“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have had 2 excellent nights at the Sarova with no complaints. The room was of a good size and clean, the ground floor restaurant facilities are excellent. A special mention to my room attendant Joseph Muronto who always greeted me with a smile and was curtious at all times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Russell,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that our highly skilled Guest Room Attendant, Joseph, was of great assistance.

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I spent only 2 days for business related work, Internet doesn't work properly reset it every 10-15 min. Food is average, I took a corner table for dinner...I am surprised there were cockroaches roaming around. No taste in food. Only breakfast is lil better. Television don't have clear picture...
Its an average hotel, if you want to save money then go for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Akhil,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is also notable that you appreciated the breakfast at our flagship restaurant, Flame Tree Restaurant. With the notable ever-changing client needs, we continue to strive in providing exceptional service not only through our highly skilled and trained associates but also through improvements in the physical evidence of the hotels. Thank you for your feedback on the TVs in our entry category rooms, the Superior rooms. Having new plasma TVs in the Superior rooms is no exception and be rest assured that this has been taken into consideration during the next renovation phase.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I spent some time in this hotel for work from October 2012 to January 2013.
The rooms are comfortable. Some of them - I think they are on the executive floor - are newly renovated so they should be recommended.
The personal at the hotel is very very friendly. Sure things are sometimes a little bit slow but this is Africa!
The breakfast buffet is good and the restaurant in general is quite fine.
However the menu is limited so when you stay a while like I did...at the end you eat always the same...
But all in all I felt very good in this hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for the executive floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that you found our newly renovated Executive Rooms comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast at the fine Flame Tree Restaurant. We do take guest feedback seriously and please note that we have noted your feedback on the menu spread and shared with the team. Do feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us. You can also join our Sarova panafric family and get to stay updated on what's happening on our Twitter profile @sarovapanafric.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed here a while ago now but the service I received during my stay has really stuck in my mind. I was a solo traveller staying at the Panafric for a couple of nights before I went on Safari. I hadn't planned anything for my time in Nairobi because it was the first time I had travelled by myself and I didn't feel comfortable venturing out on my own.
I was rather nervous about my whole trip actually but from the moment I arrived at Panafric I felt right at home everyone was so warm and welcoming. I would like to give a mention to Christopher the porter who looked after me from the moment I arrived he organised a few day trips for me to the giraffe park, elephant orphanage and the museum I was really grateful for this because I would have otherwise spent the time in my room doing nothing.
I would also like to give a special mention to the bar staff who made me some amazing cocktails I am pretty sure I almost had one of everything before I left.
The customer service at this hotel is the best I have experienced in a very long time, whenever I asked for something no matter how big or small the answer from the staff was "no problem". I would easily say staying at the Panafric was the one of the highlights of my trip.
If I had to say something negative about the hotel (which I am finding very hard to do) it would be that it needs a fitness centre but that is all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Joe,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We’re ecstatic to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but above all, we’re elated that you enjoyed exceptional customer service. Our staff strives to provide warm, welcoming service always, and making your stay with us great. We are also pleased to note that our highly skilled concierge, Christopher, was of great assistance and was able to arrange for you interesting activities throughout your stay. This is definitely a top priority for all our guests. We're excited that you had a chance to try our mean cocktails! Our trained mixologists just completed an intense training on the same and I'm glad that you got the opportunity to enjoy their polished skills. Next time we hope you'll have time to try out our Steak Fridays, Wednesday Jazz and the Tulia Spa.

We do take guest feedback seriously and please note that we have taken into consideration your feedback on the fitness center. Do feel free to contact us, in case of anything, the next time you'll be visiting as we always strive to make your stay better with us. You can also join our online Sarova panafric family and get to stay updated on what's happening through our Twitter profile @sarovapanafric.

South Hedland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is great, the service is good and the locality to CBD is good but they seriously need to have a fitness centre in the hotel or surrounding area. Customer service is excellent as well. Hotel needs a wider range or change restaurant menu as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Anthony N, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We're excited to note that you enjoyed your stay at Sarova Panafric, and enjoyed everything about the hotel from the excellent services. Most importantly, it’s great to note that you experienced excellent service during your stay. Thank you for your feedback on the fitness center and restaurant's menu. We take guest feedback seriously and please be assured that this has been taken into consideration especially for the next renovation phase. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests in order to make your stay with us great.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Please feel free to let me know about your next visit to Sarova Panafric. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

An overall very enjoyable experience.
A warm and competent welcome at the reception, friendly and attentive staff make you feel good from the beginning. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean (the TVs might need replacement by flat screens soon and the choice of channels and quality of reception could be improved). A very decent restaurant and cosy bar complete the picture.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We're happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at Sarova Panafric, but most importantly, the warm, friendly and attentive service provided to you. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests in order to make your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation on upgrading the TVs in the entry category rooms. We take guest feedback seriously and note that this is projected in the next renovation phase which we'll be sure to inform you once commenced.

Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was on a business trip to Kenya and stayed at the Sorova Panafric. The decor is modern and the hotel very inviting. Security is ample with checks at the door and a guard on every floor. Check-in was quick and the staff overall was very friendly. I believe the refurbished rooms are very modern, but I opted to stay in one of the older rooms as I wanted a smoking room. So no fault of the hotel here. Still the room offered everything I required. It was clean, with a comfortable bed and stocked minibar. The bathroom was good, maybe a bit small. However the water pressure was low at times, especially warm water in the morning. I have stayed at other hotels in Nairobi, and even with a few small issues the Panafric is still one of the best choices around. Wifi was excellent in my room (1st floor) and in the lobby.
At the same time I will also review the Flametree Restaurant. Just a word of advice - unlike a lot of other countries, Kenya does not show taxes to their menu list prices. This can add up to around an extra 28%, so for the budget conscious traveler this is adds additional third to your total bill. Breakfast was good with all the normal foods. Service was slow at times and they did get my order wrong once – but there is great manager working here by the name of Galgalo – he will sort out any issues very quickly. All in all the quality of food was very good and the prices justified for Nairobi. I used both the restaurant and room service - quality of food the same and service quick.
I will recommend this hotel any day for visitors to Nairobi. The traffic can be crazy at times, but the Panafric was central enough for all my meetings and in a good location. Will definitely use them agin on my next trip to Kenya.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We're excited to note that you enjoyed your stay at Sarova Panafric, and enjoyed everything about the hotel. Most importantly, it’s great to note that you experienced excellent service during your stay and its great to note your appreciation for the food quality, prime location and newly refurbished rooms. Thank you for your feedback on the pressure water in your room. We greatly appreciate guest feedback and take all the actionable points seriously. Apologies for the slow service experienced. This is definitely not in accordance with our service standards and I'm glad to hear that the Flame Tree Restaurant Manager was able to help out with that. Please note that we also indicate and breakdown the government taxes at the bottom of all our menus so as to guide the client when purchasing. We strive to provide exceptional service to all our guests in order to make your stay with us great.

Sarova Panafric

Been to Sarova Panafric? Share your experiences!