“Favourite in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Stanley

Save Saved
You added Sarova Stanley to your Saves list
Sarova Stanley
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Kenyatta Avenue and Kimathi Street | PO Box 30680, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Special Offer
Complementary Transfer
Ranked #8 of 103 Hotels in Nairobi
London, UK
“Favourite in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Stanley would always be my first choice when visiting Nairobi. It is a charming hotel located right in the centre of town. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. The rooftop pool is definitely one of the highlights. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Sarova Stanley.

I am delighted to read you were well taken care of and that we will always be your first choice in Nairobi. Your review has been shared with the team which was truly motivated by your comments.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to hosting you again in future.

Paolo Marro.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Food was amazing ..especially breakfast.
Great service day time poor service at night.
Very clean rooms loved it.
Good security checks.
Good receptionist very friendly.
Clean bathroom .
Thanks for having a showercup in the rooms since 1st night I was there had forgotten my shower cup.
I loved the safe box and fridge too wow all varieties.
Very silent rooms minimal noises despite it being in town centre Nairobi.
See you soon again...

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful experience with us, and that you enjoyed the experience and the team’s hospitality.

We hope to have another chance to host you in future.

Paolo Marro
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here twice between safaris. The staff is extremely friendly, polite and attentive. There is a heavy security presence at the entrance and a security guard on every floor. The breakfast buffet includes a wide variety of both local and international selections. Leave lots of time when ordering from the menu at the Thorn Tree Cafe or at the pool upstairs. The food is delicious but it takes a while to arrive. When using the bank across the street, be sure to be accompanied by your safari guide or by a member of the hotel staff to ensure your personal safety.Although this hotel is located at the intersection of two very busy streets, the rooms were quiet . We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to read you had a great stay with us. I was happy to hear you enjoyed our team hospitality and that we managed to make you feel secure.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Lake Havasu City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

The Sarova Stanley is located in the heart of Nairobi. Surrounded by offices, shops and zillions of people going in every direction, the Stanley is an oasis for the traveler wanting to relax and have some down time to get "away from it all". It is also a great place for business travelers and anyone wanting to experience a high quality hotel with excellent service and facilities, and very good food..
The rooms are well appointed with all the comforts of home. The staff is friendly and willing to help their guests in anyway possible....always with a smile. This century old hotel is well maintained and will be a very special treat for anyone appreciating the architecture of decades gone by.
Now, for my one criticism. The food in the Thorn Tree Cafe was very good. However, to get that food (except the buffet), a person must be very patient and in no big rush. We arrived in the hotel at 1:30AM and hardly a person was in the restaurant, yet it took an exceptional amount of time to receive our order. Not a one time occurrence either. We stayed in the hotel several days and almost every meal was slow in coming. On the plus side, it was quite good when it finally made it to our table. Other than that......I have no criticism of the Stanley.....and all the positives pretty much made up for the slow arrival of our meals.

And yes, I would definitely stay at the Sarova Stanley in the future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the busy street in front of the hotel. It's fun to watch. My s...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback on Sarova Stanley.

We are glad you had an excellent stay with us. Your comments on our convenient location, service, food variety and team effort are highly appreciated and valued. Thank you for your recommendation as an oasis for relaxation. Your comment on speed of food service has been noted and addressed.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Second time staying here, and I enjoyed it much more than the first time. Firstly, the staff are so great and willing to do anything to help. We were difficult guests as we had a third that arrived unexpected, but the hotel moved us to the most perfect room that had three single beds, and it didn't at all seem a hassle for them. I had a good gym workout and made quick use of the steam room and sauna which was a great chillaxer after work. And this time I discovered the craft markets nearby and I promise to go there every time now. How did I miss them last time? And this time I booked online in advance through a search engine site and I got a much, much better rate than last time when I just walked in and choked at the price! Now I now :-)

Room Tip: Higher rooms are less noisy as the city is fairly constant with buss into the late night.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for being an ambassador of Sarova Stanley through your multiple reviews .

We are delighted that you found your stay more enjoyable than the first. The team and I were humbled by your return visit , as we look forward to hosting you again and again.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The staff are very polite and cheerful that do go above and beyond to ensure your comfort. I dined several times at the Thorn Tree Cafe and food was delicious. The samosas and chicken wings were my staple. Fresh juices were not that great. They were either watered down or mixed with boxed juices. Had to order 3-4 different wines before I got to a wine they had available. The lunch buffet at poolside was much to be desired. The restrooms were very clean and well kept. Taxi fares to the airport ordered through the bellman is 2700 schillings if they call for you. We walked outside and around the corner and found our own taxicab for 2000 schillings.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your great comments following your recent visit in July.

Samosas and chicken wings are among our specialty dishes at the Thorn Tree restaurants. Our team of chefs are highly motivated by your feedback. Thank you for your mention on the team’s hospitality and eagerness to ensure guest comfort.

The feedback on the fresh juices and wine menu has been noted for follow-up.

We are glad you posted your feedback and look forward to hosting you again.

La Selva Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I spent a week at the Sarova Stanley while attending the recent UNEP conference. My room, the food, and service were all excellent and I highly recommend this hotel when in Nairobi. My package included the breakfast which was an incredible buffet with made to order items also. I ate at the Thai restaurant and ordered room service which was top notch. What made the hotel exceptional was the security and service. I felt pampered and protected the entire time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to see that your room, dining and service experience were above expectation. Your feedback had been shared with the entire team to motivate us to do even better.

Hoping that we shall host you again in the near future during you visit to Nairobi.

Paolo Marro.

Been to Sarova Stanley? Share your experiences!