“Business Near JKIA” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Colchester, South Africa
“Business Near JKIA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you have business in Nairobi and need a quick and easy hotel near the airport, then this one is for you. The main advantage here is that you avoid the majority of the notorious traffic usually encountered in Nairobi but the downside is that the surrounding area has nothing to offer in terms of attractions or amenities such as shops or tourist attractions.
The hotel is new, clean and convenient. Staff are friendly and the service was good - including the restaurant and bar. I used the onsite Spur for room-service take away's on a number of occasions and the food was consistent and just what was expected.
All the rooms only have showers and mine had a king sized bed with the standard flat screen, coffee and tea, mini bar and work desk. The WiFi was free and reasonably fast, during my week long stay it was only down for a few hours in total.
Quick uncomplicated stay over - this is your place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Pete,

Thank you for your feedback as it helps us monitor and improve our services. It is nice to know that you had a great time at Eka Hotel.

We look forward to being of service to you in your next trip.

Warm regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I chose the Eka hotel because of its proximity to the airport and its high level of security. I was in Nairobi for one night following a safari so did not have an issue that it was far from the city as I did not have time to explore. The room was comfortable although the WIFi was not great in the room so I had to come to reception to get a good connection. I used hotel transport to the airport the next day and even though we were close to the airport there was a major traffic jam and it still took some time. The driver did his best to get around the traffic where possible. While not cheap at over US$200 I was happy I chose the hotel for one night and would recommend if staying in Nairobi for a short spell.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sonya,

Many thanks for your comments and nice to know you had an enjoyable stay at Eka hotel.

We look forward to another opportunity of service to you.

With warm regards
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Nice & modern. Well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. The reservation and check-in were handled by the safari guide that picked me up, so can't comment on either.
The room was clean and spacious. The hotel is located on a fairly busy highway. There isn't anything to do nearby / within walking distance without a car ( or so I felt :-)
I ate dinner at one of the restaurants in the facility. Pretty good. Looked like they had some kind of a dinner buffet available as well at the main restaurant. Think they also have a bar on site.
Breakfast was good. Lots of variety / made to order omelettes etc.
Overall it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear NC G,

Greetings from Eka hotel.

We appreciate your feedback as this helps us monitor and improve our services.

Thank you for staying with us and look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Nairobi.

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is by far the closest I have stayed to JKIA. The hotel is so close to the airport, I did not have to wake up at insane hours to head to the airport like I have to when I am in West-lands and other parts of Nairobi. The welcome was good, and the staff friendly (too friendly till I forgot my passport at reception).
The location on the other hand is not so conducive for those who love the city as it is far from town. This means it comes with limited shopping and restaurants. I heard there is a shopping mall nearby, but I never got to visit. The restaurant (SPUR) staff were also good and I enjoyed my meal there. As I was spending one night there, I did not have any issues.... and it was a comfortable transit place... I would however have challenges staying there for two or three nights as I would be far away from town.
I love the set up in the rooms, I found it unique especially the toilets and the shower, though the door kept on banging each time I came out, was afraid would break the glass. Good place to stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the corridor door if you are a light sleeper like myself. I swear, I had eve...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Habitat Africa,

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us monitor and improve our services. It is nice to know that you had a great time while staying at Eka Hotel.

We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel as it was close to the airport and we were arriving at 1:00am before departing at 7am for a Safari.
The hotel sent us a Shuttle driver who met us at the airport and drove us to the hotel, drive was only 10 minutes. We arrived at the hotel is seemed very safe, 2 security guards and it was gated.
Check in was easy, there was free Wi-Fi. The rooms were clean and spacious. We checked out the bar for a drink as we were to wired to sleep right away after flying for 33 hours from Canada, nice selection of wine and scotch.
The next morning our guide had arrived early, so we didn't have time to have breakfast, but the restaurant staff were great. We asked if we could grab some from the buffet to go and they packed us each a box to go of fruit, yogurt, juice and pastry.
Excellent Hotel, Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Mmarche,

Thank you for choosing Eka hotel and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you and your family the next time you are in Nairobi.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Located on the mail road from the JKIA. It is good for business travellers and family after a long flight. New and clean. It is good for the disabled who are on wheelchair since it is compliant.
New and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Victoria Safaris,

We look forward to being of service to you in your next trip.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Wonderful hotel and a haven when we arrived after a flight from the UK arriving at 4am. The rooms are well designed and pristine, the staff friendly and efficient, and this is generally a great place to transition into Kenyan life as it feels very familiar and comfortable.
The bar and restaurant staff are great, happy to chat and make recommendations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kath,

Greetings from Eka hotel.

We appreciate your feedback as this helps us monitor and improve our services.

Warm regards.

Been to Eka Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!