“Construction, Check Out Early, Charged Twice for my stay” 1 of 5 stars

PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Church Road, Westland's, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Nairobi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Construction, Check Out Early, Charged Twice for my stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed at Pride Inn because the organization I was consulting for booked it. I have never stayed in Nairobi and will never stay again. I was taken a back by the reviews before arriving and was hoping the construction was complete. Unfortunately it was not even after 5PM on a Saturday evening and before 8 AM on Sunday morning construction was on-going. I constantly had no power. It took over an hour to have appetizers made on my arrival and over 2.5 hours from drinks order come the team constantly saying they it would be 10 minutes. I had to walk back to reception to get my passport though reception had promised to bring it to me. After a few days I checked out. My organization was supposed to pay for my hotel but they didn't so I provided by credit card details. I was charged and received confirmation from my credit card company of the authorization only to hear from Pride Inn a week later they had not received my payment and requesting that I do a bank transfer. I told them it was strange and we tried the transaction again and it went through. Now I've been charged twice and despite the hotel promising to reimburse me still nothing. And I was even charged for the last night that I didn't stay. I do not recommend this place for any business traveller if you plan on being productive for your stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

it really amazing to see a new look of buffet variety and set up,Ive always been a royal client at the apartment but this time round my family were so amazed about the whole service from the staff team and more from manager Winston whole really assisted us without complaining despite busy morning b/fst

Thank you to pride inn lantana and ill always come back and refer your services to all who need superb service offered by Winston and his team

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Eldoret
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had been booked by our company.The check in process was very fast after a long journey of driving.The rooms were very nice and spacious with a very big screen.The dinner was super the waiter who served us Mr.Joshua was very helpful to us and served us with a smile.The laundry services were excellent.It was a surprise to get free ironing services for my creased shirt from my suitcase.Though the swimming pool and the state of the art health club was on the polishing stage for use by guest like us,we hope it's going to be ready by December as promised by the Manager.it was generally an Excellent stay.Keep it up!!I will recommend anyone to use your facility.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

i can say all that i want to say for PrideInn Lantana Suites, but words cannot describe how excellent this property is for a business traveller. Its like see it to believe it. They have excellent staff and espesially the general manager Morris who was very accomodating. you would always see him around asking all guests if there was anything that he could do to make the stay better and once or twice i asked him for a couple of things, they were done immediately. the staffs are very motivated and always smiling. the wifi and breakfast are superb. the only disadvantage whilst on my stay there was that they were finishing their construction so it did become noisy sometimes but by the time i was checking out they were complete. i will be going back kenya in january again and i look forward to staying there

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions and were very happy with the hotel, very friendly staff and nice big spacious rooms with full amenities, be careful of the hot water it is "HOT".
A swimming pool is being built at the moment so workers start early in the morning, looks like it will be a lovely space when its finished.
I would have no hesitation to return the next time I'm in Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The rooms are nice - big and spacious; plenty of hot water and clean sheets and towels. Restaurant has nice (but expensive) food. Staff were great. Television exists - all the football and cricket you could want (but not a bit of newws). It provides a real challenge to taxi drivers to find - could do with some better positioned signs (but that's only a little thing to complain about). Unfortunately the whole place outside is a bit of a building site, and what open spaces do exist, they are completely cemented in - a pity considering all the neighbouring plots appear to be lush and green.

Room Tip: The higher up and further away from reception you go, the less noisy it gets!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Prideinn Lantana is an excellent suite hotel with all the facilities and ammonites that a business person would need. The staff are very friendly and service is incredible.
They are building a heated pool and also gym facilities which will make stay even more comfortable.
The good served in the restaurant is excellent

• Stayed September 2013

Been to PrideInn Hotel Lantana Suites? Share your experiences!