“My 2nd home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Panafric

You added Sarova Panafric to your Saves list
Sarova Panafric
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Along Valley Road, Nairobi 30486 - 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #18 of 119 Hotels in Nairobi
Buskerud, Norway
“My 2nd home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Again I had the pleasure of being a guest at Sarova Panafric Hotel in eight nights and as always, both I and the 14 other guest I had with me was, very well welcomed.
Already from the cars stopped, we were welcomed by the car doors were opened, baggage was well taken care of and brought to our rooms and delicious welcoming juice was served.
Under the entire stay the service was on top, the swimming pool was tempting and the food very good.
I'm already planning next stay for myself and for several groups of Norwegian tourists at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Where do I start? Every time I stay at the Saropan they seem to get better. From Rose mukami of reservations to Augustine the bellhop or Robert the room attendant. Amazing! No words to describe everyone at SP. This time round I stayed for seven days with my wife and two children and apart from a lack of a menu for my eight year old, I have no gripes whatsoever. I was however promised that a menu for younger children was seriously being looked into and I'm pretty sure they mean it. I even jokingly asked one of the reception staff whether there was a kind of drug that the management injected them with to keep them so lively,attentive and welcoming. Stayed in many but none compares. Superb.

Room Tip: Go for upper floors if available. The views are stunning though the wi-fi will not be as good especi...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Mr_David_Gachuru, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear KennethNganga,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for constantly allowing us to be your hotel of choice.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the entirety of your stay and please be reassured that the menu for younger children is in the completion stage.

You were a pleasure to host and I will share these kind words with the staff.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip to Nairobi.

Kind regards,

Bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

BA abios were meant to be used but I had been unable to book as no wifi (long story that involves cancelled flights etc.) They were unable to allow me to book for 22nd and stay 21st even though they would receive payment so despite about an hour at least I finally had to pay almost £100 for a night I shouldn't have been in Kenya for...should have been on my way to UK! However, the staff were VERY polite, helpful but just unable to see a way around me not having to spend this money when I had avios already to pay for it. BA were hard to contact. They couldn't contact their reservation person...long story!
Great comfortable room, bed large, no bath but I had the cheapest room! Breakfast was very good and lots of variety. Pool is clean but as I hadn't expected to stay I had no swim wear. I would use again if I can make use of my air miles...or if I had more money to spend on hotels rather than safari!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I usually stay at the Sarova Panafric when I come on business trips to Nairobi. I am especially appreciative of the polite and helpful staff this time as I had some problems accessing internet with wifi. Paul and Kevin did everything in their power to get me up and running and able to work again. I would recommend this venue to business people anytime as the hotel is central, but it is the staff that makes this venue outstanding!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Eirilene,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for consistently choosing to stay with us.

We appreciate your recommendation and will share this with the staff as well. We take pride in offering Refreshing African Hospitality whether on business or leisure. We are honored to have hosted you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good for conferences, can host several conferences and still give personalized service to each groups, have ample parking and not far from Nairobi central business division (CBD), can easily be accessed from town even on public transport. Polite and charming staffs are always there to usher you in and assist whenever you need

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Josephine,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Sarova Panafric, we both appreciate and welcome your feedback.

I am happy to note that our staff were able to show you our renown Refreshing African Warmth. We are privileged to be located in one of the most ideal areas in Nairobi with ample secure valet parking ideal for conferences or meetings of various sizes.

We look forward to hosting you during your next business trip.

Kind regards,

Airlie Beach, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at Sarova Panafric pre and post safari and would recommend this hotel to visitors. The staff were friendly and efficient and security was excellent. Rooms were very clean and services were excellent. Loved the facial at the day spa too.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear Eirilene,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for work and was pleasantly surprised. Unlike the vast number of business hotels that I've stayed at in all my travels, the Sarova Panafric really stood out for its warm welcoming staff. Kevin and his gang in the redtaurant for whom nothing was too much trouble and the friendly staff who cleaned our rooms (and left little surprises every day). The food generous is of a good quality (and you can eat salads without anxieties) though there could have been a few more veggie options. The best part are the delic fresh fruit juices and smoothies. Some of the rooms have slightly newer bathrooms (with showers) so ask for these. If you want to treat yourself to the spa - ask for Hannah or Jane, both of whom are great.
A good location - about 15 mins walk into town (don't miss the Masai Market) and the women's co-op in Karen that make the beautiful ceramic bead necklaces you can find in the posh malls like Junction.
Watch out for the notorious traffic jams
In Nairobi - luckily we went against traffic to our office - but this may ultimately decide which part to town (and hotel) you stay in.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on our hotel, Sarova Panafric.

To note that you enjoyed the entirety of your stay makes us glad to read. From the generous portions to our staff, we are happy that we made your stay memorable.

We are located in a prime area close to most shopping malls and the Central Business District with easy access to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

We look forward to hosting you again, I will share your kind words with the staff, who I am sure will be happy to know they each, in their own way, made your stay pleasurable.

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!