“Well worth the visit!” 4 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$184*
and up
Nairobi National Park, Karen Blixen Museum and...
Ranked #4 of 38 Attractions in Nairobi
Type: National Parks, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Noble black rhinos are the highlight of this amazing park, Kenya’s first national park and a local treasure.
Quezon City, Philippines
13 attraction reviews
“Well worth the visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Seeing two out of the big 5 is not bad at all. Okay, an African lion sighting could have made it more awesome, but I am not complaining. I was with a group of friends on a Sunday, and we went early, in time for the opening of the park. The person at the ticketing booth was a little slow but once we entered the park gate everything was okay. We saw the spectacular rise of the sun, and just a few minutes after the gate we saw our first zebra. We only had three hours to spare at the park since we have a 10 am meeting to go to but it was amazingly fun. I took photos of all the animals I had my sight on, and event that of birds. Showing the photos to a friend gave me more reason to feel proud since (as he claimed) that even if I had not seen any lion, a sighting of the common kingfisher is more than a good reason for being in the park. So, will I recommend the Nairobi National Park for those with limited time to spare, YES.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
21 attraction reviews
“Right next to big city!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Yes that's what makes Nairobi National Park special, right in the city! I have been to this great park twice since moved into Nairobi. Every time I go I become more amazed with the wilderness, beauty of these animals and the scenery. We drove our car which is a 4x4, some people drive compacts cars but be aware sometimes toad gets really rocky. if you have the map you can easily find your way around. There are lots of cars and tours driving around. The animals are right in front of you with few meters. I was able to see baboons, giraffes, rhinos, beautiful birds, monkeys, zebras, and deers. Unfortunately i did not get a chance to see any lion even though I heard some people saw them. The park itself takes approx. 4-5hrs to drive depending on how often you stop and which route you take. The are some picnic areas but not recommend it since we are attacked by the baboons! Even though they just wanted to food it was still scary. Never take your food out! If you need to eat it in the car and get out. Otherwise picnic areas are safe enough. But still you are in the game park!

London, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent day out in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in Nairobi on business and with no time to get out to the Maasai Mara or other more famous game reserves. The Nairobi National park proved to be a great day out at the weekend. We went early and were lucky enough to see lions as well as numerous giraffe, antelope, zebra and ostrich. Recommended.

Palm Springs, California
82 attraction reviews
“An Urban Taste of The Wild Things”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I almost didn't go on this jaunt, blasé that I can be. So glad I did; as an amuse-gout for the Kenyan wilderness to follow, this far surpassed my expectations. And of course, it's a great preview of the awful roads you will travel for hours on end!

The park, though, my goodness, wonderful animals right there with the towers of Nairobi in the distance. You may not see the furred predators, but you'll see the prey, and you will get psyched to see that much more when you leave the towers behind for the tents and lodges a few hours away.

Oxford, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
“A really fun afternoon out in nairobir”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you have a spare afternoon, jump in the car and just drive around the park. Although there isn't a huge amount of game, you will definitely see giraffe, zebra and impala, and occasionally you'll spot the odd lion and rhino too. Beautiful place to visit, great for pic nics, and compared to other parks across kenya, generally very quiet.

Visited June 2012

Been to Nairobi National Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Nairobi National Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.