“Breakfast meeting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
London
“Breakfast meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a breakfast meeting on friday morning at the Flame Tree Restaurant. My american colleagues and I had a fabulous Kenyan hospitality experience. The breakfast was very good and the service exceptional. This was all top off by the amazing coffee we had. I am more of a filter coffee man but my american colleagues like their espresso, cappuccino and latte - all of which were exceptional! Can you please let me know who the supplier of coffee is as my colleagues have asked me to buy some to take back to America! Thanks for the experience!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Peter,

We're happy to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that we were able to make your breakfast experience at the Flame Tree Restaurant exceptional.

It's great that you selected Sarova Panafric and I am glad to read that you experienced fabulous Kenyan hospitality with us. Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. We’re also elated to read that our coffee topped up your dining experience. We understand the importance of offering high grade coffee especially for our coffee-lover clients and ensure we serve excellently brewed coffee. We definitely are happy to recommend the Safari Lounge Coffee which you can also purchase from the Flame Tree Restaurant.
• Espresso (Beans/Fine Grind): KES 700
• Gourmet (Beans/Medium Grind): KES 900

Please feel free to join our online conversation and stay updated on what's happening by following us on Twitter @sarovapanafric. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Larnaka, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been a very loyal customer of Panafric over the past 4 years. I have stayed there over 10 times.
Many of the staff that made the stay so enjoyable have been moved on to other branches of the hotel chain and not been replaced to the same standard.
Stiil the housekeping staff on the 6th floor are very good. Rachel contunues to be the star of the show and they keep my room spotless and always accomodate me if I need anything extra, such as water or shower gels. Eunice and Augustine were sorely missed however
The girls in the business centre are so polite and very helpful.
The restaurant was the biggest let down, for me.
I would always dine there on at least half the nights of my stay but this time only the first night.
The food and service of Roy and Annritsa, were a joy but now the staff seem to have very little character apart from the ladies who welcome you in to the restaurant.
They have totally changed the menu removing some of my favourite items such as the tomato and basil soup. The worst thing is that they have now decided to add a service charge for food and also service charge for drinks, which takes the final bill up by a lot.
It MUST be my choice if I leave a tip or not. It is not the hotels choice to charge me. The tips the customers used to leave was shared by the staff but now the management tell me that the staff see nothing of the serrvice charges. That is awful.
I sat at the bar with a client and ordered a passion juice and a beer. I was staggered to see I was charged both food service charge and also beverage service charge. When I asked why I was told they they don't stock juices in the bar and they got them frrom the restaurant so I had to pay both charges. Madness. it got worse when I stopped on my way in to take a cake back to my room. You should never charge service charge for take away food but they did.
On checking out out I was charged 200USD per night but my invoice showed 180USD. I had to open my laptop to prove it and was told that from now on I will be charged 200USD.
I am afraid I will try somewhere else from now on. It used to be so good.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms for pool view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. We're sad to hear about your latest experience while staying with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action and appreciate every guest feedback and always strive to continuously provide excellent and up to date facilities that are suitable to guest needs. We recently revamped the Flame Tree Restaurant menu in order to offer to our guests a variety of dishes. Therefore, we have noted your feedback on some of the menu items and we shall look into it.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you and for you to enjoy our good facilities, excellent restaurant and amazing staff.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was my 3rd visit to this hotel over a period of 4 years and it seems to get better each time. The staff have become my friends and look after me as though I am family. Nothing is too much trouble and everything is done with a smile.
I should mention in particular, Monica (Restaurant Hostess), Lynnette, Lena, Yula 'Dr Benson' Jane, Judith, and all those who helped make my stay a pleasure. My apologies for forgetting so many names but they know who I mean.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you have now clocked your third stay with us and enjoyed every element of your stay but above all, we’re elated that you have constantly enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great and we're happy to hear Monica, Lynnette, Lena, Yula, 'Dr Benson', Jane, and Judith were of great help. I have shared your commendation with the team and they do appreciate. Please feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us.

Nyeri, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Over the last 10 years I probably stayed at least once a year in The Panafric and it was a sometimes a mixed experience but the last 3 years they have done a lot of renovations, new bathrooms, nee reception, very good conference and meeting facilities etc. This time I stayed just for 1 night on a business trip and I noticed that since my visit last year they improved the handling in the reception and everything including the credit card processing went very quick and smooth. The rooms are just fine, quite big good bed , good shower with lots of hot water and a new and pleasant surprise was the free WiFi and although some people complain a bit about the noise, I had a room on the 5th floor and love the view of the Nairobi Central business district . What I find very important in a hotel is the breakfast and the buffet in Panafric is simply excellent. The cooks prepare for you any type of eggs and omelettes, there is plenty of choice of fresh juices, Mango, Passion, Pineapple , Orange etc lots of hot food dishes, tomatoes, vegetables several variations of hot potatoes, indian curries etc, but also nice croissants, fruits muesli . The location is also very nice, the hotel has a good feeling, Friendly and professional staff and because of the meeting facilities they have a lot of conferences and if you keep your eyes open you will always see one or more politicians or other local celebrities around. The Panafric is simply one of the better places to stay in Nairobi especially if your not ready to pay for a 5* hotel but still want to stay in a hotel that gives you a big city feeling

Room Tip: My Advise : ask for a hotel on the front side on one of the top floors 4 and up and enjoy the view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Eugene,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional friendly and professional customer service, great room and conferencing facilities, complimentary Wi-Fi and excellent breakfast spread. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. Please feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us.

Do feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us. You can also join our online Sarova panafric family and get to stay updated on what's happening through our Twitter profile @sarovapanafric.

Thank you for your commendation and we appreciate each word.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Hilton, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had a really pleasant stay at Sarova Panafric in Nairobi. I was there for work, and not for pleasure. It didn't strike me as somewhere I would want to go on holiday - but the hotel was very clean, and the staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. I imagine it would work well as a base to travel to other parts of Nairobi.
Our conference venue was also well equipped and the staff were efficient and helpful, although we were downgraded into a smaller venue which was not ideal.
I was especially impressed with the connectivity and the staff at the Business Centre.
The only downside was how expensive the restaurant was and how much noise from the kitchens travelled up to the rooms, seemingly all night!
My porter Kevin was especially awesome and helpful! I would have had a disaster on my hands, as I had no adaptor to fit the plug - and he sorted out a new room for me that had the right plus, so I was really grateful!

Room Tip: I would say that staying on a higher floor might be a good idea, to avoid the noise from the kitchen...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Hayley,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great and we're happy to hear Kevin was of great help. Thank you for your feedback on the noise from the kitchen. We greatly apologize for that and I have personally taken up the issue in order to ensure it doesn't recur. Please feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I came from South Sudan. Yet I had been to many other cities in Asia and Europe before that.
The management is so good in following to the procedures for security, e.g. no place is unattended without specially appointed sentry, entrance security check is serious, not a show.
Mess Hall service is prompt and timely and friendly. When I ask for any help, they are very attentive and helpful. RM 427

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide friendly, warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your feedback on the security. We strive to provide top security measures to ensure our guests' stay is flawless. Please feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us.

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Beeing norwegian, the first thing that stroke me at Sarova was how many people who worked there to provide good service for the guests. The hotel`s location is nice and central. The security at the hotel seemed good, yet the guard were friendly and didn`t appear scary at all to the guests. When we arrived we were lucky to get upgraded to a junior suite, due to a mix up in the booking. The suite was nice and big, well decorated and seemed clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed every element of your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your feedback on the security. We do take our guest safety very seriously and always strive to provide a safe haven through continuous security developments. Please feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!