“Truly Superb - Look no further” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Seasonal Promotion $173
Ranked #20 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Bath, United Kingdom
“Truly Superb - Look no further”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

AIRPORT COLLECTION:

Given the fact that the international airport had had a serious fire about a week before my collection, I was slightly nervous about the efficiency of the airport and the likelihood of me catching up with my Apple pickup. I needn’t have worried and the collection went perfectly take me down to the hotel for $40 which was added to my bill

HOTEL WELCOME:
As soon as I got out of the car, I was warmly greeted by management and reception colleagues even though it was around 11 PM. Importantly, I was greeted by name! Very impressive start to my trip

ROOM:

I was amazed an extremely grateful to have been upgraded to a beautiful suite which was overlooking the city of Nairobi on the 6 floor. There are, complimentary chocolates and fruit together with tea and coffee making facilities and freshwater which was replenished each day. There is well serviced minibar which isn’t ridiculously expensive either.
Each night, whoever was change my room down while stressing it with an animal made up and sprinkled with petals-very five-star. Boniface would arrive each evening to turn the rundown preparing for the night and was very engaging, very polite and seemed very proud of his position.
On each floor there is also a friendly security officer who is on duty 24 hours a day. The room was exceptionally comfortable-meticulously clean with flat screen TVs both in my lounge and bedroom and there was great viewing with the South African equivalent of sky, namely DSTV - no complaints-exceptional

DINING:

Breakfast was an array of all that you would expect from a hotel at this with great coffee and great food and great service. The staff also go the extra mile and always see things like “how did you sleep”-you really feel a part of the place. For dinner, I have the same everyday which I know is boring but I know what I like-tenderloin steak, medium with spinach.
Superb and at the end of each meal a questionnaire is given to you and introduce that they really want to keep the service standards high and appreciate valuable positive and negative feedback. Whilst I was there someone was also celebrating a birthday and they made a real fuss of them which was great

CLEANLINESS:

This hotel is spotlessly clean throughout-it’s a thankless task but one that is vitally important for any hotel

STAFF:

Throughout my stay I was most impressed by all the staff who were highly engaging and friendly

AMENITIES:

Okay-there isn’t a gym but I can live with that for a few days especially considering that there is a large outside swimming pool. Although this officially opens at 10 AM, I was swimming at 7:30 AM, at my own risk! This didn’t seem to be a problem.

CHECK OUT:

Despite me checking out at 5 AM, the staff were sharp and very polished. They recognised to I was straightaway and also invited me to visit the breakfast bar ahead of my pending departure at 5:15 AM. To my absolute amazement, breakfast was already fully set up and the staff were well prepared offering me anything I wanted and even coffee.

SUMMARY:

I have been visiting Nairobi since 1993 and I have finally found a place that I think I will probably stay from now on. The hotel is conveniently located, far away from the CBD to be peaceful but also well communicated and only five minutes from town by taxi. Importantly, there is very good parking, security and you really feel like you are at home and a welcome part of the establishment.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel again and I very much look forward to going there once again hopefully in November.

Thank you and well done to everyone who made my stay so enjoyable and I hope the above is a good reflection of what can only to be described as a perfect visit.

Thanks to Bevaline, Linda, Boniface and a lovely ladies/gents in the restaurant who always welcome me as if I was a long lost friend or family member. Thank you so much.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized touch in our service and engaging and friendly staff. Our friendly staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed the airport pick up, beautiful suite experience, extensive breakfast, cleanliness of the hotel and your overall experience. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again soon.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at Sarova Panafric for one night on my way through from Amboseli NP to the Masai Mara. The hotel is very good for that type of stay - the staff are friendly, most things are no fuss, the rooms are adequate (though I did have to call housekeeping for towels); the security is goo and the restaurant downstairs was really nice. It was pretty much exactly what you want from this sort of hotel - I'd have no problems recommending it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, August 28, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized touch in our service. Our friendly and attentive staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed our good security, as well as the meal selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant. It is great that your experience is exactly what you wanted from us and we were able to meet your expectations. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I was in Nairobi last monday for a few meetings. I stopped off at Panafric from the airport. The breakfast was great with the coffee outstanding. I like my medium roast coffee and your waiter recommended the breakfast coffee. I am a bit of a coffee snob and i must say i absolutely loved the full bodied medium acidity coffee that was served. The aroma and flavour was outstanding. Please advise where i can get this coffee from....i would really appreciate it. A big fan of Kenyan coffee now!

Stayed August 2013
Dear Kaval,

We're happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to make your breakfast experience at the Flame Tree Restaurant exceptional.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you experienced fabulous Kenyan hospitality with us. Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. We’re also elated to read that our coffee topped up your dining experience. We understand the importance of offering high grade coffee especially for our coffee-lover clients and ensure we serve excellently brewed coffee. We definitely are happy to recommend our Coffee which you can also purchase from the Flame Tree Restaurant.
• Espresso (Beans/Fine Grind): KES 700
• Gourmet (Beans/Medium Grind): KES 900

Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived early for check-in after the flight but was quite happy to wait, grab a coffee and some breakfast. I found out the next day that the breakfast had cost me over $50 for 2 people (buffet breakfast)...which when queried....staff seem to think that that's cheap.....I felt a bit ripped off....you can eat lobster in london for that price....but I'll let you be the judge of that.
In the centre of town, decent place with nice rooms.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Graham,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric. Our friendly and attentive staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. We have noted your concern on the breakfast costing, however, the Flame Tree Restaurant prides itself in having the best English buffet breakfast offerings in the city with an array of selection. I am more than certain the commendations on the breakfast as seen on the Trip Advisor reviews show the value for money. Having said this, we like to encourage our clients to inquire on the price of the various service offerings we provide, prior to consumption. This most definitely hinders any misunderstanding or surprises.

Thank you for your feedback and we definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

At around 25-30 minutes from Jomo Kenyatta Airport, the Sarova Panafric is a reasonably well situated hotel, suitable for a 24 hour stay when in transit (like mine), or an extended trip to the city. The cost per night (when booking in advance) is moderately inexpensive and I was welcomed at the door, after a long flight, by an extremely polite concierge who handed me warm face wipes and a cold apple twist.

The staff were friendly and attentive, both at check in and at the bar and the room was exceptionally clean offering free tea/coffee. The menu is considerably varied (although I did not eat in the restaurant the food looked good) and the relaxed bar offers an array of beers, wine and spirits including cold bottles of Tusker. A swimming pool, WiFi and various other mod-cons are available but the attraction of this accommodation is its cleanliness, location and helpful staff.

Airport tip: Remember to go to the taxi desk situated at the right hand side of the main exit after collecting luggage from the carousel. There, a representative should tell you the price of the taxi journey to your hotel and physically walk you to a registered cab. Nairobi airport can be edgy at night but being mugged or ripped off can be completely avoided by following this process, as I had a thoroughly pleasant experience befriending “Danson”, my trusted Kenyan taxi driver.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, August 27, 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized touch in our service. Our friendly and attentive staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed our prime location, the meal selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant as well as our relaxed bar. It is great that you had a thoroughly pleasant experience and we're happy you enjoyed the experience. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Once you enter the Sarova Panafric Hotel, you get the sense like you are the only guest in the hotel because you are pampered by first being offered a glass of fresh juice as you check in! Once you open the room door, you are ushered into a well lit, well decorated room with beautiful wall hangings and an equally well made bed! The bedding are clean, the bathroom is executive looking and the shower curtain lacks the mold at the bottom that is a characteristic of most hotels. Everything seems new, from the towels, the sleeping gown, the cozy slippers and if not new, then well maintained. There at your disposal is the iron box, and a hot water kettle with an assortment of coffee and tea bags for those who fancy a night cup, and for the cold night, there is an air conditioner which you can set to the desired temperature. The restaurant has a vast menu which ranges from the good old fashioned steak to seafood. The staff are very friendly and warm and eager to assist in any way. Room service is 24hr and the security is impeccable, as there is a guard on every floor! If you are looking for a place to unwind and hide from the world, then The Sarova Panafric is the place to go! We found nothing there that was out of place and when we went down for breakfast, we found "a feast meant for Kings" in the breakfast buffet! One just has to try it out to get the full experience! Here, Sarova have outdone themselves!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized touch in our service. Our wonderful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed your room experience, and the meal selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant. We have passed on your feedback to the entire team and the chef especially is excited that you found our breakfast "a feast meant for Kings". Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Sarova Panafric the night before our safari and the night we returned. It was a nice touch that the staff at reception recognised us and welcomed us back from our safari. Our first night we stayed in the 'budget' part of the hotel which was a little worn and old - with no apparent lock on the balcony door. Our second night was in an executive suite which was much nicer and more comfortable. The restaurant has great food and wine (watch out because the wine is fairly pricey) and really friendly service. The hotel is about 20 mins away from the airport and about half that time into the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Cass & Paul,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized touch in our service. Our wonderful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, making your stay with us great. I'm excited to read that you enjoyed our prime location, and the meal selection offered at the Flame Tree Restaurant. We have noted your feedback on the rooms and these are projected to be renovated in the next phase. It is however great that you got to experience our new executive suite and we're happy you enjoyed the experience. Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric and share your positive Sarova Panafric experiences with the rest of the world.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!