“Good :)” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Last year I visited this restaurant and did not think much of it. I revisited some days ago and I changed my mind. I do not really remember the details of my previous visit (just the impression) so I do not know if anything big was changed. All I can say is that the staff was great and polite and the girls looked lovely. The food was very tasty and it did not take long to have it on the table. In the meantime we got complementary bread and butter. Mango and beetroot juice was great, tandori chicken, lamb, pumpkin soup and corn&been were quite tasty - they even made a dough crust over the dishes instead of additional bread. Music was appropriate, the bend did the right thing with the choice of songs and the atmosphere was pleasant, it felt cosy being there. Maybe it was a bit too loud, but it could be that the place was not really full. The toilets were impeccably clean. The place is a bit pricey, but we will be going there definitely.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

60% Recommend
Kusatsu, Japan
“Must try the chef'e recommended salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I really had a great time at the Flame Tree Restaurant. The atmosphere is nice and staff are really friendly and attentive. I had a salad which said "recommended by the chef", which I forgot the name and it was fantastic! It had green apples and beets in addition to usual salad veggies and had an amazing maple syrup dressing. If you don't mind a sweet dressing, I think it is worth a try!

Visited September 2013
west midlands
“Good Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good food, good selection of meals.
Excellent service in pleasant surroundings
We had char grilled ducks breast probably the best cooked duck we have had and chocolate lava cake was delicious with 1 vodka and 2 cokes came to around 6000 kenyan shillings.
Complimentary Bread and butter seemed to be served as a starter whilst we waited for the main course at every meal we had here.
We ate at this restaurant 4/5 times during our stay in Nairobi, Red Snapper/Tuna Salads/Sandwiches/Burgers all very good.
Not exactly cheap but we thought meals were worthy of the price.

Visited August 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“great venue, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found this restaurant to be very warm and welcoming, with very friendly and attentive staff. The food is international with some welcome African touches. The steak I ate here was one of the best I've ever had. There is also a little bar and you can get snacks as well as main meals. There is often live music, some of it very good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Larnaka, Cyprus
“Now far too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have used this restaurant many times as a guest at Sarova Panafric hotel but it has gone downhill badly over recent times. The menu needed some additions to a menu that didnt change for years but they decided to change nearly everything and it has proved too much, as the standard has dropped.
The biggest disapointment is the new added service charge for food and also for beverages. It takes the final bill way beyond what it should be. It should be my choice if I pay a service charge(tip) NOT the restaurants. I was told that the tips before were divided amongst the staff but the service charge goes to the restaurant and not the staff. Shameful.
I will never dine here again

• Visited June 2013