“Perfect for a sundowner and for those who don't have time for a longer safari” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi National Park

Type: National Parks, Nature/ Wildlife Areas
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Noble black rhinos are the highlight of this amazing park, Kenya’s first national park and a local treasure.
Isiolo, Kenya
“Perfect for a sundowner and for those who don't have time for a longer safari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I love going to Nbi Nat park in the afternoon, take a picnic sundowner and enjoy some wildlife and beautiful scenery so close to home. I recommend it to anyone coming to Nairobi for work and wanting to get a taste of the Kenyan parks. There are lions, cheetahs, leopards- very hard to see. There are rhinos, but no elephants. Enjoy!

Visited March 2012

• Turkish first
Prince George
8 attraction reviews
“Thumbs down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

While I appreciate seeing animals that are not in cages, this park was a bit too zooish or North American zoo "safari" park like for my taste. It is fairly small and seeing the lines of apartment buildings and development along one edge was not appealing to me. Also there was a lot of air traffic around. I did see zebra, buffalo, impala, giraffe , birds, a rhino and wart hogs eating out of the garbage at the gate. If your time is limited and this place is your only chance to get out and see some wildlife, do it. If you have been or are going to go to Masai Maea, my advice is: skip it

Mombasa, Kenya
11 attraction reviews
“The only park in a capital city.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Its such a lovely place, animals to see are plenty from zebra's,giraffes and lions if you live around Nairobi its a good place for a weekend gate away with the family or friends and also a place to have your picnics

Visited March 2012
Stockton, California
“A Surprise Connection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

What you are about to see in the photo happened so quickly that my reaction was one of surprise and not of fear. For an instant, I knew that I was not afraid and I believe she sensed that I was not afraid of her. She was very affectionate and allowed me to be close as she very gently licked my arm. After several minutes, I stood up and she proceeded to wrap her body and long tail around my legs. Then as quickly as she had run up to me she loped away. I visited the park in 2007.

Visited December 2011
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This park is an excellent place to start a Safari. Being that close to the city ads to what makes this place different than the other national parks. I saw more lions on this park than on the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro parks which could be a factor of just luck. I would say that the park is an excellent choice for a one day safari.

Visited November 2012

Been to Nairobi National Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Nairobi National Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later