“One of the Best in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Eka Hotel Nairobi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mombasa Road, Nairobi 27695 - 00506, Kenya   |
Ranked #21 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Lilongwe
“One of the Best in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed @ Eka Hotel for 7 days and my stay was very wonderful!! The hotel is fairly new hence most of the emenities are still in good condition! The rooms are clean as well as the restaurant and the balcony....clean bathroom and toilet. It is really worth spending the cash at this hotel. It is just about 10-15mins drive to the airport (that is on normal traffic) and also close to Nairobi CBD.
The only problem I faced was with the waiter/waitresses in the restaurant..they are too slow to serve the customer..you can eat your food without all the accessories on the table...you have to go round fetching for folk etc....they even take ages to take your order
If you are in Nairobi next time and have the money...you might wanna give it a shot, it is worth it!"

• Stayed May 2013
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Mr Lilongwe ,
Many thanks for your feed back which we sincerely appreciate. It will always be our pleasure hosting you and friends at Eka hotel Hotel.
Kindly note your experience at the restaurant has been managed and assure you over your next stay would be happy to receive your review in respect.

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Eka hotel is quite closer to international airport, an excellent one for those who are on business trip. My Host booked me initially, which i opted even my 2nd visited. A nice pool & workout place to get relax on evening after a busy day. More options for dine in with variety of cuisine into menu & even they prepares a dish of your wish at times. Front office manager is very co-operative & prefessional. You also can have a nice business meeting.
To sum up it is value for money & safety at a place like Nairobi. Also nice for safari trips with professional groups.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EkaHotel, Manager at Eka Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Harikishore,
We would like to thank you for making Eka Hotel your preferred home away from home. We look forward to hosting you soon and as we appreciate your compliments on our service and product will always have you in our preferred guest list.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

THis is a very expensive hotel. Its an unexciting hotel that gives the impression of being a concrete block with beds to match, despite the expense. It is disorganised and the other guests were noisy. At half the price it would still be expensive. Its only advantage is that it is close to the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ibook by my self I spoken to Elizabeth reservertion and she's given me good deal hotel is very nice not far from jomokenyatta hotel is about 10 minutes by taxi most hotel in nairobi are very expensives even restaurant food are very expensives also this hotel security are very high is very good staff are very friendly only one staff when I check in she was extreme rude her name she's Caroline I thing she's need customer care training overal all members staff are friendly at reception and also friendly at restaurant there are very nice and polite antoinnete she was very good waiter at the evening and njeri she was little bit better I will recommend this hotel for stop over is ok this hotel is most business people came to stay also company pay for business person this hotel is a bit expensives overal is lovely.

Room Tip: Quite room if is available
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from 13th April to 16th April, as my company felt this is a new hotel in Nairobi, while all the while I had been staying at Paneeri Hotel for my official visits.
I found today such a bad experience the second time. I checked in yesterday and when asked for a room service menu card which was missing, it took 1 hour to being me a menu card. First I had to dial 3 different extension numbers as instructed by the hotel staffs, and everyone asked me to dial each and every extension number that was possible and then one man from Spur Restaurant comes which was not my need. That was ridiculous as everyone you speak does not want to take the responsibility to hear instead asked to speak to another extension..... to your notice even the reception desk does not take this responsibility... such careless and irresponsible staffs around.

Today, when I was trying to place my order for dinner called the room service the same extension number dialed yesterday, to my shock the staff without asking or waiting to hear me asked me to dial some other number and so I did and when placing my order I got to hear that what I am calling for as the food that I am requiring is not there..... I had to ask this question whether I am calling the correct extension to place the order, at this I was told to dial the same extension number to place a room service order which I did 2 minutes ago and also yesterday when I placed my room service order. I once again dial the same number and get to know that I should dial the other number. I got so furious on this and gave them a piece of my mind and finally I did not have my food.

I tried calling the reception who once again suggests me to dial the room service number and was sorry for what happened, I ask for the manager who was not available and then finally he calls to say that I had some challenges with his hotel staff rather than he trying to find out what went wrong.

I have decided never to stay here again and will inform my office to dis-engage our contract with them and not to have any future booking.

This is for all viewers, if you intent to stay at EKA Hotel, pls stay at your risk or be ready to give 1/2 hr extra before you order your food in your room, because you need to take a roller coaster ride in calling many more extension.

The laundry service is very bad, when did not receive my laundry in time asked why gave a false statement that my room had a DND signboard, being a Sunday it is a holiday I was whole day in the hotel room and my DND tag was lying inside. Such stories these people make.
By the way, this hotel room do not have a telephone directory, 4 numbers are stuck on the telephone unit indicating reception, operator, laundry, housekeeping, bar and business centre.... no number for room service and for your information if you are lucky enough you would get someone that you could speak otherwise you require to wait or dial again and again.

Please try and avoid this hotel, do not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: No Tips .... try if you can avoid staying in this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night while transiting to another African country so was looking for a hotel that was close to airport but also of a high standard. Very impressed with the Eka Hotel, friendly and helpful staff, great dining options and the rooms have everything you need including free wifi and a good selection if English cable tv channels. Would absolutely stay here again and would recommend it for travellers who want the comforts and standards of a good quality western hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Lahore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed this time in Eka Hotel in Nairobi is good to stay out of town near airport - away from traffic jam, I found this an average hotel. reasonably good for short stay, It is a new compact hotel. can be second good option on the Mombasa road. Breakfast variety is good

Room Tip: rooms in the mod of Corridor are more quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Eka Hotel Nairobi? Share your experiences!