“Elegant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Long Eaton, United Kingdom
“Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a fantastic stay in this beautiful hotel after a long & very hot safiri, the view over the city is magnificent, if possible get a room over the front door gives the best out look for the city lights.
The staff are just what you would expect in a hotel of this quality, its cool clean & very friendly.

Room Tip: Front of hotel & as high as you can get to get a beautiful view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I'm excited to read that you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the magnificent view of the city from your guest room! It's also great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the cool and clean atmosphere and friendly staff. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Kusatsu, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had 4 nights at Sarova Panafric Hotel recently and I would say I had good time. Their breakfast was good and staff are friendly.
The reason I only gave 3 stars are due to the followings;
1) When I wanted to chill out and relax at the swimming pool around noon, a guy started cleaning the entire swimming pool at 12 pm, even the notice board says "swimming pool opens 10am to 5 pm". I could not believe that a hotel charges you more than USD 100/night does such a thing! I had to wait for 30 mns to get into the pool but the water was not clean either. in addition, they place too many chairs and table for the pool restaurant and you will have tens of people star at you while you swim. So, I did not really enjoy the swimming pool.
2) The door is so thin that you hear a lot of noise from the corridor or outside. A house keeping started at 7 am and I could hear all the bell sounds and "house keeping!" voice so had to wake up even I was tired and wanted to sleep in.
3) You pay extra for their taxi services (compared to the normal but trustable taxi) so better to find a taxi driver by yourself and ask the driver to come to the hotel.
4) Their TV setting was wrong and I could not see people's heads on a screen....

So, if I think of the money I paid, it is just an average hotel. But you can relax and the room is clean!

Room Tip: No Fitness centre/gym. Room by the swimming pool is noisy at night cos there is a pool bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding and its great to note that you found our staff friendly, breakfast good and clean rooms. We're sad to hear about your pool and room experience while staying with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. Apologies for the mishap in this regards. Our pool cleaning hours are from 6am - 8am and therefore, you are quite right that the pool should never be cleaned while guests are using it. A policy we uphold dearly. Please note that this is not in accordance to our standards and I have personally taken up corrective action on the same to ensure it doesn’t occur again. We have very stringent housekeeping procedures in terms of the sensitivity of guest areas while carrying out their morning cleaning. Accept my sincere apologies about this issue.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here different nights at the start and end of our safari adventures in August. While the rooms at first glance can seem a little dated to what we are used to, they were clean and very comfortable. All the staff were extremely helpful and happy, all meals in the Flame restaurant were very good. Felt very secure as well. There is a large pool if you need to unwind and pretty gardens surround.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle,

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the clean and comfortable atmosphere, extremely helpful and happy staff. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed all your meals at the Flame Tree Restaurant and got to unwind in our large pool around the pretty gardens. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stay away from concierge! First, I wanted to do a day trip to Nairobi National Park. Concierge told me it would be $100 USD and they would arrange it. Later, they said it was $100 plus a $10 entry fee. The next day, they told me it was $150, but that they could give me a special price of $140. I have lived and worked in Africa for many years, and I'm quite accustomed to this type of negotiation "shakedown." However, I did not expect this from an international corporate hotel chain! I ended up arranging the tour with an independent tour company just because I was so frustrated with concierge and their changing story. The next day I was leaving to catch a flight to the airport. Concierge told me they would arrange for my shuttle service at a rate of $40 USD. I told them that was an outrageous price. They changed it to $30. I could not understand - again - why any international corporate hotel chain would not have standard prices, and this was overpriced. I told them I would just like a taxi and that I did not need their shuttle service. They told me I had to use the shuttle service and that I could not use a taxi. They refused to call me a taxi!!! I called an independent taxi on my own, which was not permitted to come to the lobby area. I had to go to the petrol station next door. I paid $20 USD..and with a taxi company that the concierge had called for me before! Furthermore, the beds were hard as a rock, the WIFI did not work in my room, and the hotel was overpriced for the quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. We're sad to hear about your concierge experience while staying with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. My sincere apologies for the miscommunication in regards to your day trip to the National Park. Our official charges for a day trip to the National Park as at 2013 are $40 for the park entry fee and $150 for the transport therefore summing up to $190 per person. However, we do have group discounts which can be arranged in advance. Please note that this misrepresentation of information is not in accordance to our front office and overall hotel standards and I have personally taken up corrective action on the same to ensure it doesn’t occur again. Once again, my sincere apologies for this incident.

Lechlade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Always enjoy staying at the Panafric. It has a lovely atmosphere, and the staff are friendly and welcoming. The restaurant and pool area have a holiday atmosphere. The menu is extensive, and the food is really tasty. Breakfast is a wonderful self service buffet, with a vast array of different choices. The hotel is clean, and well appointed.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the road are noisy through the night. I changed room after the first night, and the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Steve,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the lovely atmosphere, friendly and welcoming staff. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Rijsbergen, Ne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Although a bit worn out still one of the ' best value for money' in Nairobi and easily accessible! Ample free parking and a good and well serviced restaurant. No time to check the pool! Ask a back side room because of Nairobi traffic noise starting early morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am elated to read that you find it 'Best Value for Money'. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here 27th July with my 3 kids in two rooms...and they were good value by Nairobi standards (about £170 total). The pool is pretty big and a great refreshing way to finish off a week's travelling around the Rift valley. We wanted to relax for a night before flying off to Zanzibar, and this was a good choice. The staff were dead friendly, mighty cheerful security staff on each floor (even if they all seem to support Man U) we had a good chow-up in the restaurant, and a big breakfast the next day. As we had a bit of time to kill before the afternoon flight, we walked into town through Uhuru park, which was full of families and church goers (it was indeed a Sunday...), and went into the market near the Law Courts. You'd be best advised to get a good idea of what things cost before you go there, as the start price for those lads is about 10* what is fair ! But hey...a spot of bartering is fine for all. I left a bag here to pick up a week later, and the chaps were fine with that...very helpful.
Watch out for the 'we can help you get a taxi' malarky..sure they can, and charge one time big prices...$60 USD to get to the airport...however, if I had been a bit more awake I could easily have dealt with that on our Sunday walk by getting some chap in town to come and pick us up to get to the airport...for about 1/2 that, methinks. Ah well...it was a good stay, and I'd recommend the hotel. We stayed in 3 (this one, Ole Sereni and Sarova Stanley...and this one came a near second (after the Stanley).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you found the staff dead friendly, mighty cheerful. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed our prime location, rooms as well as the breakfast selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!