“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Stanley

Save Saved
You added Sarova Stanley to your Saves list
Sarova Stanley
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Kenyatta Avenue and Kimathi Street | PO Box 30680, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Special Offer
Complementary Transfer
Ranked #7 of 92 hotels in Nairobi
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Windsor Suite (Penthouse Suite)-stayed here for one night only :( after Masai Mara safari&before travelling to Zanzibar. Loved it with all its luxuries ;) The Suite was spotless clean, with its fantastic view, large sitting room, comfy (mega-)king size bed and sparkling bathroom with shower and bath and all its amenities...paradise, especially when you are returning from sweaty game drives or Masai village where cow's poo was jumping on you from everywhere :))) And food?-very tasty&yummy ;) Highly recommended (see pics)!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear PetraNathan,

Thank you for your review.

It was our pleasure to share this piece of history with you and we are glad you shared your experience with many more people through pictures.

We look forward to hosting you again.

538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Wierden, Nederland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here for one night before traveling to Masaï Mara. Wat a wunderfull hotel this is. The saff is verry friendly and you feel like a early 1900 discovery traveler. The only mistake we made was not eating in the Thai restaurant. Instead of eating there, we ate at the main restaurant onthe groundfloor. The food was good but the ambiance not so good. Next time, we will eat st the Thai restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Hanskramer,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

We are glad for the good comments on our reception and rich heritage.

We have also taken note of your concerns at Thorn Tree Cafe and plans are underway to add more value.

Looking forward to hosting you again and reserving a table at the Thai Chi Restaurant.

Strassen, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was a first time at the Sarova Stanley in December. My first review was a bit harsh due to a range of administrative problems. This time, none of those.

Obviously, the good things did not change:

- good room (I got an upgrade, so it was even bigger)
- free and speedy wifi
- without mentioning my favorite Thai restaurant (don't miss it)
- no need to mention, hospitality like always in Kenya, warm and welcoming

I tried also;

- the gym, yes, I went to the gym. It's good, but lack of fresh air

Weak point, still, for a continental breakfast only eater, the breakfast and the normal restaurant.

I'll be back in a few days, so lets see

• Stayed April 2013
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear pabo99,

Thank you for your second review.

We are glad that our follow-up action improved our customer service and led to an improved rating. We believe that we shall maintain and surpass your expectation in the next visit. The comments on breakfast and fresh air in the gym have been noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had the oppurtunity of staying at this very fine hotel right in the city for 3nites. The rooms were excellent, I was astounded with the level of cleanliness esp. the ensuite bathrooms! The check in and check out processes are fast, believe me quite fast. Food from their famous Thai-Chi restaurant was great. Recommend this hotel to everyone 100%.

Room Tip: I wish I could have stayed in all their rooms to know this!...but I believe all the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MAM313,

Thank you for your excellent review following your most recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular food at Thai chi restaurant, quick service and the great nights' sleep in your room.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us once again in the very near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I called the hotel ahead of my visit to Nairobi, arriving 28 April, in order to confirm the reservation, organise a hotel pick up from the airport and doublecheck that I had a nice room. My call was handled by a lovely lady called Irene who really could not have been better-she was so friendly, courteous, efficient and gave me all the information I needed to know. Reservations & Front Desk remain the most important part of a hotel is human nature suggest that we form an opinion after around 25 seconds and I'm delighted to see that this was a good experience. I have been travelling to Nairobi for nearly 20 years but I have never stayed at this hotel so given the positive reviews thus far I hope it will be the first of many trips where I stay at this location. I will post my second review (I'm a bit OCD like that!) after my visit to Nairobi-well done so far and hats off to Irene

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bambino145,

Thank you so much for your review.

We appreciate your special mention of Irene. It is always encouraging to hear guests experiences with us before, during and after their stay. We believe your next review after staying with us, will mirror and surpass this one.

We look forward to hosting you on the 28th of April.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in February and from the time I checked in and out it was a beautiful experience. .
When I checked in the receptionist that served me (I think Lilian was her name) was amazing and since I was new to the country, she suggested places that me and my partner could visit. .
The room service was great and it was clean to my standard. .
Great stay and I would recommend anyone to stay there. Ask for Lilian she knows the places to be and you will enjoy your stay.

Angie

• Stayed February 2013
Dear angiebradshaw,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback.

Our aim is to have all of our guests spend memorable moments at Sarova Stanley. We are truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you also for the special mention. This feedback encourages the team to keep on providing an excellent level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here twice in April. Both times found the place satisfactory, clean, and comfortable. The dining room is good not great. Drinks are so-so. They kept messing up orders for a bloody mary and a dirty martini. Then they ran out of tomato juice. The ran out of many of the menu items as well and we were eating at 7:30 pm, not late not early. Go figure. However, they did store our luggage for a week while on safari for no charge, so no complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing inner courtyard if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stargatebabe,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor following you recent stay with us.

We value your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience. We have noted your observations about the gaps in our restaurant and we are working to ensure our service provision is up standard.

In the meantime thank you for choosing to stay and it is our hope you will be back with us on a future visit to Nairobi.

David Gachuru

Been to Sarova Stanley? Share your experiences!