“Incredibly friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Seasonal Promotion $167
Ranked #19 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
“Incredibly friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The staff here were so amazingly helpful and friendly! Big smiles, kind gestures, and honestly cared about each individual guest! Absolutely incredible service!! The most memorable hotel we stayed at throughout our three month vacation in east Africa! The breakfast buffet was awesome! So much variety and all very delicious! We also ordered the room service and that too was an excellent variety and what we ordered was great!

• Stayed October 2012
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric and I’m happy you found our staff amazingly helpful and friendly with big smiles and kind gestures.

It's also great to read that you enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet with variety of offering at the Flame Tree restaurant. Our Executive team and kitchen staff are excited to hear this. We're elated that you found Sarova Panafric to be the most memorable hotel you stayed at throughout your three month vacation in East Africa! This means a great deal to our team as they are wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We forward to hosting you soon.

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Some differing opinions on a few elements, but we were there during the Westgate Mall seige and we cannot commend the staff highly enough for their professionalism during this terrible time. Our hearts go out to all the people affected by the tragedy. At all times though we felt safe, looked after and looked out for. It was very reassuring to get a call on Saturday night from the manager to ensure we had returned safely from our days outing.

We arrived at 2am Friday (thursday night) so had the chance to make these other observations...

Pros:
Steak night! I ordered the fillet steak medium rare - THE best steak i have ever had!

Very friendly staff with excellent English

Well priced gift shop

Reception/porters/concierges all very helpful

Very smooth pick up from the airport (by Pollmans, organised for us by our Travel agent at home)

Hotel drivers/taxis - felt very safe.

No fees to change money. Rate was 5 shillings lower than at the airport but they had money when we needed it

Air con in the rooms (not frosty, but at least they had it) and a safe in the wardrobe.

Good egg station at breakfast. Good variety of hot dishes and pastries that changed daily.

Free WIFI

Cons:
Rooms 103 and 105 (least expensive) don't have locks on the balcony doors. Yes there is a guard stationed by the lift, but he can't see the balcony.no insect screens on the (opening) windows. Access to these rooms is via an outdoor walkway above the kitchen vent - not always pleasant. Beds very firm, to me thats better than too soft but the other 3 in my group found them 'rock hard'.(beds were same at our next hotel so not sure if its a price or a cultural thing)

While ALL staff were friendly, service from the food and beverage staff was a bit slow...dine early if you're hungry to allow for the wait.tea and coffee service at breakfast rather haphazard.

Hotel is on a main road, thats also the way to a hospital so there can be sirens. Ear plugs worked fine for me though (we never leave home without them!)

No direct dialling. Even local calls made by staff had to go through the operator. Not a major issue, but time consuming if you're trying to make plans.

Other things to be aware of:
Pollmans picked us up at the airport. They offered us a car and driver for the day for US$25 per person.$100 for 4 of us, just ring his mobile to book. Not knowing if that was a good rate or not, we asked the hotel concierge - seems there is a very strong honour system in Nairobi - concierge explained he couldn't give us any other prices because we were Pollmans customers and he couldn't break that 'contract'. Interestingly the operator couldnt reach the mobile number for us, so put us through to the main office where the price was now $200 for 4 of us. We called the mobile back and had a great, albeit slightly squished, day for $100 plus tip.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Cherie,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric and I’m happy you enjoyed the service from our helpful, friendly staff, your steak & breakfast at the Flame Tree restaurant, our Adia (gift) shop, airport transfer and the value adds.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that your stay exceeded your expectation. Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. My heart reaches out to those who were at Westgate during the tragic incident. Security is of utmost importance to all our guests and we take great measures to ensure they are enforced. We are truly grateful that you were not involved and I’m happy to hear that my wonderful team was able to make you feel at even more comfortable and safe after the incident. As it should be. Apologies for the noise experienced while in your room. Indeed we encourage guest feedback so that we can improve on our services and I have personally noted your feedback on the noise levels and taken up this issue with my engineering team.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We forward to hosting you soon.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed here for one night after camping safari in Kenya and Tanzania, anywhere with a bed and a hot shower would have been good! This hotel was more than good, it is a high class hotel with comfortable room as you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Booking via booking.com well in advance, for under $100, value for money was exceptional.
Excellent service and helpful staff. I arrived on foot with heavy luggage and whilst checking-in was offered hot towels and juice. A nice touch!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Mark,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you found us to be 'a high class hotel' with comfortable rooms. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great and we're happy to note that you enjoyed the personalized welcome touch. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on two occasions last month; immediately before and immediately after a tour of Kenya and Tanzania. The hotel and it's amenities are ok, but I found it a little difficult to get a message across to the reception staff because of their broken English. The most frustrating thing was the poor quality of their food. My wife and I had fish and beef via room service. The fish was raw inside and the chef over did it with the seasoning ... I couldn't eat it. My wife's steak, although thinly cut, was as tough as old boot leather. She couldn't finish her meal either. So as not to raise a fuss, I paid the bill in full upon checkout the next morning, but made a point in mentioning the meal situation to the receptionist. She said she'd look into it and would contact me "shortly", but I've heard nothing since.
My advice is ... if you're ordering room service, tell them exactly how you want the food cooked, rather than leave it up to their inexperienced chef. When you get it, if it's not up to scratch, send it back.

Room Tip: Most rooms are noisy because of the outside traffic. Rooms near the elevator can also be very noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric, through the staff, is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. It is for this exact reason that all our associates are the top professionally in the market and to attain this a thorough hiring process is in place. One of the key, mandatory requirements is to be fluent in English.

We're sad to hear about your meal experience while staying with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. We do take guest feedback seriously and I have noted your comments on your room service experience. We have very stringent food & beverage procedures in terms of thorough food preparation and inspection before service by the Head Chef. Accept my sincere apologies. This is definitely not in line with our brand standards and be assured that I have personally taken corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn't occur again.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you.

Secaucus, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We arrived a day before our safari so we picked this hotel based on reviews. Although, we booked the hotel for a night, we wanted to check in early hours around 5ish and leave the next day around 7. We booked a double bedroom and when we reached on the morning around 5 on the day, there were no rooms available of the kind we booked but they were nice to give us an apartment. The apartment was in an old building and didn't have any temperature control, though had a living room, kitchen and a bedroom. We preferred to shift into the room we booked later in the day and they accommodated it. The regular rooms are in a newer building so have better facilities. The breakfast buffet was also good.

Overall it was a good experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized consideration given to you. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Our apartments offer high quality living standards for guests who opt to enjoy a home away from home experience. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a fantastic stay in this beautiful hotel after a long & very hot safiri, the view over the city is magnificent, if possible get a room over the front door gives the best out look for the city lights.
The staff are just what you would expect in a hotel of this quality, its cool clean & very friendly.

Room Tip: Front of hotel & as high as you can get to get a beautiful view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm excited to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the magnificent view of the city from your guest room! It's also great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the cool and clean atmosphere and friendly staff. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Kusatsu, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had 4 nights at Sarova Panafric Hotel recently and I would say I had good time. Their breakfast was good and staff are friendly.
The reason I only gave 3 stars are due to the followings;
1) When I wanted to chill out and relax at the swimming pool around noon, a guy started cleaning the entire swimming pool at 12 pm, even the notice board says "swimming pool opens 10am to 5 pm". I could not believe that a hotel charges you more than USD 100/night does such a thing! I had to wait for 30 mns to get into the pool but the water was not clean either. in addition, they place too many chairs and table for the pool restaurant and you will have tens of people star at you while you swim. So, I did not really enjoy the swimming pool.
2) The door is so thin that you hear a lot of noise from the corridor or outside. A house keeping started at 7 am and I could hear all the bell sounds and "house keeping!" voice so had to wake up even I was tired and wanted to sleep in.
3) You pay extra for their taxi services (compared to the normal but trustable taxi) so better to find a taxi driver by yourself and ask the driver to come to the hotel.
4) Their TV setting was wrong and I could not see people's heads on a screen....

So, if I think of the money I paid, it is just an average hotel. But you can relax and the room is clean!

Room Tip: No Fitness centre/gym. Room by the swimming pool is noisy at night cos there is a pool bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding and its great to note that you found our staff friendly, breakfast good and clean rooms. We're sad to hear about your pool and room experience while staying with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. Apologies for the mishap in this regards. Our pool cleaning hours are from 6am - 8am and therefore, you are quite right that the pool should never be cleaned while guests are using it. A policy we uphold dearly. Please note that this is not in accordance to our standards and I have personally taken up corrective action on the same to ensure it doesn’t occur again. We have very stringent housekeeping procedures in terms of the sensitivity of guest areas while carrying out their morning cleaning. Accept my sincere apologies about this issue.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!