“Good Location - Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Seasonal Promotion $173
Ranked #20 of 105 Hotels in Nairobi
Doha, Qatar
“Good Location - Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were greeted at the airport very late at night by the driver who drove us to the hotel. As we pulled up I could see they have taken security seriously. Once in the hotel we received the hot towels and juice that I saw another reviewer mention. Their hospitality was overwhelming. The room is nicely appointed and clean with a view of the city center on one side and a view of the garden on the other. The bed is a bit firm, but the bathroom is spacious and modern. Free internet has been very useful. The price was right and the quality of the food in the cafe' was very high quality. What a friendly and competent staff they appear to have.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
AnthonyNgunga, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your brilliant review from your stay with us in February.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Sarova Panafric and that everything was to the highest standard from your arrival experience through to your well furnished, comfortable and clean room and bathroom. I will be sharing your kind comments with my team and I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that they delivered an exceptional experience. Thank you, too, for your wonderful feedback about the quality of food in our Flame Tree restaurant and I am so pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations. Our Executive Chef and his team will be very pleased to note your comments. We pride ourselves in having top notch security systems in place so as to ensure safety to all our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Sarova Panafric again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sarova Panafric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Sarova Panafric would be fine for a short stay (i.e. a few nights) but there would be better options at this point if you stayed for a week or longer. Let me outline the reasons below.

My room was fine but the bathroom was poor. The shower basically consisted of a tap on the the end of a pipe over the bath - not what you expect for the price. Hence, the bathrooms are desperately seeking the renovation that is currently underway (it might be worth asking about this renovation upon booking and/or check-in).

That said, I can't complain about the rest of the room because it was clean, quiet and I had a great sleep every night. Hence my suggestion that the hotel if fine for a couple of nights.

Apart from the occasional long wait for food, the restaurant was very nice including breakfast, lunch and dinner. I recommend the pizzas.

Security was excellent and I felt very safe the whole time.

The upside for the hotel is that they have so much potential if and when the renovations (especially of the bathrooms!) is complete.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sarova Panafric on Trip Advisor.

I was encouraged to read that you found our hotel rooms to be very clean and comfortable. This is. We also appreciate your comments on our Flame Tree Restaurant’s meals and the security of the hotel. Sarova panafric prides itself in having the latest and top security systems that provide a safe & secure environment for all our guests and the hotel at large.

We apologize for the long wait for your food at the restaurant and like to guarantee you that this is not common practice. I have personally taken this up and implemented corrective action to make certain it won’t happen again. Through the intense renovations that are been carried out, I assure you that you’ll experience a much cozier and more comfortable accommodation experience the next time you come by.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Have stayed at the Panafric multiple times on work trips to or through Nairobi either for one night transfers or multiple night stays, and even for day room use (shower and meal) before heading to the airport. it is consistently a good choice for these purposes. This trip I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly (that was not always my experience on previous trips). The restaurant is always a nice and our meal before heading to the airport was excellent. The rooms are very clean and well equipped. I would think this hotel is a good location for business travel, but would always prefer the Fairview (although I understand their prices have become quite inflated).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
AnthonyNgunga, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback & taking time to post your comments on Sarova Panafric.

It is a pleasure to note how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to take this opportunity and thank you for your continuous stay with us at the Sarova Panafric. One of our key advantages is our prime location that provides our guests with convenience to carry out their activities within the city centre and amidst the busy environment, also provide them with a serene & tranquil environment, while at the hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, your meal at our Flame Tree Restaurant & that our Front line staff exceeded your expectation, they work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sarova Panafric when your next travels bring you to Nairobi.

Warm regards,

Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Nice rooms, with good bed, bath-room ok.
Food and drinks good quality.
Personnel friendly and giving hospitality.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lieuwe,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

There is no better compliment than knowing that our guests have had such a positive experience! We are flattered by your praise and will share your kind words to our staff. The Sarova Panafric is committed to making your stay truly exceptional and we are thrilled to know you agree.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Warm regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was at first hesitant to stay at this hotel after reading some average reviews. I am so glad I ended up staying here! I was greeted with great service as soon as I walked in the door. I was given a hot towel, and juice whilst checking in, which I greatly appreciated after being on safari! My room was very spacious and very clean, a huge balcony (no outdoor furniture though), and a fantastic shower!

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
AnthonyNgunga, General Manager at Sarova Panafric, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Vonnie,

Thank you for your great review!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Sarova Panafric after your safari. We strive to provide clean, spacious and above all, all the amenities a traveler would need to make their experience here with us exceptional. We are also committed to providing an unforgettable experience for our guests and we are more than delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations for your stay.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Sarova Panafric.

Sincerely

Windhoek, Namibia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night en route to Amboseli. The room was fine, quite small with an adequate bathroom. The decor was dated but renovations were being carried out in some areas of the hotel. The lobby had been refurbished but the dining area and pool side looked quite shabby.
Breakfast was buffet style with eggs made to order and fairly standard fare with a very poor fruit selection judging by all the fruit on sale throughout the country.
Dinner was fine and I must say the staff in the restaurant were very helpful and welcoming. The location was good if one wished to be close to the CBD.

Dear RJ,

Thank you for taking the time to review Sarova Panafric.

We are delighted to know that our staff were helpful and provided you with excellent service. I have reviewed your comments would like you to know that we do take all comments seriously and appreciate your feedback on the selection of fruits. As a management team, we value our guest’s experience and feedback and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any issues and improve upon our service standards. I assure you that the food & beverage manager is currently looking into our breakfast offerings to better suite our guests. About the renovations, as a matter of fact, the hotel continues to remodel and we have just completed updating the fifth guestroom floor of the hotel with the other two to be completed in the coming months. I’m sure the next time you visit, you’ll experience a much more comfortable accommodation experience to complement our first-rate amenities.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next visit to Nairobi.

Sincerely

Newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed at the Panafric for 3 nights before our safari. It was clean but in need of an upgrade.It was supposed to be superior room- I'd have my doubts about a standard one.Two nights would have been plenty in Nairobi- we ran out of things to do! We were able to walk up the main street into the city centre during the day but wouldn't attempt it at night. Our room was very noisy as there was a wedding on the outdoor area below our room on one night and a New Years Eve party on another. The place didn't seem full but the office staff didn't seem concerned when we mentioned our lack of sleep and didn't offer to move us.Also staying at the front of the hotel meant we had very bright blue lights hanging outside our window which made it even harder to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front of the hotel.