“Best for Business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Panafric

You added Sarova Panafric to your Saves list
Sarova Panafric
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Along Valley Road, Nairobi 30486 - 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #19 of 133 Hotels in Nairobi
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best for Business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Recently we have started traveling to African countries and Sarova Panafrica has become a choice for stay. very good hotel, very friendly staff and location wise everything is near by.

Pro :
would recommend to business travelers. quite impressed that none of staff asked for any kind of tip. always greeted with smile and made things simple.
Cons:
Hotel said they have halal food , but restaurant had pork all over and none of menu had halal certification details , was not convinced ... would recommend Muslim travel to avoid Meat unless they get certified.

Room Tip: all rooms are okay to stay , the up the better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 9, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Your concerns on the Halal certification has been noted with concern and is being looked into and we trust that next time when you join us, we will have exceeded your expectations.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

From the moment I booked to my departure - just stunning. On arrival, a warm welcome from Benson and crew at the check-in desk with Catherine and Linda also really standing out as wonderful hosts.

The room was perfect and Linda and her colleagues kept it spotless throughout. When the TV went on the blip post a second long power cut (backed up by a generator) Benjamin came to sort it perfectly within minutes. The restaurant food was excellent and I was warmly welcomed by Monica and Stacy like a long lost friend - thanks.

Smiles all round from the crew. Alex and Emmanuel stood out at the bar as being caring and attentive. The food was excellent also especially the lamb chops.

The security team are thorough throughout and I felt very secure at the hotel and the road leading it it also has a 24 hour manned double barrier with road spikes. Not that I ever feel threatened but nevertheless it is a comfort for travellers to feel safe - well done

I spoke to various members of staff mostly when passing in the left and they all seem positive, courteous and most importantly proud of the establishment

Well done - you have secured my future business yet again and I hope that I will be back soon

Sante Sana my Rafiki's

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and it’s great to note that you only have a good report on all the staff you encountered.

I will personally pass on your commendation to all the staff that you mentioned and they will be undoubtedly happy to hear your very kind words

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed here with a friend for two nights in January 2014 encounter to climbing Kilimanjaro.

Much better than the "budget" hotel booked by our agent. Excellent room with everything one would expect in a four star hotel.

Dinner at Flametree was outstanding. Great choice of food and great red wines. Check wines prices though as I miscalculated the exchange rate and paid $100 more than I expected. Staff are excellent.

I was in Nairobi in May 14 but staying up the road. Went there for two dinners and spent a day at Flametree on Ma 1 Public Holiday to do some work. Best WiFi in Africa.

Nothing but praise and it will be my choice of hotels when in Nairobi.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Eddie,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful and that we are now your choice of hotel! I'm elated to read that you found the food wine list exceptional. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were welcomed to the hotel with many smiles. The staff are extremely friendly. Unfortunately had issues with our online booking however the manager Patrick rectified the situation - thanks Patrick.
Room was pleasant with a balcony and a view looking back into the city. Beds weren't to our liking being very hard but everyone has different tastes, this may suit you. The shower was awesome! House keeping also clean.
Resturant; good selection of food and drinks including cocktails. Bar menu/snacks also if you don't want a big meal.
Taxis readily available, negotiate price before starting.
Surroundings; can walk into the city with generally no hassles. Keep your personal items close to you.
Found there wasnt much variety of food places so we ate both nights at the hotel.
Hotel is located near main road and can be noisy but if you keep the balcony door closed its not too bad!
Overall we recommend the Sarova

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kylie,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! I'm elated to read that you found the food and wine list exceptional. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to make your stay with us great.

We look forward to hosting you again and please let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Great experience. Right next to the road yet very quiet. Very friendly staff and room standards were high compared to the last time I was there. It is evident they are working hard to raise the standards of the hotel. The food had a good variety. Well done Sarova!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in April 2014. The room was excellent, the restaurant had a good ambience and the food was very good. Friendly & hospitable staff. Good location with hardly any noise despite the busy Valley Road. Great atmosphere, comfortable accommodation!

Room Tip: Try Room 401, value for your money!!

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff excellent and without exception, you found everyone welcoming.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I chose the Hotel for a conference for our organisation that is based in Brussels.
The airport reception blew them off, thy really appreciated the welcome with a refreshing towel and cool water, and the good transfer cars.
For the first time in 4 years there were no complaints
The Hotel is very clean and great. The staff are very friendly and efficient.
Any issues we had during the conference sorted swiftly.
The food is great, I really loved the fruit smoothies and fresh juices... plus there is a great choice at the flame tree restaurant.
It is also near the CBD so most of the participants could walk there in the evenings and back before dusk.
In all we had a great stay, I bet my name on them and I was not let down.. I am happy!!

Dear, Ati

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful! I'm elated to read that the airport receptions was appreciated by you and your team.

Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I will pass on your warm words to them personally. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.