“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Stanley

Save Saved
You added Sarova Stanley to your Saves list
Sarova Stanley
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Kenyatta Avenue and Kimathi Street | PO Box 30680, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Special Offer
Complementary Transfer
Ranked #8 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Safwa, Saudi Arabia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I stayed here for two nights, one before my safari trip which was for 18 nights in Sarova's camp in the mara, and one night after. I got upgraded to a bigger room on the night of my arrival, the stay was excellent, the place is just in the heart of Nairobi city. The staff are just so friendly, ordered in room dining three times and food was excellent. I can imagine it would surely be good for business trips as well. Will visit again if I had to stay over night in Nairobi once again....

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to Sarova Stanley.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel as well as our services. We appreciate your high rating.

Hoping to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Paolo Marro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Turkish first
Nicosia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

Second stay here, and my first review stands. Comfortable beds, beautifully decorated and spacious rooms, secure, amazing food including the Thai restaurant, the staff are probably the best I have experienced world wide. Please do not change anything you do.

One honourable mention is the “can do” guys in the business centre, Penninah Leddre, thank you so much for sorting out the problems with our laptop, the specialist paper and the printing, your hard work and professional attitude helped us look great in front of our clients, many thanks.

Room Tip: Smile and be polite at check-in, works every time at the Sarova, wish it did in other hotels!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

‘Asante Sana’ – Thank you very much in Swahili.

Indeed, thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Sarova Stanley and for taking the time to post this review.

I am delighted to read that this is your 2nd review for Sarova Stanley and we have maintained our hospitality standards. We are glad this has become home. I will relay your compliments to Penninah and the rest of the team for their efforts.

Again thank you for recommending us. We hope to welcome you back again.

Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Best hospitality, Best view of the city's skyline

Found excellent buffet.

Stayed there last year as a couple for 2 days.

The only headache is its farther from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.

Indian cuisines were served for us and they were quite good and delicious.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed staying with us and for rating us best in hospitality and with the best view of the city’s skyline. We have also shared your feedback on the Indian cuisine with our Chef.

We look forward to hosting you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have stayed at the Sarova Stanley and it never fails to disappoint. A real haven in the heart of Nairobi. It is like stepping back in time and revisiting the old colonial days of Kenya. Great, impeccably clean accommodation and excellent food. The only exception is the breakfast which although OK is nothing special. The most notable thing about this hotel are the staff. I have never encountered politer, more attentive staff in any hotel I have visited in the world. Normally I wouldn't name individuals but in this case I feel it necessary. David, Mary and Mercy who work in the pool bar/restaurant cannot be praised enough for their hard work, big smiles, friendliness and warm welcome. Thank you all for fabulous stay and I look forward to seeing you all again on my next visit.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your review on Sarova Stanley.

My team and I are very pleased to read that you have stayed with us more than twice. It is our aim to ensure that our guests have a perfect stay with us and have the desire to return over and over again.

It is also very encouraging to know that this time our team members made your stay even more memorable, thank you for the special mentions, they were shared and greatly appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Excellent hotel, well located in Nairobi. Rooms and communal areas very well presented...clean, spacious and modern. Staff are very friendly, only haven't given 5 stars because our airport pick up on arrival wasn't arranged correctly & the driver was waiting at the wrong airport for us! The staff were very apologetic though and gave us a complimentary airport transfer on our departure.
The hotel's Thai restaurant and breakfast are both great...overall recommended for a comfortable stay in Nairobi!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you had an excellent stay and enjoyed the ambiance of our property as well as the facilities therein. We do look forward to welcoming you back to experience our refreshing African hospitality in an old-world setting, during your next visit to Nairobi when we will also aim at achieving the 5 stars by ensuring the airport pick up service is properly performed.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel after an absence of 5-7 years. The refurbishments have kept the historic style, but the service has deteriorated. For a hotel that espouses to be "5 star luxury" it was disappointing. At the pool deck restaurant, on two consecutive nights the waiters got my order wrong, and the restaurant did not have many of the items on the limited menu. On the other hand, the reception staff were very good and welcoming and Martin in the Thorn Tree cafe was excellent. The room was nicely laid out and good condition.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recent stay.

We appreciate the special mention of our team members whose service you recognized as excellent. On the other hand, we regret the miscommunication on your order and we are grateful you gave us an opportunity to improve by addressing it.

We are looking forward to hosting you again with renewed expectations.

l.a.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

This was my first trip to Africa, undertaken with not just a little apprehension, given the recent spate of terrorist activity in the Nairobi area and all the State Department advisories. the warmth and helpfulness of staff were unequalled. looking around, I estimated a staff to guest ratio of at least four to one. a security officer appeared everytime we exited the elevator on our floor, and greeted us with a broad smile. I personally found the heightened security presence very reassuring under the circumstances. I made good use of the gym, exercise studio and steam bath during my 2 night stay. the breakfast buffet was generous and of the highest quality. the genuine warmth and hospitality I experienced here at the Stanley were just not in evidence at the similarly ranked airport hotel where I booked a day room for the last day of my journey. the welcoming warmth of Stanley staff was a very significant contributor to the success of my African journey.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Sarova Stanley? Share your experiences!