“A Surprise Connection” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$184*
and up
Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and...
Ranked #4 of 38 Attractions in Nairobi
Type: National Parks, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Noble black rhinos are the highlight of this amazing park, Kenya’s first national park and a local treasure.
Stockton, California
“A Surprise Connection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

What you are about to see in the photo happened so quickly that my reaction was one of surprise and not of fear. For an instant, I knew that I was not afraid and I believe she sensed that I was not afraid of her. She was very affectionate and allowed me to be close as she very gently licked my arm. After several minutes, I stood up and she proceeded to wrap her body and long tail around my legs. Then as quickly as she had run up to me she loped away. I visited the park in 2007.

Visited December 2011

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This park is an excellent place to start a Safari. Being that close to the city ads to what makes this place different than the other national parks. I saw more lions on this park than on the Serengeti and the Ngorongoro parks which could be a factor of just luck. I would say that the park is an excellent choice for a one day safari.

Broadbeach, Australia
“Walk in the park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Excellent to walk around safely and easy for the disabled. Read about all the animals and watch from shelters that blend in.

Visited October 2012
Ascot
“Nairobi National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

It's remarkable that within 20 minutes of being downtown, you can be photographing a black rhino or serval cat or even a herd of buffaloes.

It's not a lot of money ($40 for tourists) and you can go for the day or half day, with a picnic (there are places to stop and leave vehicles) you can see most animals bar Ele's. today I saw a Serval Cat and 5 black rhino as well as all the usual antelope, zebra, giraffe, birds, hippos, crocs and aliens (actually lied about about the last one....... ;) It's a good place and quite bizarre looking across the plain with city buildings in the background. We ought to support it............

Herrenberg, Germany
“Fantastic visit with a great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We toured NNP in November 2012. With only one day available to enjoy Kenya's beautiful parks and natural attractions, we arranged a full day tour with Will Knocker. On short notice we also were able to stay at Silole Sanctuary cottage, connected directly to the park so an early start was all the more possible. Our day in the park was fantastic. We started early and saw Rhinos, a Lion, Hippo, Giraffe, Zebra and so many more. Our guide Will was very knowledgeable and extremely hospitable, arranging meals and taxis for us as well as providing an unforgettable park tour. I will certainly visit again. Silole Sanctuary and Cottage was serene, listening to the park Lions roaring right on our (very safe) doorstep. Thanks to Will and all others involved in keeping the park and area protected and accessible. Good on you. I highly recommend visiting this park and if you can, the Silole Sanctuary and Cottage as well. You will not be disappointed.

Visited November 2012

Been to Nairobi National Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Nairobi National Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.