“Good Choice for Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Stanley

You added Sarova Stanley to your Saves list
Sarova Stanley
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Kenyatta Avenue and Kimathi Street | PO Box 30680, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #8 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Good Choice for Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Group of 12 stayed for one night before our next morning departure for Safari. Excellent location in heart of Nairobi with high security. Staff is very pleasant, helpful and welcoming. Rooms are nice, neat and clean.

Breakfast was great and lots of variety and options. Checkout process was a bit lengthy and took some extra time then expected, we had 7 rooms perhaps that could be the reason.

Although slightly high on pocket but considering the limited options of high star hotels in Nairobi and being safety as a priority this is the best option

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Paolo M, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, June 18, 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your comments on our security measures which contributed in making you and your party feel very safe, the comments on the warmth and pleasant team, great breakfast variety and spacious guestrooms will also be shared with all the involved.

We have noted your remarks on the checkout process and we are thankful you understood the reasons.

Once again thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Paolo Marro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Lilongwe, Malawi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed at Stanley's a few times when visiting Nairobi both privately and business. I have never been disappointed with the excellence, quality and service provided. It's probably one of the best choices you can make if staying in the heart of Nairobi with everything at your hand.
Great front terrace in the front direct to the busy streets and my best compliments to all the staff.
I can only recommend Sarova Stanley Hotel to anyone want a nice hotel in the heart of Nairobi.

Room Tip: Best rooms are to the back with less noise, though front ones do not have much noise from the street...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review.

We are extremely glad you found our hotel to be very consistent in the provision of excellent and professional service. Your words are of inspiration to all of us and stimulate us in keeping up the good work.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back during all your future visit so that the Sarova Stanley can become your “Home away from home”.

Paolo Marro
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

As a Kenyan and a frequent traveler, i must say i was really impressed with this place. It has been a while since i left Kenya and having gone back and booked the hotel, i can say that i loved every single minute of it. Customer service was top notch, food was really good and its in central CBD of Nairobi-I can walk to any place i want.
Now let's talk about the breakfast-Someone please ship me the kenyan sausages-farmers choice as well as the mandazi....What a great treat to add to my daily breakfast. My room was cleaned everyday, the food was excellent.
I do agree with one of the reviewers-they need to sort out the billing issue-it is a mess and how they hold the money makes no sense. Also, avoid using the room phone. That line can cause serious bill spike.
Overall, i was thoroughly impressed with the customer service, security, friendliness and food of Sarova. This is my new place anytime i am back home in Kenya.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for rating us as top notch hotel.

We were glad that you had a memorable stay with us. Our hospitality and breakfast exceeded your expectation.

On the billing issue raised, we would like to have more details on your experience so assist us address the concern. Kindly reach us via email or telephone at your earliest opportunity.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Ben Katungi.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I liked this hotel, and I thought it was a good value for a business class hotel. The staff is very professional, and they were very welcoming to a large group of guests traveling on business. Security is a serious business at the Stanley (or the New Stanley as locals refer to it.) My room was a comfortable retreat, and room service was prompt. The hotel has a lot of history, and it's especially reflected in its comfortable bar and lounge that easily brings one back to another time. The breakfast was very nice and had some surprises (mimosa on Saturday, roast duck another day). The lunch buffet was very good, and far superior to a comparable hotel that I dined at. Unfortunately, I did not have hot water for a few days, and the a la carte menu was not the same quality as the buffet breakfasts and luncheons. This will be my first choice for a business class hotel in the concrete jungle of Nairobi.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time taken to give us your feedback.

During your stay with us, we are glad that Sarova Stanley was good value for a business traveler. Our team was professional and welcoming, the room was comfortable and the dining experience was superior. We are always happy to share in our history and heritage.

We have noted the areas in which we regrettably did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback has been share to the entire team to address the concerns raised.

It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to your return visit.

chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I visited Nairobi for an official trip last year and stayed here. It is a paradise of luxury. Breakfast buffet is huge with cuisine pertaining to all parts of the world. Rooms were very spacious and the room lacked none of the facilities of an ultra modern five star hotel. Recommended place to stay in Nairobi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for the high star rating.

From your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. From the huge buffet breakfast, to the spacious and well appointed guestrooms, we believe that your experience was worthwhile and memorable. Thank you for recommending our hotel as the place to stay while in Nairobi.

The team looks forward to welcoming you back during your next trip.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at the Sarova Stanley for 10 days until 8/5/2014.

My room was well presented and made up daily at a time that suited me with just one call to housekeeping. I had most of my meals in-house mainly because I wanted to avoid the experience of food poisoning from eating outside in my previous visit. The room service and restaurant meals at the Stanley were very good, though the drinks were quite pricey.

The security in the hotel is quite good with security staff stationed on every floor. The housekeeping staff, room-service staff, reception staff and restaurant service staff were all very well spoken and cheerful.

I liked the central location of the hotel which allowed me to get to my appointments easily and quickly. Use the hotel taxi service -: very good staff run that service and it is a much better option than haggling with public taxis around the hotel.

My check out was quick (except one of my earlier bills for the first week was overstated by ksh 30,000 about (US$300). This was quickly corrected.

Overall I enjoyed the Sarova Stanley and look forward to staying there third time around for my next visit.

Room Tip: Select upper rooms facing the courtyard.

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that your 10-day stay was pleasant. We appreciate your compliments on our well kept guestrooms, great meals from the restaurants, our teams’ hospitality and efforts to ensure our guests are safe while at the hotel. We are happy to read that our hotel’s location was convenient for all your appointments.

We have noted the areas in which we regrettably did not live up to your expectations, and also the aspects that you highlighted for our improvement. We are sharing your feedback with the team to ensure the issues raised are duly addressed.

Once again thank you for your review. We look forward to hosting you again with renewed expectations.

Ben Katungi.
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am NOT an easy customer to please when I stay at hotels showing off awards in the lobby and displaying 5 stars at the entrance, because they raise expectations and should, in fact must delivery quality which matches their claims.
Returning to the Stanley is always a pleasure as it allows me to walk to literally all locations in the Central Business District. Bother not with taxis as walking is faster, healthier anyway and I found once again that the streets of Nairobi are safer than the city's reputation gives it credit for.
I was returned to a 7th floor Executive room I had stayed in before and as then, everything in the room was working, there were enough sockets for my chargers and the complimentary tea and kettle allowed for that quintessential cuppa on arrival. The staff were swift to bring me two mugs and plenty of creamer and sweetener and kept my supply stocked to the moment I left, which included a free of cost late check out.
I love having breakfast at the Thorn Tree, where the world still walks by, at least Nairobi's citizens do, even if it is no longer the open area due to these days having only one secured entry point into the hotel.
On weekends guests can enjoy a glass of bubbly for breakfast and exquisite little bitings sure to tickle one's taste buds.
I ate, as before, at the Thorn Tree for dinner, as I did at the pool restaurant but nothing beats the Thai restaurant on the first floor where the food is authentic and the presentation and service impeccable.
The brand ambassadors in the lobby continue to exceed expectations and truly go out of their way to get things done for guests and the attention of in fact all staff, their cheerfulness and friendly smile, just make the Stanley a perpetual winner.
When asked I always list the Sarova Stanley as among my top rated choices of hotels in Nairobi and they keep earning that place.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view and the Sarova Stanley Suites come very highly recommended!
Dear Guest,

We are humbled to read your review. This being the third review for our hotel.

Thank you for your continued patronage of Sarova Stanley. We are always delighted to host you.

Your comments have been shared with the entire team to motivate us all to continue offering all our guests personalized service and memorable moments.

We look forward to hosting you again.

Ben Katungi

Been to Sarova Stanley? Share your experiences!