“Now far too expensive” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Larnaka, Cyprus
“Now far too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have used this restaurant many times as a guest at Sarova Panafric hotel but it has gone downhill badly over recent times. The menu needed some additions to a menu that didnt change for years but they decided to change nearly everything and it has proved too much, as the standard has dropped.
The biggest disapointment is the new added service charge for food and also for beverages. It takes the final bill way beyond what it should be. It should be my choice if I pay a service charge(tip) NOT the restaurants. I was told that the tips before were divided amongst the staff but the service charge goes to the restaurant and not the staff. Shameful.
I will never dine here again

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
New Delhi
“Great food and good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The location of the restaurant is great in the centre of city surrounded by other hotels. The food was great specially the African. Lots of greenery and use of natural wood in the restaurant gives a feeling of having dinner at ancient European village..

Visited September 2012
Nairobi
“Wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I really liked the service i was offered by the waiters at the restaurant,i was with my dear wife and the service was really great,it was like we were in heaven because everything was taken care of, before we could ask for something, its the waiters who were already asking us in case we need such item in our minds.
Congrats!!!!! keep the spirit burning.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Terrible experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My friend & I happened to be in the vicinity of this restaurant and decided to have a drink plus dinner! Big mistake!! The waiter who served us first was unprofessional, when we asked for the beverage menu he said he could just tell us what is available & he only brought after we insisted. The food took forever! I had ordered for a steak sandwich and I have never seen such a bad presentation, the steak was rare, the bread hard & stale and after the promise to replace the second one was worse than the first I ended up not eating. My friend ordered for chicken tikka it was too too and they didn't bother to ask if it should be mildly or heavily spiced! Do not bother eating here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!

Bad food, too pricey an very slow service!

We had 4 different menu items and we all felt the same way; far too overpriced for what we got and none of it was really good either!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere