“An Unbelievable Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Giraffe Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Giraffe Manor
You added Giraffe Manor to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Langata Rd, Langata, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #1 of 124 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“An Unbelievable Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

OMG! Do not miss this gorgeous 'hotel'! We arrived just at feeding time & our gracious host hurried us over to the giraffes so we would not miss them! How very kind! After kissing & hugging these marvelous animals, we checked in & were led to our sumptuous rooms in the original manor. Such luxury cannot be described. Decadent, comfortable, spacious were some words we used when we were led to Jock's room for two of us & Betty's room for one. The ensuites were large with bath, shower, sinks, toiletries, plush towels & thick bathrobes. Jock's room had a comfy sitting area with fireplace & desk as well as two wonderful beds, hot water bottle & mossie nets included! Betty's room was no less sumptuous & included its own private deck overlooking the beautiful gardens & outdoor dining area. We enjoyed drinks & snacks out on the lawn as the sun went down then later we revelled in the exquisite dinner at the outdoor area, warmed by the coal brazier nearby. We were so sorry that we had to leave very early the next morning & would miss the visiting giraffes at breakfast but the staff was up early with us & we were treated to a full breakfast with real coffee & anything at all we'd like cooked for us! This is truly a joy not to be missed. Many thanks to our tour organizer Patrick from Far Horizons for ensuring us rooms as I suspect you must book very far in advance!

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to get rooms in the original manor. There is a new building with more rooms wh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Meeting a Rothschild giraffe upclose- much less having them eat out of your hands or take a treat out of your mouth- is an amazing introduction to Kenya and a safari vacation. And then there is the Giraffe Manor staff - they work every moment to make sure you have a lovely visit. When we arrived after a day of transit, exhausted and jetlagged, and very late at night they had a candlelit table waiting for us in the dining room. When we were ready they served us a lovely dinner. Our second night's dinner was in the main house dining room with a group of fellow guests what an interesting way to start a vacation - to enjoy the company and conversation of one's fellow travellers.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was our second time staying at the Giraffe Manor and even though the management has changed since our last visit, our stay was as wonderful as the first time. We did miss having dinner with the manager and getting to know the rest of the guests as we had on our previous visit, but since the evenings were so nice, they had arranged for dinner to be served outside. On both occasions we stayed in Betty's room and were able to feed the giraffes from our balcony! It was absolutely amazing. This time we went with a group of 6 friends so we occupied half the manor! The service was excellent and I would like to specially thank Michael and Lynette for being flexible about letting us stay longer since we were such a large group and our flights were in the late evening. Lynette took the time to help me out in every possible way when I had an issue with my ticket to fly out that evening. Since we were unable to resolve this over the phone, she managed to provide me a car that took me to the KLM office downtown and ended up having to wait for me for 3 hours! All the staff was wonderful and always smiling and trying for us to have an extra special time. Thanks to Brown, Safari, and all the rest for an excellent time and for worrying about how I was feeling, preparing our special meals, etc. Thanks again for a lovely stay and I hope to visit you soon again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

If you are stopping by Nairobi on your way to a safari (or for any other reason), plan at least a night at the Giraffe Manor. You will not regret it!
I was on my way to Tanzania for a family holiday when our family of 6 spent 2 nights in Giraffe Manor. It was no doubt one of the highlights!

The rooms were nice and cozy and the hosts are lovely. The giraffes! Nothing in the world can prepare you for the experience of being so close to such giant/magnificent/graceful animals....

Highly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed for one night in November 2013. My room was Betty room, the room with balcony and a cozy fire place.

Staff picked me up at the hotel where stayed on previous day and got the manor around 11am.
You don't have to drink yourself or be at the airport for transportation.

With guide of staff, I walked to Giraffe Centre and was able feed giraffes. Actually, the place is connected with Giraffe Centre and giraffes are freely walk around. Or if giraffes saw people at the manor, giraffes come very close to people.
I saw giraffes during my lunch and sipping wine with giraffes coming around was unforgettable. I almost forgot that I was in the capital of Kenya! It was like I stayed and had a lunch at the center of savanna.

After lunch and before sunset, I had opportunities to interact with giraffes. The giraffe was only for me! I didn't have to share with other guests like I experienced at Giraffe Center. Giraffe Center is for everyone and educational place for pupils, so you have to share the moment with someone. But interacting with giraffes at the manor is just for you! Unbelievable experience to monopolize giraffes.

Although I was solo traveler, the place was very comfortable and every staff was friendly. I didn't experience any uncomfortable situation. Lunch and dinner were excellent. My flight was early and I was giving up to have breakfast with giraffes. But thanks to staff! They prepare breakfast for me at 6am and I still could interact with giraffes until I left the place.
I really want to go back to this place again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We started our 7 week trip to Africa with a 2 day stay at Giraffe Manor. It turned out to be the highlight of our trip. We stayed in the Daisy room which was very comfortable and had a large balcony where we had coffee the first morning. As we were drinking our coffee, Lynn, the giraffe, stuck her head over our balcony railing wanting food. Needless to say we were hooked. After feeding her, we dressed and went downstairs to the dining room to find several other giraffes sticking their heads through the windows and being fed by other guests. During the two days we were there we fed, hugged the giraffes and even got a kiss from Ed, the giraffe. The ever present warthogs were equally fun to watch. This place is great for people who like to see the animals up close an personal. We really hated to leave. Also the food was excellent and location was great for touring near Nairobi

Room Tip: The Daisy room was great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed for one night at Giraffe Manor in the new house behind the main building. We were a party of ten and we all absolutely loved it. To be woken by giraffes stretching their beautiful necks up to your bedroom to be fed will never be forgotten. To have breakfast with giraffes leaning in to share your croissants was absolutely extraordinary. If you are in Nairobi - please stay here for a night and if you have children, then they will never forget the experience for the rest of their lives.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Giraffe Manor? Share your experiences!