“Best place to be while in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southhood Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Southhood Guest House
Balozi Lane 54, Nairobi 254, Kenya   |
Ranked #19 of 151 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Germantown, Maryland
“Best place to be while in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

South Hood is in Nairobi Kenya, right next to a big Winners Chapel in Balozi, South B estate. It is the most quiet and affordable guest house where you relax and feel like at home after that long flight or drive. Strategically located along Mombasa road, it is just 15 minutes drive to JKIA/Wilson Airport. It has full time wireless internet access, lovely attendants, clean and quiet. I can't afford to miss a night at South Hood whenever I visit Nairobi.

Visit South Hood Guest house the next time you visit Nairobi Kenya.
Enjoy.
Koert

Room Tip: Request for the rooms with the balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wayne S, Owner at Southhood Guest House, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Hello Koert,

I wish to express my gratitude on behalf of the staff and management of Southhood Guest house.
First for choosing to stay with us, Thank you.
Second, Thank you very much for your kind comments, we appreciate.
We at the Southhood Guest House always endeavor to offer our guests the most memorable stay away from their homes. We are continually working to surpass our guest expectations.

Once again, Thank you and you are welcome to stay with us again during your next Visit.

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The staff of the Southhood Guest House were great - very accommodating and friendly! The place itself was clean, with good mosquito nets, a comfy bed, and full-running kitchen. Breakfast in the mornings was filling, as were other meals if you chose to pay for them (very reasonably priced). The house itself is well-maintained, and there is even an optional laundry service. Having free Wifi was amazing! The neighborhood is safe, with a convenient grocery store and restaurant right next door. It is easy to take a matatu (minibus) into town, but a bit more challenging to take a bus back from town to the guest house. Taxis to-from town cost 700 ksh ($8.4), which can be a bit costly if you don't want to take the bus. That is the only downside I can think of, is its distance from the downtown area. But honestly, the bus was very convenient to take in the mornings. The place has a living room with TV and plenty of outlets for your computer. The internet worked great! This place is used a lot by college-age volunteers from all over the world, which makes for good conversation with others. I would highly recommend this place for either a short stay or longer stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Wambui M, Manager at Southhood Guest House, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hi Graciela,
I wish to thank you very much for your review on our facility,
THANK YOU.
We are glad to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating, it is our pleasure to be at your service at all time.
Regarding our services on sight i.e WI-FI, laundry, thanks much for the compliments.
We are continually looking to improve on these services in order to offer impeccable service to our customers at all times.
We are very glad that you had a good time at the The Southhood Guest House.

We welcome you to stay with us again and again.

Thank you Graciela.
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I got to this place and was away from my home so that means a place that would make me feel the same would be perfect since I was on a work trip.

I spent more than a month at the Southhood Guest house and it was a great induction for me in a new country. I felt so much at home since there was always someone to find out how I was doing and offering all the help they can to make my stay perfectly homely.

There are things and places that act as defining moment for your life and being at this guest house defined my stay in a new country. I would recommend it any day for anyone who is looking for a place that would give them the homely comfort that is good to your pocket and still good to your feel.

I am planning on another trip there sooner than later just to enjoy the quiet, clean and excellent class service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hello and Thank you very much for your review.
We highly appreciate that.
We are pleased to note that you had a great time at the Southhood Villa- indeed Home away from Home- and that is precisely what the Southhood is supposed to be, Home away from home.
We are very happy to note that our hospitality has actually defined your stay in this country,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
We are indeed excited that you will be staying with us soon- you are most welcome.

Once again, Thank you and KARIBU SANA!

Been to Southhood Guest House? Share your experiences!