“One night stay, not enough!” 5 of 5 stars

Eka Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Road, Nairobi 27695 - 00506, Kenya   |
Ranked #24 of 131 Hotels in Nairobi
Bundaberg, Australia
“One night stay, not enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

A lovely new hotel, excellent and I don't say things lightly. Service from our arrival, the security was thorough, the front desk reception check-in was smooth and painless, having arrived in after 18hours of flying! Lovely rooms well decorated. Pillow menus. Power points were well appointed, with free WIFI! Very organised. Gorgeous Overhead shower which took out all the kinks from travelling! Polite and friendly staff. Sumptuous Kenyan Breakfasts. Well done EKA hotel. I look forward to returning again with my groups.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Bhavs62,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate the compliments to the Eka Hotel team. We shall pass this on to them to confirm that their tireless efforts are not in vain.

Please stay again with us when you return to Nairobi.

Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Our stay was courtesy of British Airways, whose outward flight from Nairobi had been delayed, so I cannot comment on the costs. We were, however, impressed with how well the staff responded to the sudden influx of tired travellers from the airport some 15-20 minutes away. They were efficient and very pleasant. The hotel is fairly new and situated on the main road to the airport, though sound screening is pretty good. Rooms are small, but well equipped with a notably good shower (though, curiously, no conditioner) and air conditioning. The whole hotel is very clean, There is complimentary wifi throughout the hotel. The central reception/lounge/dining/bar area is compact, but attractively furnished. There is also a very nice swimming pool and terrace/garden area at the back of the hotel, just the place to relax. The breakfast buffet was good. For dinner, we chose the Spur outlet on site rather than the main dining area. Spur serves good fast food (steaks, burgers, fish and chips etc), again with excellent staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jasperco,

We want to thank you for your nice and positive review.

Thank you for your feedback as it keeps us more focused to consistently improve our services.

We appreciate taking your time and look forward to welcome you soon.

Very best regards
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Chose this hotel on a business trip to Nairobi. A very nice and quite hotel.Its pretty new. The staff are very helpful .
its about 10-15 minutes from the airport ..well situated ...its just outside the city and close to business district
its also very close to the Nairobi National Park , which can be reached in about 30 minutes from he hotel
another good deal with the hotel is The Spur Restaurant at EKA Hotel. This is a very good restaurant for meat lovers with a good mix of stakes and burgers . All enjoyed with a good bottle of Tusker
Breakfast buffet is a decent spread ...nothing to rave about ...but you can always survive on good toast and made to order omlett

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amit S,

We are delighted you have posted online your review about your great experience at our property.

You are more than welcome to stay with us again in your next business or leisure trip. We assure you of the same quality service at all times.

Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

In June 2014 I travelled for the first time to Nairobi and stayed at the Ole Sereni. On my 2nd trip to Nairobi in August 2014 I opted to stay at the EKA Hotel in Nairobi. The EKA Hotel and the Ole Sereni are situated close to one another. The hotel is situated halfway between the airport and Nairobi City Centre. Traffic is crazy in Nairobi so the EKA Hotel is well located. There is a spur restaurant on site at the hotel. The EKA Hotel is a fairly new hotel so the furnishing and rooms are modern which I like. Had a good shower and toilet and shower are separate from each other. The staff in general are very friendly. There is complimentary wifi throughout the hotel which is a great plus. When I checked I got a small room that window faced the conference room so absolutely no privacy. I complained was told that there were no other rooms but after about an hour the Manager assisted me and I got a lovely spacious pool facing room. The negatives are: no conditioner on offer, only shampoo and body wash. No disposable razors. My last night at the hotel I had no sleep due to mosquitoes even though I had mosquito spray on and throughout my duration of my stay never opened my bedroom window. I think when they clean your room they leave door open and mosquitoes entered. The EKA Hotel is more pricey than the Ole Sereni. The EKA Hotel's breakfast was basic and not worth the price I paid as my room rate did not include breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Fuzlin,

Thank you for taking time to give feedback about your recent stay at Eka Hotel. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve service offering to all our guests.

We have noted and your comments and shared with our Executive Housekeeper for action to ensure your next stay, and that of all other guests is memorable.

Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Colombo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Conveniently located about 15 min drive to/from the airport . A modern hotel with good facilities and clean rooms . The dinner and breakfast was a bit disapointing and lacks choice .
Sleep quality is very good with speedy wi fi services .
Overall I thought it was a bit pricey.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nigel R,

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your recent stay at Eka Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My sons and I stayed here three times as a part of a 13-day Go-Ahead / Vintage Africa tour package.

Very modern hotel. Excellent security. Convenient to the airport. Great rooms. Friendly staff. Good food. Outstanding WiFi.

Unfortunately, the beds are very hard and the environment very noisy. Heavy fire-resistant doors slam shut with a thud that can be heard from one end of the hall to the other at all hours of the night. Chairs screeching on the faux hardwood floors also a major deterrent to sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an inside room or street noises will exacerbate the noise problem.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

I have shared your feedback with our team to look into the concerns and put corrective measures to ensure your next stay is great and memorable.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Kind regards.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Stayed here one night before heading out on safari. Very fancy hotel located on the side of the highway and beside a concerted construction site. It was a pretty standard hotel with a restaurant, bar and pool, but too far to just go for a walk or to go shopping. Taxis are expensive to just tour around and if if you just want to walk, or browse or buy a snack etc, there is no where to go. The room was very modern and clean and the hot water plentiful. I requested a wake up call for the morning which I didn't get, and woke up with 5 minutes to get ready to leave for my flight. When I called the front desk to prepare me something to take with me (breakfast is included in room price), I was told I was welcome to come down and do it myself! What started as attentive service when I arrived quickly dissolved as I scrambled to make my flight. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

Our sincere apologies on the inconveniences caused during your stay. Eka Hotel surely does not stand for it and we will make every possible effort to fix it.

Please do consider our services in future as I assure you of superior service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards.