“Dirish from Mauritius” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Quatre Bornes, Mauritius
“Dirish from Mauritius”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

very good apartment and personnel very friendly. good food. food service attentive to what i want to eat as i am vegetarian. must replace windows with aluminium ones so as to prevent too much noise from outside-the streets.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael K, General Manager at Reata Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Dirish

Thank you for taking time to write your review dated 11th May 2014.

We have taken note of your concerns and will definitely address them.

Thank you for your continued patronage, we are always delighted to host you.

We definitely look forward to your return visit.

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We opted to stay here instead of the usual hotels and we are beyond pleased with our choice. Elizabeth the hostess and the rest of the team were incredibly helpful. The breakfast is amazing. The apartment was of such high standard. Very clean, modern and just fantastic. I would come back again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Blessing G

Your review is highly apreciated. It was a pleasure hosting you and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed every moment of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Michael K.
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spotted Reata Apartments a week before our visit to Nairobi, and I must say I haven't received as good of a ratio between money & value in a long time.
I felt relaxed and the service was great. It was like staying in a second home!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael K, General Manager at Reata Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Jussi

Thank you for sharing your views on our apartment. We are happy to have met your expectations.
It was a great pleasure hosting you and look forward to welcoming you again.

King Regards
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

So it took me a while to sit down and write this, but I had to say a few things about my third stay at my favorite place in Nairobi!

The high standards of maintenance continue to impress. Some repairs were being made to the stairs when I was there in August 2013. All areas were impeccably clean. Fresh flowers at the reception, professionally arranged daily by Philicia, added a special touch to the beautiful decor. The loo at the restaurant, which I had not been to before, was well-decorated and spotless.

The staff were all very professional, but Elizabeth and Josphat still stand out!

Taxi service is very good, but I must give props to Isaac who is a careful driver, entertaining, well-informed and a delight to be around, not to mention, a sharp dresser!

The mattresses were still an issue. Mine was changed, but I still felt like the princess and the pea! The linens, even though clean, are beginning to pill, and make for scratchy nights.

The restaurant was adequate, if not a little restrictive for a vegetarian. I didn't use the "butter" because I figured after the first try that it was that plastic-tasting Kenya margarine. I miss Kenya yoghurt because there's nothing like it, but the yoghurt the restaurant serves is inferior. I know the Bio brand is a little expensive, but they do serve Bio jam and marmalade, so it would be nice to upgrade to Bio yoghurt… If you have the pancakes, stay away from the strawberry topping to avoid the unexpected taste of the onions and the garlic, which are intentionally sautéed and added to strawberry jam!

To those who complain about the price, just think about what you get at Reata compared to the over-priced mediocre Nairobi hotels. I think there is no contest.

All-in-all, a great place, well worth the money, and I'm looking forward to writing my next review after my upcoming visit. Congratulations to the General Manager!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Michael K, General Manager at Reata Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Toothist

Thank you so much for your review.
Our team is delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Reata.

We have noted your concerns and we are in the process of addressing them permanently. We endeavor to provide all round customer satisfaction. So for the mattress kindly share with us your specification and we will make sure we have it next time you visit. We are now providing a choice of butter or margarine and also Bio yoghurt.

We are really grateful for choosing Reata as your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Kabul
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Very nice little apartment, close to the city center, good kitchen though could need some training when I was asking for butter to my breakfast I got margarine only, hot water system in the shower was not good I was always joggling not to get cold or not to be burned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael K, General Manager at Reata Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your review dated 27th March 2014.

We appreciate so much your valuable feedback.We have taken note of all the points raised and we promise to make significant changes so that we can keep improving our customer experience.

We provide margarine because some clients do not like animal products. We will be providing a choice of butter and margarine.Concerning the shower, we use instant showers because they are energy saving. We are sorry you had challenges in operating the shower and we promise to guide you next time.

We thank you for taking time to review our establishment and hope to welcome you back to Reata.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

These apartments are large, clean and modern. They are away from the main tourist area but I stayed on business and they were perfect. The staff are very helpful and service is always with a smile. There is a restaurant where the food is good. Can arrange Airport transfers, in fact they arranged a safari for my colleagues.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Reata Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Stuart C

Thank you so much for your reviews on Reata Serviced Apartments.
We are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are pleased that we met your expectations.

Our commitment and values is to exceed guest expectations.

wallington England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here for one night before starting an overland tour from a hotel just around the corner,which got horrific reviews, so did not want to stay there, and I was very glad I did. The room was spacious and very clean and comfortable. The staff were lovely, and thanks so much to Elizabeth who was wonderful, and arranged my pickup at the airport for me, which as a single woman arriving at 11pm was important to me. I would not hesitate in staying again, and just regret not staying longer, she even arranged a member of staff to assist me with my bag to the meeting place and my tour. Thanks so much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Michael K, General Manager at Reata Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Dowse,

Thank you for your review.
We appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continuously align our products and services to exceed guests expectation.

It was a great pleasure hosting you and look forward to welcoming you.

Michael K.
General Manager- Reata Serviced Apartments.

Been to Reata Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!