twiga Hill Lodge. The owners live on the compound, and are great company. Their staff (the cook Thomas, and Gideon) are extremely able and very friendly.
We stayed there for two nights last month, and had a lovely experience. Even though we were a big group of more than ten people, there wasn't a single glitch. The food was fantastic, the gardens are sprawling and exquisite, the whole atmosphere is so tranquil and homely. And the best part is that at least half the price of any decent hotel room in Nairobi. I'd go there every time I'm in Nairobi, and I'd highly recommend it to everybody. Best value for your money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
maryland, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our family group of 8 spent a scant 9 hours at Twiga Hill Lodge in early July, 2013. Although almost any horizontal surface would have been welcome after the grueling trip from the US, Twiga Hill was exceptionally appropriate for quick overnight restoration. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and attractive. Preferable in every respect to a large standard hotel.
The staff was exceptionally accommodating. One of our group arrived 12 hours earlier than the rest of us - he was welcomed and given one of the reserved rooms at no extra charge. When the rest of us arrived near 11P, we were greeted warmly and enthusiastically.
The next morning we enjoyed an excellent breakfast before leaving for our safari. If I were to go back to Nairobi for any reason I would choose Twiga Hill again - and I know all my family members would also.
I should add that our stay was far less expensive than the alternatives we considered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Twiga Hill Lodge is a recently opened boutique hotel in the Karen section of Nairobi. I have had the pleasure of staying here on two occasions for work, one stay nearly 2 weeks and another a week. First, it is important to know there is very little choice of decent hotels in Karen and Twiga Hill Lodge (THL) really is a good addition to the market. The owners of THL live on the property. They have hired outstanding staff led by managers Stella and John. Also, they have great support staff in Miloi, who has gone out of his way to make my stays pleasurable. Rounding out the staff is an amazing chief, Marco. Marco’s cooking is some of the best I have had in Kenya. THL is very fortunate to have him. This should also help with Westerners who may be afraid of eating in Africa. That is not a concern at THL. For the business traveler, THL has some of the fastest internet I have had in East Africa. Also, it is super quiet, save occasional birds singing and a few dogs barking. Lastly, the area where THL is located makes for great runs. The area is safe and as a female traveling alone, I had no worries about running in the area. This made for a very pleasurable way to spend an evening after work. I look forward to staying at THL on more business trips. And, I highly recommend THL to individuals or groups traveling through Nairobi.

Room Tip: They also have handicap accessible rooms.