“'Great Business Venue'” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“'Great Business Venue'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

In view of a business location for meetings, i think Panafric stands out. Very hospitable and great service . I would like to appreciate the conference organisational team led by Mr. Kimondo and Mr. Buluma who work tirelessly to ensure that guests are comfortable and have their items safe.The team is very ready to assist and are very flexible and courteous.

The food provides a variety and the rooms are good but could be better. The hotel also provides a good ambience for guests.

Thank you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Betut,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that our highly skilled team, Joseph Kimondo and Joseph Buluma, was of great assistance and were able to enhance your conference experience with us. This is definitely a top priority for all our guests. Do feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us. You can also join our online Sarova panafric family and get to stay updated on what's happening through our Twitter profile @sarovapanafric.

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is situated in a good location down-town Nairobi. I have been here several times but their service and pricing lacks consistency. Room designs are good but don't fall for the drinks in the room because they on a different tab which they don't disclose until you go to check out. Great breakfast arrangement, but we were disappointed by roaches crawling over the food.

Room Tip: Shop around for better value
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Sarova Panafric. We do appreciate your feedback.

Sarova Panafric is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their stay is exceeding. We're sad to hear about your stay with us. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up corrective action. I am surprised to hear about the roaches in food as we have very stringent food and beverage standards that enable us offer our guests excellent, hygienic meals. Please be assured that I have personally taken corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn't occur again. Accept my sincere apologies. Please note that every room has a mini bar charge sheet placed right above the mini bar to advice guests on prices of items stocked. This is also mentioned by our Guest Relations Officers to all guests. I'm certain the next time you visit, you will not face the same issue.

I do hope the next time your travels bring you to Nairobi, you will return to Sarova Panafric and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you and for you to enjoy our good facilities, excellent restaurant and amazing staff.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have had 2 excellent nights at the Sarova with no complaints. The room was of a good size and clean, the ground floor restaurant facilities are excellent. A special mention to my room attendant Joseph Muronto who always greeted me with a smile and was curtious at all times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Russell,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that our highly skilled Guest Room Attendant, Joseph, was of great assistance.

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent only 2 days for business related work, Internet doesn't work properly reset it every 10-15 min. Food is average, I took a corner table for dinner...I am surprised there were cockroaches roaming around. No taste in food. Only breakfast is lil better. Television don't have clear picture...
Its an average hotel, if you want to save money then go for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Akhil,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is also notable that you appreciated the breakfast at our flagship restaurant, Flame Tree Restaurant. With the notable ever-changing client needs, we continue to strive in providing exceptional service not only through our highly skilled and trained associates but also through improvements in the physical evidence of the hotels. Thank you for your feedback on the TVs in our entry category rooms, the Superior rooms. Having new plasma TVs in the Superior rooms is no exception and be rest assured that this has been taken into consideration during the next renovation phase.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I spent some time in this hotel for work from October 2012 to January 2013.
The rooms are comfortable. Some of them - I think they are on the executive floor - are newly renovated so they should be recommended.
The personal at the hotel is very very friendly. Sure things are sometimes a little bit slow but this is Africa!
The breakfast buffet is good and the restaurant in general is quite fine.
However the menu is limited so when you stay a while like I did...at the end you eat always the same...
But all in all I felt very good in this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the executive floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that you found our newly renovated Executive Rooms comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast at the fine Flame Tree Restaurant. We do take guest feedback seriously and please note that we have noted your feedback on the menu spread and shared with the team. Do feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us. You can also join our Sarova panafric family and get to stay updated on what's happening on our Twitter profile @sarovapanafric.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here a while ago now but the service I received during my stay has really stuck in my mind. I was a solo traveller staying at the Panafric for a couple of nights before I went on Safari. I hadn't planned anything for my time in Nairobi because it was the first time I had travelled by myself and I didn't feel comfortable venturing out on my own.
I was rather nervous about my whole trip actually but from the moment I arrived at Panafric I felt right at home everyone was so warm and welcoming. I would like to give a mention to Christopher the porter who looked after me from the moment I arrived he organised a few day trips for me to the giraffe park, elephant orphanage and the museum I was really grateful for this because I would have otherwise spent the time in my room doing nothing.
I would also like to give a special mention to the bar staff who made me some amazing cocktails I am pretty sure I almost had one of everything before I left.
The customer service at this hotel is the best I have experienced in a very long time, whenever I asked for something no matter how big or small the answer from the staff was "no problem". I would easily say staying at the Panafric was the one of the highlights of my trip.
If I had to say something negative about the hotel (which I am finding very hard to do) it would be that it needs a fitness centre but that is all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Joe,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that our highly skilled concierge, Christopher, was of great assistance and was able to arrange for you interesting activities throughout your stay. This is definitely a top priority for all our guests. We're excited that you had a chance to try our mean cocktails! Our trained mixologists just completed an intense training on the same and I'm glad that you got the opportunity to enjoy their polished skills. Next time we hope you'll have time to try out our Steak Fridays, Wednesday Jazz and the Tulia Spa.

We do take guest feedback seriously and please note that we have taken into consideration your feedback on the fitness center. Do feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us. You can also join our online Sarova panafric family and get to stay updated on what's happening through our Twitter profile @sarovapanafric.

South Hedland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is great, the service is good and the locality to CBD is good but they seriously need to have a fitness centre in the hotel or surrounding area. Customer service is excellent as well. Hotel needs a wider range or change restaurant menu as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We're excited to note that you enjoyed your stay at Sarova Panafric, and enjoyed everything about the hotel from the excellent services. Most importantly, it’s great to note that you experienced excellent service during your stay. Thank you for your feedback on the fitness center and restaurant's menu. We take guest feedback seriously and please be assured that this has been taken into consideration especially for the next renovation phase. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests in order to make your stay with us great.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Please feel free to let me know about your next visit to Sarova Panafric. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!