“Excellent lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Jevnaker, Norway
“Excellent lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I enjoyed an excellent lunch at this beautiful hotel with a very kind and friendly staff! The variation and the quality of the food was wonderful.The hotel is situated very near the centre of Nairobi and near the Village Market. It is very special that the rooms are situated around the centre where the restaurant is. You can see the elevators going up to the various floors.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
LaicoRegency, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Ynez W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your experience at LAICO Regency Nairobi. We are delighted that all our services exceeded your expectations.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the variation and quality of food available in our restaurants and great service from our staff. Also noted is that our proximity to the Nairobi Central Business District was a value add.

We do look forward to hosting you again soon.

Mr. Sobhi Dahan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was very kind and thorough. Even as we gathered in the lobby in wait for our group they served us juice and hand wipes; often after a long day. The security is tight but all staff was friendly. I had to tell the housekeeping to take the tip I left in the room or they won't touch it!..amazing.! I left the hotel and my shoes with expensive inserts on Friday and returned the next wednesday, when asking the Hskpg Spvsr to recover my inserts, they were found and returned the next morning. I have traveled the world and I was impressed with the treatment we received by ALL workers here. We use this hotel each year for missions trip. Con-the breakfast spread was not so good. Advice- the Italian restaurant in the complex is excellent!-try the Bruschetta.

Room Tip: If The air conditioning isn't cool ask to switch rooms. The 7th floor was cooler than the 6th.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Belinda W.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on with us, I am pleased that you enjoyed the stay.

I am delighted that you were able to enjoy the warm welcome and thoroughness in service delivery, hotel security and honesty displayed by all our professional staff members. We take pride in guest satisfaction and I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I have noted that you enjoyed our meals especially the excellent choices available at Robertos our Italian restaurant and also took note of the breakfast and have since increased the choices available.

I look forward to many more opportunities to host you again at the LAICO Regency Nairobi.

Dar es Salam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have checked into the hotel for a one night this morning, and has been most dissappointed with the hotel standard rooms. The rooms are very old, with warn out carpets which smells, and grundig television which is over 30 years old. The air conditions which do not work other than just blowing air. My efforts to get a better room from the reception staff who were not helpful as they said to get a better room I needed to upgrade from usd 150 dollars to 300 dollars room.
Even though the hotel location is good, it needs serious renovations every where specially the toilets, as the views from the outside do not reflect in the rooms. The staff have been pathetic and services has been poor including the restaurants. I would not come back to stay this hotel and certainly do not recommend to any prospective guests.

Room Tip: One should demand or reserve the rooms which are renovated if you must stay in this hotel, though th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LaicoRegency, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mahad 1971,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback response regarding your recent stay with us at the Laico Regency Hotel Nairobi.
I was very dismayed to read your review and to note that you experienced many unacceptable challenges and I would like to apologize for these issues. I have noted the areas of our facility which fell short of your expectation and would like to give my surety that we are in the process of improving the general condition of the hotel.
I have shared your feedback with the heads of departments concerned in each of the areas where we fell short of your expectations and assure you that these will be followed up accordingly.
I hope we will get another opportunity to host you and restore your confidence in us.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ok, this hotel was very old but I stayed there to get rid of the Marble Arch Hotel. Based on my low expectations this hotel was good. Very old, but centrally located in Nairobi. The staff is super friendly and the breakfast was good!
The rooms have a good size and are very clean, while internet works fine!
Nothing to complain specially when comparing to the Marble Arch!
Ahh, a good thing about this hotel is the view you can see at a public square across the street! Its very interesting! Good value!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
LaicoRegency, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Leandro_Ang,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback about your stay at Laico Regency Hotel.
I am glad we were able to meet your expectations in most of the areas, experiencing our central location with a perfect view, clean rooms, internet accessibility, our super friendly staff and good breakfast.
We are in the process of upgrading the facility and do hope that this will be done by your next visit.

Sobhi Dahan
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Really love the location for its convenience and the good setting from which one can view Nairobi largely.Tasty food and good swim area though would wish for more showers in the changing rooms.Staff was likeable though part of it was not as efficient.Warm welcoming and generally a good family place

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eiyshah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on trip advisor, we appreciate the gesture as the feedback helps us improve our overall customer experience.
I am glad that you had warm welcoming experiences during your recent stay at Laico Regency Hotel, enjoying its idyllic view of Nairobi, tasty foods served, the swimming area, and that our convenient location worked perfectly for you, all these traits offering an ideal location for family as well.
I have also noted a few areas that did not meet your expectations, like the number of available changing rooms in the swimming area and assure you that plans are underway for an expansion. Training is also being done continuously for our staff, to ensure efficiency in service delivery at all times.

London Colney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is one of the big hotels in Nairobi but the hotel needs a serious make over and probably a management by a reputable international brand. It is all browny every where you look. It is like it stuck in the seventies. Hotels on average refurbish every ten years but this hotel seemed like it never had one since day one. The rooms are not quality at all specially considering the price. Location is great.

Room Tip: Watch out for the windows in the room, they are very low and they open wide.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
LaicoRegency, General Manager at LAICO Regency Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear DGAB,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us; it was our pleasure to host you. I am grateful that you liked the location of the hotel.
I have noted your comments with regards of the condition of our facility and I am sorry we were not able to meet your expectation during your recent stay with us. I am Contented to say that we are in the process of upgrading our facility, this will see a complete make-over of the Hotel.

Mr. SOBHI DAHAN
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

the hotel feels a bit jaded and outdated its quite old and has not received th required attention. the rooms are clean and have good view and the hotel itself has a great image. the locals love the hotel but its a tad too ancient for my liking.

Room Tip: take a room on the higher floors for a good view of the city
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ranjeet5

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your feedback. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we take pleasure in anything that can make your stay better.
I am pleased that you liked the great image of the hotel, as well as our clean rooms, offering a good view.
I have noted the areas of concern that you have raised and we are in the process of upgrading the general condition of the hotel.

Kind Regards

Mr. SOBHI DAHAN

Been to LAICO Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!