“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Bergen, Norway
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We arrived with my parents and the service we got was really good during our whole stay. After two weeks we came back and stayed another two nights. Nice breakfast. Booked a superior room which is overlooking the motor way but it was not noisy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Its great to read that you came back and stayed another two nights with us. We strive to ensure that our guests' stay is nothing short of exceptional. We definitely look forward to hosting you and your family, and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is located in the heart of Nairobi, very practical if you are on business or doing safari/Nairobi tours. I brought a group of 17 people to Kenya and used Pan Afric as a base, sjeck inn, securety all over staff was brilliant every time. The breakfast is exelent and they are very flexibel when we needed a very early breakfast. The rooms are very clean. Some rooms are alitle mid. 80s, but they are working on that. The a la carte is not very exiting, and the kitchen was not as good as we hoped. All in all a very pleassent stay in a very unplessent town in a wonderfull country.

Room Tip: the rooms away from the main streat, high as possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found our staff brilliant and enjoyed the excellent breakfast selection and our rooms. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a conference and was impressed with the friendly staff and great food. The hotel is well situated and I was able to get into Nairobi city centre. The road is a little noisy as the hotel looks directly onto the main road from Nairobi Hill into town. The rooms are clean and well kitted.
The hotel has a great pool area which I unfortunately did not have time to utilize.
Overall a good hotel and indeed I will return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Warren,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you impressed with the friendly staff, great food and great pool area. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I have personally passed on your commendation to the associates.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night, on our return from safari, three weeks ago.
The duvet cover appeared to have make-up stains on it. I called Housekeeping, who responded promptly and were very apologetic. They said it was clean and blamed the laundry service. They had brought the wrong size replacement cover, so had to return to store cupboard. Trying to be helpful, I started to take the cover off. I discovered a large brown stain on the duvet itself. Staff were embarrassed and replaced both duvet and cover. The latter had a few big holes in it, but at least it was clean! The fact is (ignoring the 'holey' cover) neither the cover which looked stained, and certainly not the duvet itself, should have been put on the bed.
We mentioned the problem we had experienced on checking-out to the Duty Manager. He took our email address and said he would look into the matter and report back to us. We have heard nothing.
I do not expect this from a budget hotel, let alone a 4*.

We would certainly NOT stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. Apologies for the delay in responding to you on this issue. I personally investigated it and I'm sad to hear about your experience while staying with us, especially your rooms experience. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. We have very stringent housekeeping procedures in terms of thorough room inspection before a client checks in. The back and forth experienced is definitely not in line with our brand standards and is unacceptable. Please be assured that I have personally taken corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn't occur again. Accept my sincere apologies.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you and for you to experience our good facilities, excellent restaurant and amazing staff.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had a conference at the Sarova and the staff, the ambiance but especially the food was to die for. The other thing I loved most was the faithfulness of the staff. On our second day of the conference I forgot my laptop charger but when I remembered in the morning and started panicking, I went asked the front desk who directed me to the conference managers. It did take some time to track them down but it was eventually returned to me.
The rooms were so so but the conference facility and the meals were definitely worthwhile.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff, the ambiance and especially the food was to die for. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I'm happy to hear that we were able to assist with your laptop charger, as it should be. I have personally passed on your commendation to the associates.

Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here twice during our safari, once in a regular room and once in an executive room. Both were quite clean and passable, but the executive room was bright and freshly renovated. The executive room could have been a comfortable room in any nice hotel in any major city around the world.
The staff here were really pleasant, and very attentive. We checked in and out at some odd hours, but there were always security guards in the hallways and front desk staff to take care of business.
Also, the pool was really lovely!

Room Tip: Executive rooms are bright and remodeled!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenny,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially your stay in our freshly renovated Executive rooms. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Its great to read that you enjoyed their attentiveness and found them really pleasant. We definitely look forward to hosting you and your family, and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Bridgwater, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed here with a group of volunteers whilst providing training to St John Ambulance pre-hospital care providers in Nairobi. It is very close to the centre of town but the road becomes very congested and is busy all the time. It can seem quite noisy if you're not generally a city dweller. The rooms are a little dated but the facilities of a high standard, modern communal areas are bright and airy, and the staff; well, this is the highlight of this hotel. Service is obviously a top priority and many UK hotels could learn much from Panafric. We stayed for just short of two weeks and enjoyed friendly, personal and efficient service throughout. As "long stay" guests we were invited to a short function to meet the mangers and department leads and discuss any issues or improvements. I thought this was an excellent and innovative method of achieving rapid and candid customer feedback and any minor criticisms were taken on board and on some issues results were evident during our stay. In summary, I would certainly stay at Sarova Panafric again, I would recommend it, without hesitation, and I'm thinking about returning with the family for a less business orientated trip.

• Stayed February 2014
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Will,

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Its great to read that you enjoyed the meet and greet with the managers. We believe in the importance of knowing our team in order to ensure our guests' stay is nothing short of exceptional. We definitely look forward to hosting you and your family, and please do let me know when you'll be coming back to visit.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!