“Decent rooms, horrible food and no alcohol” 3 of 5 stars

PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Church Road, Westland's, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Ranked #31 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Decent rooms, horrible food and no alcohol”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am writing this review while staying at the hotel. On the plus side, the rooms are big (one bedroom apartments) and relatively clean.

BUT the food is horrible: it takes for ever to arrive, and some of it is not fresh (I had fried shrimp last night, and once cut, they smelled rotten). Also, except beer and cooking wine, there is no alcohol (and it cannot even be charged to the room).

Room Tip: Note that there is no lift in the hotel and not wheelchair accessible
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lantana2014, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking your time to review our services at Prideinn Lantana.As the Manager in charge,I would really like to apologize for this incidence during your stay.It is indeed very helpful to us since we take our time to look into our service standard and I would like to assure you that it was not anywhere close to our brand standards totally unacceptable.We are really sorry about it.

Our Food and Beverage team is indeed well informed about this incidence,we are together as a team going to look into what exactly transpired and I would like to promise that I have personally taken Action and this will not happen again.

We hope you can trust our sincerity, and we thank you again for sharing this feedback with us as it has prompted us to be more diligent than ever.

We hope this initial experience will not deter you from staying with us again.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Kind Regards,
Morris Kitheka,
General Manager,
Prideinn Lantana Suites,
East Church Road,
Nairobi.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I must say it was a very good stay for me and my family.The reception was very fast since we had come from Masaai Mara after the long bumpy ride.The food was excellent and on time.The room was Big and spacious for me and my family.The shower was good and hot water was instant in room 104.Oooh the swimming Pool was very clean with the warm water.The breakfast was good also I loved their Indian speciality "Dosa" it was very nice.Generally my experience was very good and I will definately recommend my friends and colleagues.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lantana2014, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

We thank you for taking your time to express your delight regarding our Prideinn Lantana Suites services.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and everything was okay.We await to host you once again on your trip to Nairobi.Thank a lot for your feed back.

Regards,
Morris Kitheka,
General Manager,
Prideinn Lantana Suites,
EastChurch Road,
Westlands,Nairobi.
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The last time I was booked here it was not as beautiful as it is right now.I must commend the management for the good work of the New health club with a heated pool which is just amazing.The service at the restaurant is equally good.The receptionist by the name Christine was very helpful when I requested for anything.The hotel is as usual very quite And peaceful which is what any business traveller needs after a long day of business meetings.Its just wonderful!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed in a two bed room suite over December Holiday with my family and i was really happy with the service. The food was excellent especially the buffet in the morning; there was wide variety to choose from. The menu is also extensive for dinner and they have complimentary room service which always worked best for me (Thanks Ruth).
Our suite was very spacious with a good view of the sunset and i always felt at home for the three weeks i was there.
I left just before the Gym and the swimming pool were open and these will just make it perfect for your stay.
My gratitude to the entire team especially the General Manager Morris, for making our Holiday a memorable one. Every time we were coming from the day tour and shopping from the city the staff always smiled at us and we felt like a family to them. We had planned to visit other hotels but we felt secure here and at home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower side for a better view. If you are staying over a month, as for the mo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Pride Inn because the organization I was consulting for booked it. I have never stayed in Nairobi and will never stay again. I was taken a back by the reviews before arriving and was hoping the construction was complete. Unfortunately it was not even after 5PM on a Saturday evening and before 8 AM on Sunday morning construction was on-going. I constantly had no power. It took over an hour to have appetizers made on my arrival and over 2.5 hours from drinks order come the team constantly saying they it would be 10 minutes. I had to walk back to reception to get my passport though reception had promised to bring it to me. After a few days I checked out. My organization was supposed to pay for my hotel but they didn't so I provided by credit card details. I was charged and received confirmation from my credit card company of the authorization only to hear from Pride Inn a week later they had not received my payment and requesting that I do a bank transfer. I told them it was strange and we tried the transaction again and it went through. Now I've been charged twice and despite the hotel promising to reimburse me still nothing. And I was even charged for the last night that I didn't stay. I do not recommend this place for any business traveller if you plan on being productive for your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

it really amazing to see a new look of buffet variety and set up,Ive always been a royal client at the apartment but this time round my family were so amazed about the whole service from the staff team and more from manager Winston whole really assisted us without complaining despite busy morning b/fst

Thank you to pride inn lantana and ill always come back and refer your services to all who need superb service offered by Winston and his team

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Eldoret
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had been booked by our company.The check in process was very fast after a long journey of driving.The rooms were very nice and spacious with a very big screen.The dinner was super the waiter who served us Mr.Joshua was very helpful to us and served us with a smile.The laundry services were excellent.It was a surprise to get free ironing services for my creased shirt from my suitcase.Though the swimming pool and the state of the art health club was on the polishing stage for use by guest like us,we hope it's going to be ready by December as promised by the Manager.it was generally an Excellent stay.Keep it up!!I will recommend anyone to use your facility.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites? Share your experiences!