“Nearly perfect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sarova Stanley

Save Saved
You added Sarova Stanley to your Saves list
Sarova Stanley
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner of Kenyatta Avenue and Kimathi Street | PO Box 30680, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Special Offer
Complementary Transfer
Ranked #9 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Strassen, Luxembourg
“Nearly perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was a first time at the Sarova Stanley in December. My first review was a bit harsh due to a range of administrative problems. This time, none of those.

Obviously, the good things did not change:

- good room (I got an upgrade, so it was even bigger)
- free and speedy wifi
- without mentioning my favorite Thai restaurant (don't miss it)
- no need to mention, hospitality like always in Kenya, warm and welcoming

I tried also;

- the gym, yes, I went to the gym. It's good, but lack of fresh air

Weak point, still, for a continental breakfast only eater, the breakfast and the normal restaurant.

I'll be back in a few days, so lets see

• Stayed April 2013
David G, General Manager at Sarova Stanley, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear pabo99,

Thank you for your second review.

We are glad that our follow-up action improved our customer service and led to an improved rating. We believe that we shall maintain and surpass your expectation in the next visit. The comments on breakfast and fresh air in the gym have been noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

570 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had the oppurtunity of staying at this very fine hotel right in the city for 3nites. The rooms were excellent, I was astounded with the level of cleanliness esp. the ensuite bathrooms! The check in and check out processes are fast, believe me quite fast. Food from their famous Thai-Chi restaurant was great. Recommend this hotel to everyone 100%.

Room Tip: I wish I could have stayed in all their rooms to know this!...but I believe all the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MAM313,

Thank you for your excellent review following your most recent stay with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular food at Thai chi restaurant, quick service and the great nights' sleep in your room.

We do hope you will have the opportunity to visit us once again in the very near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I called the hotel ahead of my visit to Nairobi, arriving 28 April, in order to confirm the reservation, organise a hotel pick up from the airport and doublecheck that I had a nice room. My call was handled by a lovely lady called Irene who really could not have been better-she was so friendly, courteous, efficient and gave me all the information I needed to know. Reservations & Front Desk remain the most important part of a hotel is human nature suggest that we form an opinion after around 25 seconds and I'm delighted to see that this was a good experience. I have been travelling to Nairobi for nearly 20 years but I have never stayed at this hotel so given the positive reviews thus far I hope it will be the first of many trips where I stay at this location. I will post my second review (I'm a bit OCD like that!) after my visit to Nairobi-well done so far and hats off to Irene

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bambino145,

Thank you so much for your review.

We appreciate your special mention of Irene. It is always encouraging to hear guests experiences with us before, during and after their stay. We believe your next review after staying with us, will mirror and surpass this one.

We look forward to hosting you on the 28th of April.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in February and from the time I checked in and out it was a beautiful experience. .
When I checked in the receptionist that served me (I think Lilian was her name) was amazing and since I was new to the country, she suggested places that me and my partner could visit. .
The room service was great and it was clean to my standard. .
Great stay and I would recommend anyone to stay there. Ask for Lilian she knows the places to be and you will enjoy your stay.

Angie

• Stayed February 2013
Dear angiebradshaw,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback.

Our aim is to have all of our guests spend memorable moments at Sarova Stanley. We are truly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you also for the special mention. This feedback encourages the team to keep on providing an excellent level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here twice in April. Both times found the place satisfactory, clean, and comfortable. The dining room is good not great. Drinks are so-so. They kept messing up orders for a bloody mary and a dirty martini. Then they ran out of tomato juice. The ran out of many of the menu items as well and we were eating at 7:30 pm, not late not early. Go figure. However, they did store our luggage for a week while on safari for no charge, so no complaints.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing inner courtyard if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stargatebabe,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor following you recent stay with us.

We value your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience. We have noted your observations about the gaps in our restaurant and we are working to ensure our service provision is up standard.

In the meantime thank you for choosing to stay and it is our hope you will be back with us on a future visit to Nairobi.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is one of the old hotels and it takes you back to the colonial charm. Everything is recently renovated though, so the rooms are gorgeous and comfy. I stayed there Sept 2011 and refer people there all the time. It is in a great location, just a few minutes walk to the Archives and shopping. Breakfast was great and all in my group enjoyed our dinners as well. I wish I had more time to just relax in the room - next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear BenefacTours,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We are delighted you enjoyed your experience with us. Our rooms and breakfast and location met your expectation.

Hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a more relaxed stay.

Warm regards
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Had a wonderful one evening stay at the Sarova Stanley. The concierge were incredibly helpful and accommodating - they sent bell boys with you to walk in the city to show you where grocery stores and ATMs were to keep my friend and I (two females) safe since it was getting close to dark. I had an early flight out the next morning and they arranged a taxi and early breakfast in their restaurant. Dinner at their Thai Chi Thai food restaurant was incredibly delicious and well priced for what you are receiving. The spa was also a great experience and was also quite accommodating to my late schedule arriving back from safari. The rooms were excellent, free Wifi, AC, nice bathtub/shower, mini-bar, safe, TV, and all amenities including a fruit bowl upon arrival. The maintenance staff worker came at 11pm to fix a faulty wall plug so I could charge my devices. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely stay here again given the chance and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Specify the type of bed set up you would like (two twins, one double, etc.).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sara M,

Thank you for taking the time to send your comments about your recent stay.

We greatly value your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I hope there will be an opportunity for you and your friend to visit us again, either on business or at leisure, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

David Gachuru.

Been to Sarova Stanley? Share your experiences!