“Great stay and conferencing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Panafric

You added Sarova Panafric to your Saves list
Sarova Panafric
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Along Valley Road, Nairobi 30486 - 00100, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #19 of 134 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great stay and conferencing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I chose the Hotel for a conference for our organisation that is based in Brussels.
The airport reception blew them off, thy really appreciated the welcome with a refreshing towel and cool water, and the good transfer cars.
For the first time in 4 years there were no complaints
The Hotel is very clean and great. The staff are very friendly and efficient.
Any issues we had during the conference sorted swiftly.
The food is great, I really loved the fruit smoothies and fresh juices... plus there is a great choice at the flame tree restaurant.
It is also near the CBD so most of the participants could walk there in the evenings and back before dusk.
In all we had a great stay, I bet my name on them and I was not let down.. I am happy!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear, Ati

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful! I'm elated to read that the airport receptions was appreciated by you and your team.

Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I will pass on your warm words to them personally. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Staines, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Nice room, if a little dated. Staff were friendly and helpful. Restaurant and bar had a good ambience and the food was very good. There was a live singer and band one night. The breakfast was good quality and varied. The location was good: near, but not in, the downtown business district. No noise problem, despite the busy main road outside. Easy transfer to and from the airport, as well as the UN complex, though the traffic can be a nightmare. I would recommend it for the price.

Room Tip: Higher the better, I guess...
Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and entertainment . Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Sarova Panafric is a hotel that is easy fir your pocket. Average in most but comfortable and accommodating in many respects. Its mostly used for conferences and workshops therefore brace yourself for crowded meals at the pool side, The flame tree, though is fairly good especially in the evenings. It's close to the CBD but a walk there is not very advisable.

Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad that you had a chance to dine at our flagship Flame Tree restaurant, which is usually where guests are seated if the pool bar restaurant is crowded.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times during my transits through Nairobi. Their food is fantastic and they really do make you feel at home. The staff are all entirely very nice and they will do their very very best to ensure that you have a 100% satisfaction. I really love this place. It appears a lot of people do also because recently when I try to book this hotel, it is always fully booked :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tony,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel fantastic. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, one before and then one after our safari, it was included as part of a Safari package. We really liked the hotel, the service was excellent, the staff were friendly and the food was good. We especially enjoyed the lovely breakfast on the terrace.
It is an easy walk to Uhuru gardens and the city centre.
The hotel also stored a case for us whilst we were on safari without charge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and overlook the pool. But they also catch the sun.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and they will be elated to hear such feedback.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I came here to spend my easter holiday this year together with my daughter and some friends, I wanted to celebrate my 60 years birthday and came down here. The food here is excellent and of a very good quality as well. The rooms clean and tidy and a very good a staff. They took care of us and we felt very safe during our stay. And the service was excellent as weil so I will come back next time I visit Africa. And I hope it will be next year. We went around for Safari 5 days and had as stayThe Sarova at Nakuru Lion Hill for one night. This was excellent as well. To day we are leaving and want to go to the Beauty Salon as well. I can recommend the Sarova if you want to enjoy your holidays i Kenya and for sure I will come back!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jorunn,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful and that we are now your choice of hotel! I'm elated that you chose to spend your 60th birthday with us and our sister company Sarova Lion Hill. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit as I will be happy to welcome you back personally.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

A very average hotel with good friendly service. The restaurant is OK and the food is fine. The pricing in this hotel is much more affordable that any other hotel in the city. There are definitely more "Up Market" hotels in Nairobi but does not justify the difference in price. What you get here is really good value for money.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you found our pricing affordable and also appreciated the fact that we maintain our high standards that we have come to be known for in the hospitality industry