“Lovely hotel, ideal for a stop-over” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Seasonal Promotion $167
Ranked #19 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, ideal for a stop-over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here. Rooms are basic but clean and the staff were so friendly - especially Collins, a thorough gent. We had a nice meal, good brekkie buffet and a nice bar. Would happily stay there and recommend it highly for anyone going to stop over in Nairobi.

• Stayed August 2013
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms, friendly staff, good meals and breakfast and nice bar. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We do take guest feedback seriously and I have personally passed on your commendation to Collins. I am elated to hear that you will recommend us to anyone and appreciate it.

Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and the Sarova Panafric online community.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We look forward to hearing from you.

438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The staff at this hotel are so friendly and helpful. The level of security was very re-assuring and made me feel safe. The room was very comfortable and clean. I was part of a large group who attended a conference in Nairobi and stayed the full week at the hotel. I would have no problems in recommending this hotel to friends and family, and one day would like to return and stay again.
The Wifi in the hotel didn't seem to work in my bedroom, this is not a complaint - just an observation. Probably a good thing as it stopped me from working in my room. Though it did mean that Skype conversations couldn't be private as they took place in the foyer. Again not a complaint.
The pool area was very pleasant and staff very helpful. The bar and restaurant was reasonably priced and again the staff went out of their way to ensure we were happy.

Room Tip: The room I was in over looked the pool, was quiet and very comfortable
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding and I’m delighted that you found our associates friendly and helpful, your room very comfortable and clean and that our level of security was assuring, as it should be.It's also great that you got to experience our pool garden restaurant and the bar.

We do understand the importance of technology in the current world and we have therefore taken steps ahead in improving the system so as to ensure higher broadband speeds and therefore provide efficiency to our guests accessing it. I’m certain the next time you visit, you’ll have no problem with the broadband connectivity & speeds. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We forward to hosting you soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay (November 2013). Comfortable room on the 4th floor, friendly staff in all areas, good food, excellent WiFi. The unnecessary third bed in the room made it a bit "crowded" but all else was satisfactory. Even checking out in the midst of a large group checking in was handled quickly.

Our conference of +/- 60 delegates was handled well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adrian,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you enjoyed the comfortable room, friendly staff in all areas, good food, excellent WiFi. Our unfailingly friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. We do take guest feedback seriously and have noted your feedback on the third bed in your room. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

High level of personal service and friendly staff in a modern and comfortable hotel. The facilities and restaurant were also first rate. We were part of a large party c. 100 but every member of staff I encountered were unfailingly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Brian,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you enjoyed the high level of personal service and friendly staff in our modern and comfortable hotel, as it should be. Our unfailingly friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Its also exciting to note that you enjoyed our first rate facilities and restaurant. Many thanks & I have personally shared your great feedback with the entire team. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Most aspects of the hotel are very good - but it is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff that give it a real boost. All the staff members were friendly without being obtrusive, and made me feel very welcome throughout my stay.

My room was clean and well maintained, although the furniture was a bit too big - difficult to get to the window to open and close curtains because a chair blocked all the space between bed and desk. Bed was just too firm to be comfortable - but better than being just too soft. The cupboard was adequate for hanging clothes - except that a huge ironing board took up a good chunk of the space.

Breakfast was superb (fresh, with a good selection), although perhaps there could have been one or two more staff circulating with coffee.

Very pleasant swimming pool, although busy at lunchtime with the many conferences and meetings taking place here having lunch beside it.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff and that we made you feel very welcome, as it should be. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Its also exciting to note that you enjoyed our pool facility as well as breakfast and have shared your feedback on the same with my team. I have also taken to note your recommendation on the coffee service and I do agree with you as this should hasten the service speeds. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed at Panafric with a large party for a week and we were treated like kings! :)
The room was excellent in both it's facilities and quietness and cleanliness.
The service was friendly, polite, prompt and helpful: nothing was too much trouble for them. They went above and beyond the call of duty to help us.
Eating in the restaurant was great quality, as was privately-provided food, as was afternoon tea and drinks in the bar area. Eating and drinking at the pool side was also great.
At a time when Kenya has recently been attacked by terrorists and being deserted by some, we felt very safe and it was a pleasure to be able to support them and receive their hospitality and service.
They were very good ambassadors for a great country.

PS My only criticism is that the wifi signal in the room seemed a little intermittent in strength at times but that does not effect my overall rating.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the pool at the back of the hotel and was quiet and pleasant.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you felt like kings when staying with us and that you found the service friendly, polite, prompt and helpful, as it should be. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Its also exciting to note that you enjoyed your room experience and found it excellent in both it's facilities, quietness and cleanliness. A standard we do not compromise on. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the afternoon tea and drinks in the bar area as well as the pool area. My heart reaches out to those who were involved at Westgate during the tragic incident. Security is of utmost importance to all our guests and we take great measures to ensure they are enforced. We are truly grateful that you were not at that particular mall when this incident happened and I’m happy to hear that my wonderful team was able to make you feel very safe after the incident and to be good ambassadors of our great country. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was very disappointed with this hotel as our travel agent said he had good experiences there. I almost never write poor reviews and we have traveled to many different countries so we know standards can be very different. We came to the hotel after traveling for over 26 hrs. and were very tired. I had requested a room in the back part of the hotel ahead of time as I had read the reviews about the street traffic noise in the front part.

Our safari co. guide dealt with the check in and told us if we did not like the room to go back to the desk and ask for another one. The room was on the street side and was also between the hotel's two huge air conditioning units, so it was extremely noisy. So, we went back to the desk and were told that the hotel was full and they could not give us another room. I told them that we had made a request ahead of time for a room in the back, but he said that since we got in later at night we had no choice. The reception staff were very unreceptive and had no interest in making our stay comfortable. The next day they moved us to another room, but this was not done until around noon time and it was to another room on the street side and was still very noisy. The shower was at about chest height so it was hard to wash your hair. The room was very old and dated. We were only there for another night so we did not ask for another room in the newer section as it was just too exhausting trying to get the reception staff to help us.

When we returned to our room after supper our card key would not open the door. We ended up being locked out of our room for 45 minutes. They had to take the lock apart to fix the key lock. The maintenance staff were very good as were the restaurant staff. It is strange that the reception staff is so poor. At no time did they ever offer something to compensate us for our difficulties. Anyways, it was not a pleasant stay. We had another night in Nairobi at the end of our safari so our tour company cancelled our revelation there and took us to another hotel which was fabulous, and when I checked their price online it was cheaper than the Panafric. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. This was the only place we stayed at in our 3 weeks in Africa that had such uncaring reception staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. I'm sad to hear about your overall experience while staying with us, especially your room experience. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. I am sad to hear about the key card incident and I greatly apologies for this inconvenience. The guest rooms are thoroughly inspected by the Executive Housekeeper and supervisors in order to ensure everything is in order prior to the guest check in. With that being said, this is definitely not in line with our brand standards and please note that I have personally taken this up and put in place corrective measures to avoid this situation recurring. Accept my sincere apologies about the noise from the streets. Please note that the renovation plans of this room category are underway, including placing up a double glazed sliding door. We shall communicate once the project commences.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you and for you to enjoy our good facilities, excellent restaurant and amazing staff.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!