“overnight pre-safari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Twiga Hill Lodge

Twiga Hill Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Twiga Hill Lodge
You added Twiga Hill Lodge to your Saves list
No 40, Chui Lane (off Koitobos Road), Hardy Estate, Langata | P.O Box 15233 - 00509, Nairobi 00509, Kenya   |
Ranked #20 of 124 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
maryland, usa
“overnight pre-safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our family group of 8 spent a scant 9 hours at Twiga Hill Lodge in early July, 2013. Although almost any horizontal surface would have been welcome after the grueling trip from the US, Twiga Hill was exceptionally appropriate for quick overnight restoration. It was quiet, clean, comfortable and attractive. Preferable in every respect to a large standard hotel.
The staff was exceptionally accommodating. One of our group arrived 12 hours earlier than the rest of us - he was welcomed and given one of the reserved rooms at no extra charge. When the rest of us arrived near 11P, we were greeted warmly and enthusiastically.
The next morning we enjoyed an excellent breakfast before leaving for our safari. If I were to go back to Nairobi for any reason I would choose Twiga Hill again - and I know all my family members would also.
I should add that our stay was far less expensive than the alternatives we considered.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Twiga Hill Lodge is a recently opened boutique hotel in the Karen section of Nairobi. I have had the pleasure of staying here on two occasions for work, one stay nearly 2 weeks and another a week. First, it is important to know there is very little choice of decent hotels in Karen and Twiga Hill Lodge (THL) really is a good addition to the market. The owners of THL live on the property. They have hired outstanding staff led by managers Stella and John. Also, they have great support staff in Miloi, who has gone out of his way to make my stays pleasurable. Rounding out the staff is an amazing chief, Marco. Marco’s cooking is some of the best I have had in Kenya. THL is very fortunate to have him. This should also help with Westerners who may be afraid of eating in Africa. That is not a concern at THL. For the business traveler, THL has some of the fastest internet I have had in East Africa. Also, it is super quiet, save occasional birds singing and a few dogs barking. Lastly, the area where THL is located makes for great runs. The area is safe and as a female traveling alone, I had no worries about running in the area. This made for a very pleasurable way to spend an evening after work. I look forward to staying at THL on more business trips. And, I highly recommend THL to individuals or groups traveling through Nairobi.

Room Tip: They also have handicap accessible rooms.