“Extras” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Emerald, Australia
“Extras”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

It took an hour & a half in foul traffic to get here from the airport. The hotel restaurant is good, great menu, extensive breakfast, staff were very accomodating. The laundry cost alot. I mean alot. The older rooms get a reno, but the electrics for air con clearly hadnt. It wouldnt start. They moved me after i complained. They host weddings, which can be very noisy, but it finished relatively early. My 2nd stay they upgraded me. The business suite was awesome.
I had ATM problems at the airport, so my first day in Nairobi i needed guidance in withdrawing cash as a single white woman. The convierge listened to what i wanted to do & arranged me a private driver for the day. Best decision ever. $80AUD. I had him going from 8-5. He came with me to the ATM, waited for me to shop. Had me at my destinations when i wanted to be there. He was great.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, December 6, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am elated that this has been your fourth time with us! Indeed, you are part of the Sarova Panafric family. It's also great that you enjoyed the Flame Tree Restaurant food and found the food good with a great menu and extensive breakfast. Our accommodating staff strive to provide great service, and making your stay with us great. I have personally passed on your commendation to the team.

Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and the Sarova Panafric online community.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

For the fourth time in the last three years, I have used this hotel as an overnight stop in Nairobi, before venturing on to Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Watamu or the Mara. The staff are very helpful and friendly. A good hotel, near the city centre, with good food and more than adequate accommodation for the price.

• Stayed October 2013
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, November 26, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am elated that this has been your fourth time with us! Indeed, you are part of the Sarova Panafric family. It's also great that you found us to be a good hotel, near the city centre, with good food and more than adequate accommodation for the price you pay. Our staff strives to provide very helpful and friendly, and making your stay with us great. We do take guest feedback seriously and I have personally passed on your commendation to the team.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great hotel in Nairobi. Staff were welcoming and check in was efficient. Rooms were well serviced. Breakfast buffet was huge! Big selection and fresh.
Dinners provided entertainment, local band. The hotel was secure and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found us to be a great hotel in Nairobi. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. I'm pleased to hear that they were welcoming and the check in was efficient. We pride ourselves for having the best breakfast in town and its great to note that you enjoyed the 'huge' breakfast buffet and big, fresh selection. We do take guest feedback seriously and I have personally passed on your commendation to team.

Hackensack, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was the worst experience ever.
I booked this hotel on Expedia and asked for a 3 bed room for our party of 3.
We arrived at 2am only to be told we had to pay $70 extra per night because I did not specify 3 people even though my booking indicated three beds. I asked the manager at the front desk if one guest could sleep on 3 beds. He was not concerned. He said I had to pay the extra charge per night.
I proceeded ask if I could a refund for the next night and look for another hotel and was told I had to go through Expedia.
Even though my stay in Nairobi was for longer that 2 nights. I had to move to another location.
They also wanted to charge my 12 year old for breakfast in the morning even though it was complimentary.
Beware of the extra hidden charges at this Hotel.
I did not even feel secure at this hotel. The security guards were sleeping on the stairs.
I will never stay at Sarova Panafric again or even recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. We're sad to hear about your overall experience while staying with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. We do take guest feedback seriously and upon receiving your feedback, I personally took the time to investigate the matter the situation to understand what the mishap was. Your experience was indeed quite surprising as we have stringent check in procedures that see to our front office and reservations associates strictly adhere to listed details from the bookers.

According to your booking details on Expedia (As seen below), you indicated in the booking that you were 1 adult at USD 102 as opposed to three people with a special request for three beds. What this means is that your booking is taken to be for one person as the rate is for one person and upon check in, you’re to advice our front office associates on your extra requirements. As you had paid for one person, an extra USD70 was to be paid by you upon confirmation of request for the second person and I am more than certain the manager explained this to you in detail. My Manager was also kind enough to waiver your 12 year old’s charges. Our standard complimentary policy applies to children under the age of three years, which is an international standard as you may know. In regards to the refund, the Duty Manager also explained to you that this particular reservation could not be refunded directly from the hotel and that you needed to go through Expedia for their refund. It was at this point that you checked your voucher and realized that among the Terms and Conditions was a clause that said that the booking was non-refundable by Expedia. We like to encourage our guests to cross check their bookings made, especially through external bookers to ensure that all information is in order prior to their check in to avoid any inconveniences. I am certain that once this is done, such details are captured and dealt with before hand. Also feel free to contact the hotel prior to your check in to reconfirm on the same so as to identify any issues that need to be addressed.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Rooms are basic but clean and the staff were so friendly - especially Collins, a thorough gent. We had a nice meal, good brekkie buffet and a nice bar. Would happily stay there and recommend it highly for anyone going to stop over in Nairobi.

• Stayed August 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms, friendly staff, good meals and breakfast and nice bar. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We do take guest feedback seriously and I have personally passed on your commendation to Collins. I am elated to hear that you will recommend us to anyone and appreciate it.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff at this hotel are so friendly and helpful. The level of security was very re-assuring and made me feel safe. The room was very comfortable and clean. I was part of a large group who attended a conference in Nairobi and stayed the full week at the hotel. I would have no problems in recommending this hotel to friends and family, and one day would like to return and stay again.
The Wifi in the hotel didn't seem to work in my bedroom, this is not a complaint - just an observation. Probably a good thing as it stopped me from working in my room. Though it did mean that Skype conversations couldn't be private as they took place in the foyer. Again not a complaint.
The pool area was very pleasant and staff very helpful. The bar and restaurant was reasonably priced and again the staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy.

Room Tip: The room I was in over looked the pool, was quiet and very comfortable
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding and I’m delighted that you found our associates friendly and helpful, your room very comfortable and clean and that our level of security was assuring, as it should be.It's also great that you got to experience our pool garden restaurant and the bar.

We do understand the importance of technology in the current world and we have therefore taken steps ahead in improving the system so as to ensure higher broadband speeds and therefore provide efficiency to our guests accessing it. I’m certain the next time you visit, you’ll have no problem with the broadband connectivity & speeds. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We forward to hosting you soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay (November 2013). Comfortable room on the 4th floor, friendly staff in all areas, good food, excellent WiFi. The unnecessary third bed in the room made it a bit "crowded" but all else was satisfactory. Even checking out in the midst of a large group checking in was handled quickly.

Our conference of +/- 60 delegates was handled well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adrian,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you enjoyed the comfortable room, friendly staff in all areas, good food, excellent WiFi. Our unfailingly friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. We do take guest feedback seriously and have noted your feedback on the third bed in your room. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!