“Lots of fun!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Nairobi, Kenya
7 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The balloon ride with Riz Jiwa as our pilot was fantastic - everything from the pick up, to the drive to the balloon launch site, the balloon ride itself and the breakfast was managed extremely professionally and I would not hesitate to recommend wholeheartedly, Hot Air Safaris for a balloon ride in the Mara. Our comfort and safety were well taken care of and enabled us to enjoy the ride without any worries. Looking forward to lots more rides in the future!

Visited February 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Magical Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although being a little apprehensive at first about fying in a hot air balloon, it should definately be on your to-do list. The captian; probably noticing a little anxiety with some of us explained in great detail what to expect and we were soon raring to go. The whole experience was just amazing! - seeing the balloon being inflated with the sun rising in the background is just magical. The flight was so calm and it was definately an experience of a lifetime. We were fortunate enough to see quite a few animals and the captain was more than willing to share his indept knowledge about the flora and fauna which added to our appreciation of the mara. The breakfast afterwards was amazing. Everything from the pre-flight checks, the flight itself and the service we got from Hot Air Safaris was first glass. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012
Oslo, Norway
“A blissful morning experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Do you have a list of amazing, exceptional and exciting experiences you want to experience in your life? Well, add this one! There is simply nothing that can describe the feeling of floating with the wind above the savanna while the rising is slowly warming you up and changing the soft colours of dawn to a brand new vivid day in the wilderness.
Seeing Masai Mara from above is a totally different experience and with the guidance of our pilot I spotted many animals and birds from my spot in the basket. Our pilot, Riz, was very knowledgable about the area, the animals and nature. He also got everybody to laugh and smile with his engaging jokes and easy-going attitude.
After this thrilling balloon ride a glass of champagne tasted fantastic and I enjoyed breakfast with the other guests, sharing our safari experiences and filling our hungry stomachs with a well made breakfast. Im a nature-loving kind of a person, so to use quite a simple toilet (as some previous reviews are being very negative about) when being in a location like this, is something I dont mind at all.
All in all this excursion added something extra to my trip and I have many happy memories, photos and stories to tell. The staff of this balloon company were very friendly and helpful.
I had a great experience!

Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Epic Mara, Great Fun, Amazing Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Going ballooning in the Mara has to be one of the best "excursions" I have undertaken off late. 2 of us booked this fairly pricy trip with Hot Air Safaris not really knowing what to expect. We were properly "WOWED". Wildlife watching, a thrill in itself, is even more phenomenal when undertaken from above. Our pilots, Riz and Andy were great fun and very knowledgeable (with very good wildlife spotting skills) and patient. It was especially useful to have them differentiate between the different types of antelope. Upon landing, we were treated to a feast fit for a king (I especially loved the champagne & gin and tonics at 8am) with a full english breakfast in the bush. Absolutely unbeatable. Would recommend these guys and this trip - fun, great learning and photography tips included "on the house" from Riz and Andy (Riz tells terribly long jokes - often wildlife themed, which he thinks are funny but only caused the 14 of us to laugh at him rather than with him) as well) and just one of these experiences you never want to forget.

Visited August 2012
Essen, Germany
“Mindblowing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

It was my fourth flight with Hot Air Safaris, twice in Amboseli and now twice in the Mara with my wife. We've arrived before sunrise at the lift-off-spot. It's already a great experience to hear the Savannah waking up. But when the balloon lifts with the first rays of the early morning sun above this incredible landscape, that's absolutely mindblowing. What I've personally really enjoyed is the knowledge of the captains, especially Riz Jiwa to manoeuvre the balloon through the different layers of wind to interesting spots like herds of buffallos (more than 200) or crowds of elephants. Flying a few metres silenly above these impressive animals left us speechless. Furthermore we received a bunch of useful information about the behaviour of the animals. And I'll never forget the moment, when our balloon landed just next to a cheetah with her kitten.
To have breakfast (champaign included) in this vast landscape is another highlight that makes the whole trip an unforgettable experience. My special thanks go to Captain Jiwa and we're looking forward to our fifth time.

Visited March 2012

Been to Hot Air Safaris? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hot Air Safaris, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.