“Laico you will like it.” 4 of 5 stars

LAICO Regency Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uhuru Highway | City, Nairobi 00200, Kenya   |
Ranked #63 of 130 Hotels in Nairobi
Naivasha, Kenya
“Laico you will like it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I been there as a guest for quite number of times. The rooms are spacious n clean, Breakfast, lunch, dinner all are mouth watering n the shisha awesome. The location is uptown near the park n got a beautiful view. The heated swimming pool is wow plus the buffet in the atrium. There's also Karaoke nt on Fridays which is just amazing. Will keep coming back here, l love it n the staff r friendly apart. Thanks Laico Regency

• Stayed October 2013
Murage, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear FighaenRosita,

Thank you for sharing your reviews on the numerous visits to the hotel; it is always our pleasure to have clients return to enjoy our excellent services, and staff friendliness and professionalism.

Our location, combined with clean and spacious rooms next to the central park definitely provide a beautiful view, also visible from the heated swimming pool.
I am elated that you also enjoy our mouth watering variety of buffet breakfasts, daily themed buffet lunches at the Atrium Garden Restaurant, dinner options from either of our three restaurants and Café Maure – our shisha lounge.
I am definitely looking forward to seeing you weekly, as you sing your heart out at our Friday Karaoke nights.

Mr. Sobhi Dahan – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

On Oct. 24 we were checking in with my daughter to spend the last night in the hotel as we had been there a few days before and went on a safari and returned. Upon checking in we realized we had forgotten our passports, money and credit cards in the Masai Mara, distant five hours of travel. Our flight left in 8 hours. Immediately the Shift Manager, Mr. Josiah Mwendwa and his team made ​​a series of phone calls and diligently got the Mara Sopa lodge Manager send a trustworthy person and we received our documentation in six hours, thanks to which we could travel. Priceless.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guillerm0chile,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reviews about your stay at Laico Regency Nairobi, I am glad to hear that you did get back home safely, following commendable service provided by my front desk team. I am happy to receive comments of such positive nature.
Your feedback has been shared with Josiah Mwendwa and the entire team that made your travel back home happen, this will reinforce our commitment to ensuring guest satisfaction.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I guess it serves me right for being lazy and booking the conference hotel without checking reviews first. Let me start by saying that the Laico offers some of worst food I've ever experienced during my 25 years of international business travel. Breakfast, lunch, dinner ... all consistently horrible. As for the property, it is thoroughly worn-out. The hotel wifi internet was **extremely** slow and available only about 50% of the time I tried to log on. The room carpets were dirty and stained. The bathroom was very poorly lit, the linens were Motel 6 quality, and the water was, at best, lukewarm. The air conditioning in the room sounded like it was powered by a diesel engine and did not produce cold air. The best thing about this hotel was that the windows are able to open wide for a good breeze ... although you might be tempted to jump. I was.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear PacificJet,

Thank you for letting us know your experience at the hotel, I am sincerely sorry that we fell short of your expectations.
I have noted that most of this was due to our physical structure and I am contented to share with you that we are in the process of finalizing plans for a master renovation of the hotel.

DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is in a central location and there is good security. Check-in was slow but at least the receptionist was very friendly. In fact everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful, it was almost as if they do not see many guests and were genuinely happy when they stumbled across one. My room was clean and comfortable with wi-fi, safe and complimentary water. The dining options were adequate and the pool area was nice. If you are looking for glitz and glam this is not for you. The Laico is a large hotel and you can tell in the 80s or 90s it must have been something pretty special. Now, she is a tired lady. But it's fine for a night or two. I wouldn't seek this hotel out again, but I wouldn't object if I somehow ended up here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our flight arrived at 3:45am. We had an advanced reservation at this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel all we wanted to do was go to bed. Alas, checkin took over 30 minutes. Then we got to our rooms and they were not ready. It took another 45 minutes for them to bring the extra beds we reserved. The next day housekeeping did not come to clean our rooms. The toliet barely flushed, some of the mattresses were terrible, the carpet was disgusting, it took 20 minutes to get luke warm water, checkout takes another 30 minutes, the TV didn't work. Generally the rooms sucked. The door lock on one of our rooms did not work and the door jam was busted out. We asked for a new mattress and they never came.
At the end of our trip our tour operator booked us at this place again. And again, checkin took far too long. The rooms where different, but still shabby and worn. Still no hot water.
I expressed my experience with them and the manager was very nice (all the staff was very nice) but it didn't change the fact that this is very bad hotel.
The icing on the cake was our dinner at the Italian resturant. We found a nasty insect in the pasta sauce. They didn't make us pay for the plate but still...
The location is also terrible if you are traveling to Kenya on safari. It is downtown but that just means you have to fight through terrible traffic. Plus there are not a lot of eating options outside of the hotel.
Believe the negative reviews of this hotel. They are true.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here while on an international conference in KICC .. I have never felt the need to write a review before but seeing the mixed reviews I thought it was time to share my very positive experience

Having been an avid trip advisor user for the past years I was a bit concerned because of the mixed reviews and was not expecting much

I travel quite a lot all over the world and was very pleasantly surprised .. The de luxe room. I had in the 8th floor was huge had a wonderful view of the park and had its own ensuite living area with sofa and Another chair .. The working table was the proper size .. There was a flat tv with major western channels .. The cabinet was made for two or even three and had ample hangers ( often a turn off in other hotels) .. The decor was very tasteful and there was a big standing lamp beside the working table which gave good lighting for those who need to do some work ..

My bathroom had a tub and the showers were working very well .. Strong water both hot and cold .. The toilet had two water closets ... I had a comfortable queen size bed with four pillows which for a pillow lover like me is a gift .. The comforter was comfortable even if not too thick ...

Breakfast buffet was 5 star ... It gave a good.choice in terms of variety and range of food and juice offerings although after three days I wanted some more new food but yoghurt was constantly changing flavor ,,, for omelet and scrambled eggs if you are like me and you like it dry and well done then you Are a happy one otherwise make sure to tell them you want it not too dry and well done... A pleasant surprise was free afternoon cocktails .. You pay for your drinks but food is free flowing from nibbles ( peanuts and. CHips) to finger food ( e.g chicken wings, samosa, spring roll etc)

I was out most of the time but on my last night I ordered their fillet mignon and specified medium well and it was medium well and very tasty including the huge mash potato presented as a lovely flower

The public areas are spacious ...clean ... staff are very pleasant and Accommodating And the are a number of lifts so you quickly gets to whoever you are going

For me, traveling alone , the help of the staff in getting good knowledgeable english speaking drivers to make the tourist trips was a big help as well as the daily cabs to my conference center .. Cabs here have no meters so everything is negotiated and my colleagues told me the daily cab rates i got were quite cheap .. 400 to 5oo ksh per trip .. For walkers it's also within walking distance... It is connected to shops and a salon so when I had manicure emergency it was quickly resolved .. Barclay banks was just in the hotel corner so ATM was safe quick and efficient as well .. When I needed to make deposit for a safari service operator barclays staff was also very helpful ...

The security of the hotel was at very good qualify and high level similar to what you would find in an airport .. All vehickes are thoroughly checked front back side and surprise .. A machine for ones bags and stuff and a separate one for people ... but all this done with staff with. A pleasant disposition

So yes I am quite satisfied .. I particularly felt relaxed looking at the wide open space of the park outside my windows and on occasion watching the sunset .. This is a gift after the
chaotic traffic ... I come from the Philippines where traffic is part of our daily life but Nairobi traffic is
Distinctive in its own way

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Dirty, worn, not worth 1/2 the money
Public areas looks good or ok. We had 3 rooms all dirty an worn. No maintenance in a long time it looked like. The hotel had all the possabilities to have five stars. Has the location and size one the rooms, but nothing else.

Stayed October 2013