“Easy on Your Pocket” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Easy on Your Pocket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Sarova Panafric is a hotel that is easy fir your pocket. Average in most but comfortable and accommodating in many respects. Its mostly used for conferences and workshops therefore brace yourself for crowded meals at the pool side, The flame tree, though is fairly good especially in the evenings. It's close to the CBD but a walk there is not very advisable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Kim,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad that you had a chance to dine at our flagship Flame Tree restaurant, which is usually where guests are seated if the pool bar restaurant is crowded.

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times during my transits through Nairobi. Their food is fantastic and they really do make you feel at home. The staff are all entirely very nice and they will do their very very best to ensure that you have a 100% satisfaction. I really love this place. It appears a lot of people do also because recently when I try to book this hotel, it is always fully booked :(

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tony,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel fantastic. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for two nights, one before and then one after our safari, it was included as part of a Safari package. We really liked the hotel, the service was excellent, the staff were friendly and the food was good. We especially enjoyed the lovely breakfast on the terrace.
It is an easy walk to Uhuru gardens and the city centre.
The hotel also stored a case for us whilst we were on safari without charge.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and overlook the pool. But they also catch the sun.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear David,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It is great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and they will be elated to hear such feedback.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I came here to spend my easter holiday this year together with my daughter and some friends, I wanted to celebrate my 60 years birthday and came down here. The food here is excellent and of a very good quality as well. The rooms clean and tidy and a very good a staff. They took care of us and we felt very safe during our stay. And the service was excellent as weil so I will come back next time I visit Africa. And I hope it will be next year. We went around for Safari 5 days and had as stayThe Sarova at Nakuru Lion Hill for one night. This was excellent as well. To day we are leaving and want to go to the Beauty Salon as well. I can recommend the Sarova if you want to enjoy your holidays i Kenya and for sure I will come back!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jorunn,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our hotel wonderful and that we are now your choice of hotel! I'm elated that you chose to spend your 60th birthday with us and our sister company Sarova Lion Hill. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We definitely look forward to hosting you again and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit as I will be happy to welcome you back personally.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

A very average hotel with good friendly service. The restaurant is OK and the food is fine. The pricing in this hotel is much more affordable that any other hotel in the city. There are definitely more "Up Market" hotels in Nairobi but does not justify the difference in price. What you get here is really good value for money.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

I am happy that you selected Sarova Panafric as your preferred hotel in Nairobi and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you found our pricing affordable and also appreciated the fact that we maintain our high standards that we have come to be known for in the hospitality industry

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My first trip to Africa and a great hotel to stay at, Friendly , Helpful, always a smile. Staff are great Joan Gracious in the restaurant always greeted me with a smile. And the reception staff always had time to talk about Rugby even if i'm yet to make them see that England are the better team.
I will be back ..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable. I will personally pass on your commendation to the reception staff as well as Joan who I am sure will be glad to hear your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again and to you convincing us of England’s rugby prowess.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at the Sarova Panafric recently. While this is an older hotel, the room was just perfect for my needs. I liked the way the hotel group goes to great pains to ensure all the creature comforts are available to their guests. The breakfast is amazing and very fresh and tasty. Superb service from all the staff in the restaurant - well done.
The reception staff were exceedinly well trained. They are very responsive to all the needs and wants of their guests and extremely patient when dealing with tired, jet lagged, grumpy guests in all the odd hours of the day and night - speaking for myself here. Collins was always very patient with all my questions.
Now you have the other staff - porters and door man - this was another Collins who is a giant of a man but again with superb customer service skills. I did not feel like leaving.
Overall a very good visit to the Sarova Panafric and looking forward to a return visit soon.

Dear Jerry,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric.

We are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure that their stay is enjoyable and it’s great to note that you only have a good report on all the staff you encountered. I will personally pass on your commendation to the entire team and to both the Collins’.

We look forward to hosting you again

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!